These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

NeverDry™ T-Shirt [Updated] Men's Sizes

First post
Author
Desiderya
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#41 - 2016-03-31 13:25:00 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
Is there a way to get the technology behind this to make waterproof clothing that is actually waterproof and not slightly water resistant?


If only we had the technology to make waterproof clothing.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#42 - 2016-03-31 13:50:12 UTC
Desiderya wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
Is there a way to get the technology behind this to make waterproof clothing that is actually waterproof and not slightly water resistant?


If only we had the technology to make waterproof clothing.


Work suits, protection suits, raincoats, silic clothes, waterproofing techniques...

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Utari Onzo
Escalated.
Project Gungnir.
#43 - 2016-03-31 14:08:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Utari Onzo
No, but it'd be a product I'd buy Amirya.

A lot of the so called waterproof clothing options are either waterproof but terribly unbreathable. Otherwise, it's water resistant and breathes but in a serious storm doesn't hold up well.

I was hoping this technology could bridge between the two.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Desiderya
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#44 - 2016-03-31 16:37:51 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Desiderya wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
Is there a way to get the technology behind this to make waterproof clothing that is actually waterproof and not slightly water resistant?


If only we had the technology to make waterproof clothing.


Work suits, protection suits, raincoats, silic clothes, waterproofing techniques...


I know! The possibiltiies would be endless. Just imagine the places societies could go.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#45 - 2016-03-31 16:44:14 UTC
There are some that claim that the best waterproof clothing is made from human leather.




Those people are idiots.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Yarosara Ruil
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#46 - 2016-03-31 16:49:37 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
Those people are idiots.


Experience is the best teacher, Miss Valate. And a proven cure against ignorance!
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#47 - 2016-03-31 16:52:25 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
No, but it'd be a product I'd buy Amirya.

A lot of the so called waterproof clothing options are either waterproof but terribly unbreathable. Otherwise, it's water resistant and breathes but in a serious storm doesn't hold up well.

I was hoping this technology could bridge between the two.


But dropsuits are already breathable and waterproof. So are any suit that utilise variants of the same tech.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Kador Ouryon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2016-03-31 22:08:17 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
No, but it'd be a product I'd buy Amirya.

A lot of the so called waterproof clothing options are either waterproof but terribly unbreathable. Otherwise, it's water resistant and breathes but in a serious storm doesn't hold up well.

I was hoping this technology could bridge between the two.


But dropsuits are already breathable and waterproof. So are any suit that utilise variants of the same tech.


I wouldn't ever try to put on on though.

Aside from it being a poor fit for most roughly human sized individuals the rapid formation of late stage stomach cancers due to a lack of reactor shielding is a real turn off.

That said those advanced combat armours the SOE are something and look pretty safe.

What fills the soul? Something that guides a lost child back to it's parents arms. Or waves that dye the shores of the heart gold. A blessed breath to nurture life in a land of wheat. Or the path the Sef descend drawn in ash. In the wake of fire.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#49 - 2016-04-01 00:13:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Kador Ouryon wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
No, but it'd be a product I'd buy Amirya.

A lot of the so called waterproof clothing options are either waterproof but terribly unbreathable. Otherwise, it's water resistant and breathes but in a serious storm doesn't hold up well.

I was hoping this technology could bridge between the two.


But dropsuits are already breathable and waterproof. So are any suit that utilise variants of the same tech.


I wouldn't ever try to put on on though.

Aside from it being a poor fit for most roughly human sized individuals the rapid formation of late stage stomach cancers due to a lack of reactor shielding is a real turn off.

That said those advanced combat armours the SOE are something and look pretty safe.


But there are civilian models that utilises the same tech behind dropsuits. For example, this here Boundless Creation Model LC-3 jumpsuit, a heavy duty work-suit inspired by the Logistics Dropsuits, now with powerful on-board computer, microfluidic underlayer to absorb sweat and keep the suit breathable, stanene-based nanocircuits which connect the computer to its myriads sensors for detecting temperature and pressure changes as well as work some of the on-board tools like the voltmeter, for example, an AR display and rebreather. Not to mention highly resistant to cuts, burns and corrosions.

No shield emitters

I have one in my locker right now.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Kador Ouryon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2016-04-01 02:35:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Kador Ouryon
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Kador Ouryon wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
No, but it'd be a product I'd buy Amirya.

A lot of the so called waterproof clothing options are either waterproof but terribly unbreathable. Otherwise, it's water resistant and breathes but in a serious storm doesn't hold up well.

I was hoping this technology could bridge between the two.


But dropsuits are already breathable and waterproof. So are any suit that utilise variants of the same tech.


I wouldn't ever try to put on on though.

Aside from it being a poor fit for most roughly human sized individuals the rapid formation of late stage stomach cancers due to a lack of reactor shielding is a real turn off.

That said those advanced combat armours the SOE are something and look pretty safe.


But there are civilian models that utilises the same tech behind dropsuits. For example, this here Boundless Creation Model LC-3 jumpsuit, a heavy duty work-suit inspired by the Logistics Dropsuits, now with powerful on-board computer, microfluidic underlayer to absorb sweat and keep the suit breathable, stanene-based nanocircuits which connect the computer to its myriads sensors for detecting temperature and pressure changes as well as work some of the on-board tools like the voltmeter, for example, an AR display and rebreather. Not to mention highly resistant to cuts, burns and corrosions.

No shield emitters

I have one in my locker right now.


Certainly. Many of the weapons and dropsuit produced by Republic based corporations and used by cloned soldiers was developed from mining equipment rather than advanced military technology.

I'm sure you will find scaled down variations of the the traditional light weight frames composed of the same friction and impact dampening materials that form a bio-hermetic membrane on the civilian markets for sporting use.

I would assume for personal safety of the user most things would have been removed like the augmented joint servo motors as god knows the human body isn't always particularly good at being forced past its natural limits by machines, integrated optical sensors, and expensive pigment ferro crystals. It would be fair to guess the 'All Eyes' AI-53 sensor system used for combat would be replaced with something less invasive and similar to that of your dropsuit so as to keep track of the users physical state.

I'm quite curious about how the NeverDry manages to stay..... well 'never dry' and if it uses and if it uses techniques similar to those employed in dropsuits... besides of course the obvious aesthetic benefits if I can convince her to wear them.

My money's on no... but it was worth a shot.

What fills the soul? Something that guides a lost child back to it's parents arms. Or waves that dye the shores of the heart gold. A blessed breath to nurture life in a land of wheat. Or the path the Sef descend drawn in ash. In the wake of fire.

Ameriya
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2016-04-01 02:41:59 UTC
NeverDry™ T-Shirts enhance your bust the much like high heels enhance your legs and posterior. You don't need another reason to wear it!
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#52 - 2016-04-01 02:55:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Kador Ouryon wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Kador Ouryon wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
No, but it'd be a product I'd buy Amirya.

A lot of the so called waterproof clothing options are either waterproof but terribly unbreathable. Otherwise, it's water resistant and breathes but in a serious storm doesn't hold up well.

I was hoping this technology could bridge between the two.


But dropsuits are already breathable and waterproof. So are any suit that utilise variants of the same tech.


I wouldn't ever try to put on on though.

Aside from it being a poor fit for most roughly human sized individuals the rapid formation of late stage stomach cancers due to a lack of reactor shielding is a real turn off.

That said those advanced combat armours the SOE are something and look pretty safe.


But there are civilian models that utilises the same tech behind dropsuits. For example, this here Boundless Creation Model LC-3 jumpsuit, a heavy duty work-suit inspired by the Logistics Dropsuits, now with powerful on-board computer, microfluidic underlayer to absorb sweat and keep the suit breathable, stanene-based nanocircuits which connect the computer to its myriads sensors for detecting temperature and pressure changes as well as work some of the on-board tools like the voltmeter, for example, an AR display and rebreather. Not to mention highly resistant to cuts, burns and corrosions.

No shield emitters

I have one in my locker right now.


Certainly. Many of the weapons and dropsuit produced by Republic based corporations and used by cloned soldiers was developed from mining equipment rather than advanced military technology.

I'm sure you will find scaled down variations of the the traditional light weight frames composed of the same friction and impact dampening materials that form a bio-hermetic membrane on the civilian markets for sporting use.

I would assume for personal safety of the user most things would have been removed like the augmented joint servo motors as god knows the human body isn't always particularly good at being forced past its natural limits by machines, integrated optical sensors, and expensive pigment ferro crystals. It would be fair to guess the 'All Eyes' AI-53 sensor system used for combat would be replaced with something less invasive and similar to that of your dropsuit so as to keep track of the users physical state.

I'm quite curious about how the NeverDry manages to stay..... well 'never dry' and if it uses and if it uses techniques similar to those employed in dropsuits... besides of course the obvious benefits if I can convince her to wear them.

My money's on no... but it was worth a shot.


Technologies invented or used for military or industrial purposes tend to bleed down into the civilian sectors after all. In the case of Minmatar, it usually goes full circle. Military and industrial tech bleeding down to civilian sectors, which will then mutate it and add onto it into something that will then be applied in the military and industrial sector, and the cycle begins anew.

Yes, the suit does not have frames. We still use MTACs for whatever purposes the frames can be used for in the industrial sector e.g., heavy load lifting. And you are right about the sensor system. A similar, less invasive system is used not only to monitor the physical state of the user, but also other users when foreman mode is activated. A similar system used in fleet command. It also allows us to monitor environment changes such as temperature, toxin levels, radiation levels, etch, as well as allow for the usage of virtual tools such as the virtual calipers, weights, etc.

The most revolutionary system we currently have on our suits, however, is the tool-suit interfacing system. It acts similarly to the fitting system of dropsuits and ships. You attach additional tools to your suits, right at the ports, and the suit computer systems will interface and make it work. An example being the palm-mounted tractor beam and micro-thruster module for zero-g work.

Though since we are Minmatar, everything on this suit is moddable. Everything. I had personally fabricated a back-mounted tool-kit which includes pincer arms, arc welders, variable screwdrivers, multiple tractor-beam arms for suspension of material purposes and a blowtorch. I had also modified the suit itself to interface with my spinal socket.

As for the Neverdry, as I figure it, there's probably a highly porous layer under the shirt but with additionally material that greatly slows the rate of evaporation. Some variant of the microfluidic layer used in our suits. It probably won't be 'never dry' indefinitely, but it will stay wet for much longer periods of time compared to ordinary cotton clothes.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#53 - 2016-04-01 18:29:56 UTC
Ameriya wrote:
NeverDry™ T-Shirts enhance your bust the much like high heels enhance your legs and posterior. You don't need another reason to wear it!

High heels are incredibly uncomfortable and dysfunctional wear. They don't enhance legs, they make them operate way worse.
Also I don't think that enhancing bust is needed anywhere besides feeding of babies, and I don't understand how a wet shirt can help in this.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#54 - 2016-04-01 19:16:09 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Ameriya wrote:
NeverDry™ T-Shirts enhance your bust the much like high heels enhance your legs and posterior. You don't need another reason to wear it!

High heels are incredibly uncomfortable and dysfunctional wear. They don't enhance legs, they make them operate way worse.
Also I don't think that enhancing bust is needed anywhere besides feeding of babies, and I don't understand how a wet shirt can help in this.


And your shoulder-pads don't serve the purely visual goal of making your figure look more imposing, commanding ?

I know you types, all huff puff ... rules, regulations ... punishments ...but no guts and no soul. Your ego would shrink by a lot, were you to do actual SpecOps fieldwork.

Ah damit, I'm again rambling about past times. Fedo droppings I have turned my back on.

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Ophelia Kiselouvre
Both Hands on the Keyboard at All Times
#55 - 2016-04-01 19:40:38 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
I don't understand how a wet shirt can help in this.

Of course you wouldn't. Widen that worldview so it can't fit through the eye of a needle anymore sometime, and things will stop sailing past you and start making sense!

Think I'll be going with one of each!

Hi~~~♥

Omega Jovakko
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#56 - 2016-04-01 20:45:46 UTC
Let it be known that I'm ordering every style of men's sizes when they become available, I don't know about you guys, but having a wet shirt makes me feel much more confident as a Capsuleer, it lets me feel like a real man.

"Let them try and come. They've got 3 for every 1 of ours, it'll be a great time"

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#57 - 2016-04-01 20:47:55 UTC
Jill Xelitras wrote:

I know you types, all huff puff ... rules, regulations ... punishments ...but no guts and no soul.

Oh, another one "talk a lot, do nothing" types?
How about you coming here and telling it into my eyes?
No guts, no soul? Maybe just visit me and solve it one on one. In person, or maybe in a ship of your choice. And we'll see who have no guts here.

Until you do so, I'll consider you being without guts though.

Jill Xelitras wrote:

Your ego would shrink by a lot, were you to do actual SpecOps fieldwork.

Been there, done that.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Ameriya
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2016-04-02 09:38:10 UTC
Omega Jovakko wrote:
Let it be known that I'm ordering every style of men's sizes when they become available, I don't know about you guys, but having a wet shirt makes me feel much more confident as a Capsuleer, it lets me feel like a real man.

What kind of designs do you think that men would like on their shirts?
Anyone could answer this, really.
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#59 - 2016-04-02 13:07:14 UTC
Caldari Navy logo!
Caldari Navy - this is where all the real men are!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Omega Jovakko
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#60 - 2016-04-02 19:46:07 UTC
Ameriya wrote:
Omega Jovakko wrote:
Let it be known that I'm ordering every style of men's sizes when they become available, I don't know about you guys, but having a wet shirt makes me feel much more confident as a Capsuleer, it lets me feel like a real man.

What kind of designs do you think that men would like on their shirts?
Anyone could answer this, really.



I personally would like the Quafe signature, or perhaps my own face, as a colorful image.

Diana Kim wrote:
Caldari Navy logo!
Caldari Navy - this is where all the real men are!


Not sure if you've actually shared a drink with any Amarr, but they are pretty man-like in their ability to hold their liquor. And never Arm-wrestle a Gallante, JUST SAYING

"Let them try and come. They've got 3 for every 1 of ours, it'll be a great time"