These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

FPS of 200?

Author
ACESsiggy
Pandemic Horde Inc.
#1 - 2016-03-26 14:14:49 UTC
So anyone know why my FPS is 150+ constantly? My GPU fan(s) are kicking into overdrive playing the game.

EDIT: currently found out window mode set with interval one keeps a nice 60 fps. Bringing it back to full screen however jumps my FPS to 150+ causing my fans to work harder.

I would like to keep my Video Card. Any solutions?

“The open-minded see the truth in different things: the narrow-minded see only the differences.”

Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#2 - 2016-03-27 08:26:13 UTC
VSync is enabled?
ACESsiggy
Pandemic Horde Inc.
#3 - 2016-03-28 17:40:33 UTC
Mr Mac wrote:
VSync is enabled?

It would be nice if the graphic settings had this. I went into NVDIA control panel and changed my global settings from "adaptive" to On.

This has fixed the issue for the game and I no longer have 200 fps with a steady 60fps with my fans taking a chill pill.

“The open-minded see the truth in different things: the narrow-minded see only the differences.”

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#4 - 2016-03-29 00:34:53 UTC
Go into options and check "Preset Interval". You probably have it on "Interval immediate", which imparts no frame limit in game (No VSync essentually). Flip it on to "Interval one" to make Eve.exe enforce a 60 frame per second limit (same thing as VSync On).

This will also override what ever graphics settings you have out of game as well, so you don't have to mess with your card's settings just for Eve's sake.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."