These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Recurring Opportunities coming soon

First post
Author
Turelus
Utassi Security
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#521 - 2016-04-09 08:33:10 UTC
Ruby Gnollo wrote:
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:

I agree. This is basically introducing grinding to EvE.

I understand you can call this grinding, even if it can be done in 5mns/day, which is far less than whatever you'll find anywhere else.

But look at the alternative : dozen of alts not bringing a cent to the game belonging to the richest players of Eve. This is really Eve : one of the most toxic player base you can find in the entire industry hiding being glorified countless alts & unsub accounts.

And what are you asking for ? Leaving it this way.

When Eve had no equivalent anywhere, things could have last the way they did during the last decade, with elder ones playing for free preying for fun on evercoming fresh young blood. I'm really happy CCP is just only beginning to understand this has to change, provided what's important is to give New Eden a future and not only a shell where to hide for the one of the worst players base on Earth.

If you think this is one of the most toxic communities for online gaming I think you need to spend some time on other MMO's games, or just their forums.

B4R would be laughed at and trolled in most other MMO communities I have played in. EVE is full of griefers and trolls but for the most part everyone in this community will put that aside the moment someone in RL needs something.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#522 - 2016-04-09 08:33:41 UTC
Oxide Ammar wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Oxide Ammar wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Oxide Ammar wrote:
We already have PVE aspect of the game, you have choice to skip them entirely and do what you want. Same goes to these SP opportunities you have the chance to skip them or doing them no one is forcing you.

This is like idiot saying no to PLEX special offers because you are now forcing him to take the deal...You don't want it, don't take it DEAL WITH IT!!

you are being penalised for not shooting rats, plex offers is not the same thing

Not buying injectors from the market is penalizing you. I don't see people whining about.

You didn't see people whining about injectors? Have you been living in a cave?

The end result is CCP did what the intended to do, I didn't see people rage quitting ....I didn't see sky is falling...
But when CCP introduce a free way to gain SP, the **** posts roll start over again. You have the free well to skip any aspect of this game, consider this also as one of these aspects.

I can dig you **** ton of threads from 3-4 years back asking SP for Plex/ISK or threads asking SP for mission rewards and show you the replies veteran forum warriors. I bet half of them already quit the game for different reasons and the rest are buying Injectors from the market.

Yes we have free will to skip any aspect of the game but shooting npc's for SP is penalising the people who don't care to do that, you don't really understand what I'm saying, it's a mechanic which is encouraging people to do a particular activity and if they are not doing that activity then they are being penalised even though they login daily.

Everyone can buy injectors by doing any activity they choose but the SP also wasn't just conjured from thin air, it was already trained , being rewarded for shooting rats while not being rewarded for shooting players, or jumping gates isn't really fair on other parties, this hasn't had much thought and seems like a terrible market research operation to generate nice numbers, it doesn't create any content or interaction it's just a bad grind model which implies more bad grind models to follow.

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#523 - 2016-04-09 08:36:54 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
OKAY!

First - This needs to be account based.
Second - SP isn't the best, but also isn't the worst.
Third - there needs to be a pool that the activity can stack up (say 5 max) so people who can't always log on can still have time to get the rewards.

Everything this program does, needs to be focused on getting players out of stations and interacting with each other. if that means PVP or PVE, that doesn't matter, but it needs to get people out and mingling.

This won't work, because this would miss the obvious purpose of this feature ... forcing enough players to login daily at the same time to inflate the PCU to reach the company goals.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#524 - 2016-04-09 08:39:09 UTC
Ruby Gnollo wrote:
Gerhard Stringfellow wrote:

I agree. This is basically introducing grinding to EvE.

I understand you can call this grinding, even if it can be done in 5mns/day, which is far less than whatever you'll find anywhere else.

But look at the alternative : dozen of alts not bringing a cent to the game belonging to the richest players of Eve.

How are these alternative outcomes?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#525 - 2016-04-09 08:40:32 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:
OKAY!

First - This needs to be account based.
Second - SP isn't the best, but also isn't the worst.
Third - there needs to be a pool that the activity can stack up (say 5 max) so people who can't always log on can still have time to get the rewards.

Everything this program does, needs to be focused on getting players out of stations and interacting with each other. if that means PVP or PVE, that doesn't matter, but it needs to get people out and mingling.

This won't work, because this would miss the obvious purpose of this feature ... forcing enough players to login daily at the same time to inflate the PCU to reach the company goals.

If CCP want players to log in more and shoot NPCs, then making the experience of shooting NPCs fun, challenging and dynamic would be aan infinitely better solution than simply bribing us to.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#526 - 2016-04-09 08:45:05 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
and what about the people who arent interested in pve?

Players who have no interest in pvp get it forced on them on a daily basis Big smile

Why should you be different? You better go dust off that Civilian Miner Lol

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Zerzzes Markarian
McCloud and Markarian Trade and Logistics Corp.
#527 - 2016-04-09 08:45:15 UTC
Sorry but this is a terrible idea. I would be ok to give skillpoints for the opportunities, because this system is useless so far. Or limit it to new players. One of they great advandtages of EVE is that you don't have to login everyday to grind stuff. Instead you login to have fun. Making it per character is even worse, because it's really not fun to cycle through all characters just to shoot one rat. This way, the game will become a burden, because you will have everday when you don't login you will have a bad feeling.

Apart from that, loging in once per day in a cyno alt, to kill a single rat in a belt, doesn't really add conrent.

Also 10k is way way too much. That is 900k a month for one account with 3 characters. Thats not too far from what you get with a second skill queue which cost one PLEX.
Zepheros Naeonis
TinklePee
#528 - 2016-04-09 08:46:50 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Lol, dailies in EVE. It's so terrible, it's brilliant.

Couldn't have said it better.
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#529 - 2016-04-09 08:47:47 UTC
People calm the f*ck down... Jesus....

You can say what ever you like. The will add this. No matter what we are saying. The ignore it because why not? The doing want the want and or feedback is just to collect data what the are going to lose nothing more! The already do that with so many change now.

The game is bleeding to dead. Yah we know ccp. But come on you can do better than daily`s?
How about making real "content" than actual forcing to players to keep playing in a game?
There is a reason to we are eve online and not world of warcraft or any other casual arcade mmorpg auto clicker game!

Grinding sp points well that was a great idea BEFORE you RELEASE SP INJECTORS.... Now its just useless and waste of time if you can spend 10 bucks for sp..........

If the release this i`m out for good yah not because i`m angry no because i`m disappoint in ccp of yet another bad idea. This is not the first time and not the last time to say the least!

Eve online statics see here http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility. Yah the are bombardment the website so the website can not load here and there.
Gray Hinken
trying to be friendly
i just wanna upload my logo
#530 - 2016-04-09 08:47:47 UTC
No. Just no.

Daily mob-based quest with additional XP bonus.

Zero creativity.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#531 - 2016-04-09 08:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Lan Wang
Drago Shouna wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
and what about the people who arent interested in pve?

Players who have no interest in pvp get it forced on them on a daily basis Big smile

Why should you be different? You better go dust off that Civilian Miner Lol

No they don't, it's easily avoided and is avoided by many players without any penalties, people don't get an SP reward for shooting anot her player so why should a PVE er get SP for shooting a rat? I'm not just talking about pvpers here I'm also talking about miners, traders, haulers, industrialists

Wouldn't be surprised if they advance this to a f2p model soon

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#532 - 2016-04-09 08:53:17 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
People calm the f*ck down... Jesus....

You can say what ever you like. The will add this. No matter what we are saying. The ignore it because why not? The doing want the want and or feedback is just to collect data what the are going to lose nothing more! The already do that with so many change now.

The game is bleeding to dead. Yah we know ccp. But come on you can do better than daily`s?
How about making real "content" than actual forcing to players to keep playing in a game?
There is a reason to we are eve online and not world of warcraft or any other casual arcade mmorpg auto clicker game!

Grinding sp points well that was a great idea BEFORE you RELEASE SP INJECTORS.... Now its just useless and waste of time if you can spend 10 bucks for sp..........

If the release this i`m out for good yah not because i`m angry no because i`m disappoint in ccp of yet another bad idea. This is not the first time and not the last time to say the least!

Eve online statics see here http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility. Yah the are bombardment the website so the website can not load here and there.

That's the essence of P2W right there. They make you do something silly and grindy, or you can just buy the thing from the cash shop instead to do the same thing. 600ish million ISK (so, about 0.6 plex), 400k SP-or, 40 days of this silliness.

A signature :o

Praal
Bearded BattleBears
#533 - 2016-04-09 08:59:29 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
shooting npc's for SP is penalising the people who don't care to do that, you don't really understand what I'm saying, it's a mechanic which is encouraging people to do a particular activity and if they are not doing that activity then they are being penalised even though they login daily.

I expect that this is a first step and as they develop it they will add options for other activities. Also, a vast number of other activities give you the opportunity to shoot a npc somewhere. Jumping gates (in null)? Shoot a NPC on the gate. Doing missions? Already done. Doing FW? Already done. Mining? Already done. Incursions? Already done. Ratting/WH escalating? Already done. PvPing? In null? Shoot a NPC as you pass a gate. In FW? Shoot a NPC in a plex. Hot dropping? Shoot a npc in the anom you dropped in.

Lan Wang wrote:
the SP also wasn't just conjured from thin air, it was already trained

This is an illusion. As soon as demand goes up and raises the price to above the PLEX price to produce there is essentially an unlimited amount of alts that can be PLEXd and/or dual-trained to generate SP.

Lan Wang wrote:
it doesn't create any content or interaction

People logging in brings the game to their mind and exposes them to what is going on (via chat, patch notes, evemail from their corp, etc). If even 5 in 100 players who log in to do their daily SPs gets distracted into also doing some other game activity that can still cause 100s to 1000s of players to be more active in the game.

Lan Wang wrote:
it's just a bad grind model which implies more bad grind models to follow.

The grind model was added with injectors. This just opens it up more to poorer/newer players instead of keeping it the realm of veteran / rich players.
David Kir
Hotbirds
#534 - 2016-04-09 09:06:33 UTC
Yall people need to get out of your 1337 POS and stop circlejerking over how different and edgy EVE is.

This changes NOTHING. And if it helps one more newbro stick with the game, why the hell not.

Friends are like cows: if you eat them, they die.

beakerax
Pator Tech School
#535 - 2016-04-09 09:09:37 UTC
Praal wrote:
The grind model was added with injectors. This just opens it up more to poorer/newer players instead of keeping it the realm of veteran / rich players.

remember back when skill injectors were intended for newer players
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#536 - 2016-04-09 09:10:13 UTC
EVE has always been about an equal playing field in terms of SP progression which is one of the reasons I play this game over any other MMO out there. This opens the door to grinding for your SP which frankly isn't fun or challenging and goes against one of the core selling points of EVE.
Dave Stark
#537 - 2016-04-09 09:16:54 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
EVE has always been about an equal playing field in terms of SP progression which is one of the reasons I play this game over any other MMO out there. This opens the door to grinding for your SP which frankly isn't fun or challenging and goes against one of the core selling points of EVE.

to be fair, grinding for SP door was flung open when the character bazaar opened up.

however, this idea is bad for other reasons. with the char bazaar, and skill injectors you can do that at your own pace. you can do it to suit you. you're not losing out for doing it on a schedule/time scale that suits you.

this proposal, however, is simply a flat out punishment for those who don't log in every day. it's not an incentive to play, it's a punishment for having a life outside of eve.
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#538 - 2016-04-09 09:18:38 UTC
Praal wrote:
People logging in brings the game to their mind and exposes them to what is going on (via chat, patch notes, evemail from their corp, etc). If even 5 in 100 players who log in to do their daily SPs gets distracted into also doing some other game activity that can still cause 100s to 1000s of players to be more active in the game.
Looking at it from a purely PVE point of view, CCP's basically saying:

'If you log on for 5 minutes to kill a rat, you get 10k SP x3, worth on average 50 mil ISK.

If you stay logged on, you can make another 50mil ISK in anywhere from, say 20-30 mins to an hour+ depending on what you do.'

That's definitely an incentive to stay logged in for more than 5 minutes, isn't it? Roll

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Khar-Toba
Doomheim
#539 - 2016-04-09 09:19:07 UTC
Dorijan wrote:
Let's add the worst feature of any MMO - daily chores - to EVE Online.

What could possibly go wrong?

This.
Zanzibar Heroshima
Daeuuas.
#540 - 2016-04-09 09:21:55 UTC
Is this a troll?