These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Visible Hardwirings

Author
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-01-12 23:50:54 UTC
If I connect hardwirings in slots 6-10 of my character why can't I see the new cabling on my headQuestion
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#2 - 2012-01-12 23:54:56 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
If I connect hardwirings in slots 6-10 of my character why can't I see the new cabling on my headQuestion

Because they are subdermal?

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Eternum Praetorian
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-01-12 23:56:41 UTC
Lors Dornick wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:

Just like their pictures? Stop posting.

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]

T' Elk
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-01-13 00:33:54 UTC
This is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

/backto posting pictures of the pets I have rescued on imgur

~Badposter since FOOOOREEEEEVAAAAAR~ I come back after 2 years to THIS? ~Now 4 years apparently

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-01-13 00:56:49 UTC
Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Lors Dornick wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:

Just like their pictures? Stop posting.

The pictures are just blown up, the real ones are probably the size of your average deer tick (before it gets bloated up)

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#6 - 2012-01-13 01:03:50 UTC
If they were exposed, they could get cut or wires exposed, and those wires run directly to your brain. Dont want to die of rust blocking your synapses do you?

Much safer to have them all tucked away under a soft skin, or maybe below the bone.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-01-13 01:04:34 UTC
No it's actual hardwiring, meaning your head is hardwired with cables to the ship. So where's the cables
Rixiu
PonyTek
#8 - 2012-01-13 01:06:25 UTC
Because CCP didn't want to ruin that perfect barbie doll look of avatars? How are you supposed to sell 1000$ pants if the characters look like a cyborg? Duh...
Vyl Vit
#9 - 2012-01-13 01:11:35 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
No it's actual hardwiring, meaning your head is hardwired with cables to the ship. So where's the cables

They're invisible.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-01-13 01:13:28 UTC
Vyl Vit wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:

They're invisible.

That makes about as much sense as microscopic subdermal implants that magically make your guns do more damage or give your ship more shields
Bella Yar
Reloaded Reloaded
#11 - 2012-01-13 01:32:48 UTC
Maybe, all those metal things that come out your back and connect yourself to your pod, can ALSO connect any subdermal implants to your pod...

Ai Shun
#12 - 2012-01-13 01:33:31 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:

Hair. Must be the hair.
Kolya Medz
Kolya Inc.
#13 - 2012-01-13 01:36:18 UTC
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#14 - 2012-01-13 01:38:53 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:

so your picture is of you in your ship?
I thought we wuz naked in the pod goo

BTW if you ever loaded up CQ you might notice a series of ports running up your spine.....

of course this don't explain the implant pictures... but perhaps CCP thought you might like a visual reference to what is otherwise hidden

Jenshae Chiroptera
#15 - 2012-01-13 01:55:26 UTC
Morganta wrote:

BTW if you ever loaded up CQ you might notice a series of ports running up your spine.....

... and strangely enough for those who have brains, the spine connects to it and wires could easily run up and along the spine to the base of the skull subcutaneously.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

MeestaPenni
Mercantile and Stuff
#16 - 2012-01-13 02:28:06 UTC
Yeah, I complain to the local burger joint when the reality doesn't match up with the marketing too.....

I am not Prencleeve Grothsmore.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-01-13 03:09:26 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Morganta wrote:

... and strangely enough for those who have brains, the spine connects to it and wires could easily run up and along the spine to the base of the skull subcutaneously.

Must've read the plans upside down... I have to do pelvic thrusts to fire my weapons

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Killstealing
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-01-13 03:30:32 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Morganta wrote:

Must've read the plans upside down... I have to do pelvic thrusts to fire my weapons

http://i.imgur.com/YqWpN.gif
Samantha Utama
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-01-13 04:28:34 UTC
The hardwirings have integrated cloaking devices. I thought this was common knowledge. What?
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#20 - 2012-01-13 04:31:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
Go to you're CQ. Go to the Char Editor. Strip. look at your back.

That is where the hardwirings go. Into the spine. When you are out of your pod, no need for the connection.

EDIT: blah other people were first... would have seen that had I read past the OP...
12Next page