These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Navy Omen fit - fast mission runner

Author
Qen Tye
In Between
#1 - 2016-04-08 08:29:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Qen Tye
Hi,

I needed a cruiser the other day to run lvl 1 missions, so I dug out an old fit I had for a Navy Omen and thought I would share it with you guys.

The point with this fit is being fast pick up missions / complete missions. No salvaging nor looting involved, as well, none of these present any real value. However, if you wanna loot / salvage, fit a salvager and knock your self out :)

It does the job fast and without any real threats for lvl 1 missions. If your skills does not allow you to use T2 modules, use T1 until you can upgrade and use for lvl 2 missions as well.

Data with my skills:
Effective HP: 22.253
EM resist 0 / 50; Thermal resist 20 / 59,4; Kinetic resist 40 / 53,1; Epxlosive 50 / 50
Cap: Stable at 48%
DPS: 109
Mobility: 2143 m/s

Approx price: 90 - 110 mill isk, depending on the market prices in your region. The ship itself for me was 48.5 mill.

[Omen Navy Issue, QT PewPew BadaBing]
Energized Explosive Membrane II
Energized Thermal Membrane II
Energized Kinetic Membrane II
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System I

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive

Focused Modal Pulse Laser I, Multifrequency M
[empty high slot]

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Now this is the buffed up blinged out version of it, which of course raises the price a great deal.

The difference in outcome vs. the more cost is not that big as the cheaper version. Might be better off with a Zealot instead of ths version.

Data with my skills:
Effective HP: 25.531
EM resist 0 / 50; Thermal resist 20 / 63,9; Kinetic resist 40 / 58,4; Epxlosive 50 / 55,6
Cap: Lasts 1m 6s
DPS: 133
Mobility: 2143 m/s

[Omen Navy Issue, QT PewPew BadaBing]
Corpum A-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Corpum A-Type Energized Kinetic Membrane
Corpum A-Type Energized Explosive Membrane
Imperial Navy 400mm Steel Plates
Imperial Navy 400mm Steel Plates
Overdrive Injector System II
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Imperial Navy Cap Recharger
Gistum A-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Scorch M
[empty high slot]

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Two possibilities exists: Either we are alone in the universeĀ or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

• Arthur C. Clarke
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#2 - 2016-04-08 17:00:26 UTC
A confessor would be better, and way cheaper too

Also, 109 & 133 dps?! That's pretty low (my beam venture has more dps lol)

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Paranoid Loyd
#3 - 2016-04-08 17:05:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
This is not how you blitz level 1&2 missions. In fact it's probably one of the most inefficient ways.

Damage in the lows and warp speed rigs is how you blitz. A one slot tank if that is all that is required for level 1s and a one slot tank should be sufficient for most level 2s.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Arcturus Ursidae
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-04-08 17:22:27 UTC
For level one missions only this might even be over tanked.

I would of thought a single rep and energised membrane with more damage and tracking mods would be better.

I was absent for well over a year and recently came back, having bought the collectors edition some time ago I took the opportunity to start a new character and go through the starter stuff.

With plenty of cash due to the collectors edition and an amarr character I went straight for the navy slicer for the T1 missions and epic arc.

It's fast accessible has optimal range bonus and is ammo efficient.

I think if you really want to level 1 missions quickly then DPS and warp speed are the way to go. If I were dropping a 100mil on my main for this I would probably pick tech 3 destroyer or assault ship.

Here is a T2 version along the line of what I was using.

[Imperial Navy Slicer, Level 1]
Small Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Tracking Enhancer II

1MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Multifrequency S
Small Focused Beam Laser II, Multifrequency S

Small Energy Collision Accelerator II
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2016-04-08 18:10:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
That's pretty good, you can get 14% more DPS by using navy crystals. Levels 1s are so squishy it may be more efficient to use longer range crystals if the targets are out of multi range instead of flying to them. Although it costs more than the whole fit, a blingy afterburner will save you a second or two here and there. I would also probably go tracking computer instead of web (you'll have to use the meta version instead of T2 with that fit but you don't lose much range). The biggest damper on efficiency in missions is wasting time flying to your target. (both in warp and on grid) If you can hit it from farther away and it's a squishy frigate you can probably alpha it off the field, so every bit of range you can get from your guns means you are applying DPS instead of flying to the target, also I don't like to micro manage the web in missions.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!