These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

did not get promised injector

First post First post
Author
Krystel Amkalai
Rogue Clones
#1 - 2016-03-29 17:58:39 UTC
This account had expired some months ago (knew I wouldn't be able to renew so set a long queue). A few weeks ago got a message to renew before 3/31 and I'd get a skill injector.
Renewed last week. Nada on the injector. There is a message in my Skills page about some unassigned points and I need an injector for them.
Eh?
CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2016-03-29 18:06:22 UTC
I'm not familiar with the details of any current renewal offers, but if you signed up for one and feel you didn't get what you were promised, you should open a ticket at our customer support site.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

Memphis Baas
#3 - 2016-03-29 18:08:33 UTC
It's an extractor (empty), not an injector (full with 500k points). It should be in your Redeemable Items, bottom of the screen when you get to the screen where you have to select which character you want to log in with. And if it's not there, you'll need to create a support ticket, because telling us what happened won't resolve the issue; we're players like you, with no access to your stuff.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#4 - 2016-03-29 19:51:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Krystel Amkalai wrote:
This account had expired some months ago (knew I wouldn't be able to renew so set a long queue). A few weeks ago got a message to renew before 3/31 and I'd get a skill injector.
Renewed last week. Nada on the injector. There is a message in my Skills page about some unassigned points and I need an injector for them.
Eh?


Sounds familiar. I paid 80 euros to resub 2 accounts for 3 months each, and after several mails to customer relations it turned that the offer e-mail was poorly worded and the offer I tried to use had expired and wasn't appliable to those accounts.

Funniest thing is that, as I resubbed them, I wondered why there was no mention of extractors, and blamed it on a issue with the account page, not a sign that the offer wasn't appliable. So I thought that CCP had botched the account page, and yet what they actually botched was the offer e-mail whcih didn't mention any time limit.

The part in which I ended with 80 euros less for two accounts with enough PLEXes in them to run them for as long as I intended to stay subscribbed is not so funny, though, and I feel like CCP (unvoluntarely) cheated me out of my money. Evil
Marsha Mallow
#5 - 2016-03-29 20:18:38 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
I feel like CCP (unvoluntarely) cheated me out of my money. Evil

I've legit never seen you say anything positive about CCP anyway, so business as normal
Straight

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#6 - 2016-03-29 20:52:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Quote:
poorly worded

Its not an excuse. Poorly worded can be a firstgrader letter to santa claus, not a promotional text on which company depends to get more subscribers. It almost looks like it was deliberate. I feel pity for goof who worded that promotion and for goof who review and accepted it.

I know people who UNSUBSCRIBE for far less.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#7 - 2016-03-29 21:35:28 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Quote:
poorly worded

Its not an excuse. Poorly worded can be a firstgrader letter to santa claus, not a promotional text on which company depends to get more subscribers. It almost looks like it was deliberate. I feel pity for goof who worded that ptomotion and for goof who review and accepted it.

I know people who UNSUBSRIBE for far less.


Kinda moot after paying 2x 3 months of subscription, isn't it? Also my susbcriptions are always cancelled, lest not be charged without warning.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#8 - 2016-03-29 21:36:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Indahmawar Fazmarai
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
I feel like CCP (unvoluntarely) cheated me out of my money. Evil

I've legit never seen you say anything positive about CCP anyway, so business as normal
Straight


Well, tricking players into paying 80 euros for an offer that wasn't appliable is not something to be proud about, even as a blopper.
Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#9 - 2016-03-30 14:46:11 UTC
True.

However, it is even worse that you now have a bad feeling about all this and are angry instead of superexcited because we are VERY SOON (tm) getting all those fantastic and shiny citadels and capital toys CCP has been teasing us with for years!

I disapprove of this and will therefore send you an extractor each as soon as I'm getting home.

Welcome back.
Interesting times ahead.
Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#10 - 2016-03-30 15:34:48 UTC
Contracts are up. Jita 4-4. o7
Krystel Amkalai
Rogue Clones
#11 - 2016-03-30 18:00:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Krystel Amkalai
Wow, thank you Edward!

I'll find a way to get the items; the Caldari despise this character. Shoot on sight. Big smile
Terion Fierceglade
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-03-30 18:07:54 UTC
Cry me a river. Seriously.
Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#13 - 2016-03-30 22:50:15 UTC
Krystel Amkalai wrote:
Wow, thank you Edward!

I'll find a way to get the items; the Caldari despise this character. Shoot on sight. Big smile


You're welcome.
You can use the Injector remotely, probably also the extractor (like PLEX through asset menu, try it). Not sure about SKINs.
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#14 - 2016-03-30 22:52:09 UTC
Edward Olmops wrote:
Krystel Amkalai wrote:
Wow, thank you Edward!

I'll find a way to get the items; the Caldari despise this character. Shoot on sight. Big smile


You're welcome.
You can use the Injector remotely, probably also the extractor (like PLEX through asset menu, try it). Not sure about SKINs.


Wait you can use PLEX remotely? Shocked Even Skill Extractors/Injectors? I NEVER KNEW!

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Edward Olmops
Gunboat Commando
#15 - 2016-03-31 01:09:02 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Edward Olmops wrote:
Krystel Amkalai wrote:
Wow, thank you Edward!

I'll find a way to get the items; the Caldari despise this character. Shoot on sight. Big smile


You're welcome.
You can use the Injector remotely, probably also the extractor (like PLEX through asset menu, try it). Not sure about SKINs.


Wait you can use PLEX remotely? Shocked Even Skill Extractors/Injectors? I NEVER KNEW!


Big smile
Well, you are not alone. Search zkillboard for PLEX in cargo.
In fact you normally never need to move those thingies.
GM Stardust
Game Masters
C C P Alliance
#16 - 2016-04-01 13:19:57 UTC
Hey there.

I am sorry that your experience with the Skill Extractor offer was not positive, but I would really like to know where you see the "3/31" offer end date.

Below is the text we sent to all accounts eligible for the Skill Extractor offer:

"Skill Trading has arrived in New Eden. That's BIG news for returning players, because it gives them the power to get up to speed faster and experience the latest features sooner.

Return today with a discounted 3-month subscription offer and get a complimentary skill extractor. Act fast, as the offer expires 21 February 2016."


There really should not be any confusion regarding the end date in this message, but if you got any other messages, then I would love to see an example.

Best Regards
Lead GM Stardust
Yiole Gionglao
#17 - 2016-04-01 14:01:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Yiole Gionglao
GM Stardust wrote:
Hey there.

I am sorry that your experience with the Skill Extractor offer was not positive, but I would really like to know where you see the "3/31" offer end date.

Below is the text we sent to all accounts eligible for the Skill Extractor offer:

"Skill Trading has arrived in New Eden. That's BIG news for returning players, because it gives them the power to get up to speed faster and experience the latest features sooner.

Return today with a discounted 3-month subscription offer and get a complimentary skill extractor. Act fast, as the offer expires 21 February 2016."


There really should not be any confusion regarding the end date in this message, but if you got any other messages, then I would love to see an example.

Best Regards
Lead GM Stardust


You may just check ticket #129359 for details on how NOT to write an offer (tip: what's the expiry date...?). Specially when the customer haves cancelled but active accounts and cancelled and inactive accounts and so is getting 3/4 mails with each promotional wave.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you