These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

I tried......

Author
Queen Akima
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-03-22 04:15:43 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
So I recently tried FW/PVP and roaming around looking for people to get my face smashed with but......not sure if I'm fit for the challenge.

After flying for almost 3 days trying to get into a fight....most of the time I counter targets taking off or hard to find around the plex's, not sure if I'm doing something wrong or WT Heck!!!! Got tired of roaming around so decided to take my eyes off the monitor for a few seconds and boom.....got tackled somehow....near a station...oh well...screw it!!! Kind of disappointed on the whole FW thing or maybe I'm doing that solo or doing something wrong. With that been said....I quit the federation and do what every other non sense pilots do......exploring, bout to fit a Astero or a weird looking flying hot dog Stratios and just go play Dora de Exploradora for a while....maybe I will find a defenseless noob explorer to pray on......

*snip* No 3rd Party killboards.*snip* ISD Max Trix

But anyways.....letting my tears out here for fellow pilots to collect and add to their little purse CryCryCry

Sorry I needed to vent.......I love EVE!!!!!!!

PS Pardon my English pluz!!!!!
Aaron Honk
Distributed Denial of Service
#2 - 2016-03-22 04:23:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron Honk
Queen Akima
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-03-22 04:26:26 UTC
Aaron Honk wrote:
I think you are trying to get into pvp with a ship that is too expensive for you, you should get experience losing 10 to 20 mil ships first... You'll get it after a while if you don't quit

I appreciate your advice....was thinking in doing so earlier....like with T1 frigates or something
Corvald Tyrska
Valknetra
#4 - 2016-03-22 04:36:54 UTC
If you're looking for PVP, another option at the moment is to hang around the Guristas sites in LowSec and wait for a hunter to come after you. It often doesn't take too long for someone to nosy around. You can either clear out the frigates and wait outside the acceleration gate or, if you are willing to take the gamble, fit a ship that can tank the thermal DPS and hang around with the cruisers inside.

You can try to hunt people down in the sites but you'll run into the same issue you'll find in Faction Warfare, i.e. most people in the sites are farming and will flee rather than fight.

If you do want to give Faction Warfare another go, find a system that belongs to your militia near enemy controlled systems and sit inside a friendly plex. The plex will show up on everyone's overview as soon as you enter it so it basically broadcasts to any neutrals in the system that someone is in there. Sitting in the friendly plex also lets you dictate range as you can sit on the beacon where they will warp in if in a brawler or sit far away if kiting. Keep spamming DSCAN at a range of around 1AU and you'll see when someone arrives and have plenty of time to warp off if they look like something you can't beat or there are too many of them. You'll also have the advantage of a friendly NPC to help dps the enemy (not that they do much but whore on killmails) and you can dictate, to a degree, what ships you will face by sticking to a plex size suitable for your ship.
Queen Akima
Doomheim
#5 - 2016-03-22 04:50:19 UTC
Corvald Tyrska wrote:
If you're looking for PVP, another option at the moment is to hang around the Guristas sites in LowSec and wait for a hunter to come after you. It often doesn't take too long for someone to nosy around. You can either clear out the frigates and wait outside the acceleration gate or, if you are willing to take the gamble, fit a ship that can tank the thermal DPS and hang around with the cruisers inside.

You can try to hunt people down in the sites but you'll run into the same issue you'll find in Faction Warfare, i.e. most people in the sites are farming and will flee rather than fight.

If you do want to give Faction Warfare another go, find a system that belongs to your militia near enemy controlled systems and sit inside a friendly plex. The plex will show up on everyone's overview as soon as you enter it so it basically broadcasts to any neutrals in the system that someone is in there. Sitting in the friendly plex also lets you dictate range as you can sit on the beacon where they will warp in if in a brawler or sit far away if kiting. Keep spamming DSCAN at a range of around 1AU and you'll see when someone arrives and have plenty of time to warp off if they look like something you can't beat or there are too many of them. You'll also have the advantage of a friendly NPC to help dps the enemy (not that they do much but whore on killmails) and you can dictate, to a degree, what ships you will face by sticking to a plex size suitable for your ship.

Never tough of that at all....sounds like a good plan. I might try that and see what happens, and yes I learned about DScan spamming.....helps a lot. Thanks for your kind words.
Zirashi
Cyclical Destruction
#6 - 2016-03-22 04:52:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Zirashi
Garmur. There's your problem.

Most people aren't looking to give you free kills and LP. Almost no one is going to take on a Garmur 1v1 in FW low sec and those that do will only do so in a ship of similar or higher caliber or if they think can somehow land on you at 0 (like that Comet). Especially not the T1 frigs you may or may not have attempting to prey on in novice plexes. The assumption is you are either linked, blinged, drugged, snaked, tackle for a gang, or any combinations of all of the above. Judging from the KM, you are, of course, guilty of at least one of those things. Fly cancer; be treated like cancer.

I'm not saying you MUST fight "fair," but don't act indignant when people refuse to play when they see all the chips are in your favor. At least try to put on a poker face. Trick them into thinking they can take you, then crush them.
Queen Akima
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-03-22 05:12:31 UTC
Zirashi wrote:

Most people aren't looking to give you free kills and LP. Almost no one is going to take on a Garmur 1v1 in FW low sec and those that do will only do so in a ship of similar or higher caliber or if they think can somehow land on you at 0 (like that Comet). Especially not the T1 frigs you may or may not have attempting to prey on in novice plexes. The assumption is you are either linked, blinged, drugged, snaked, tackle for a gang, or any combinations of all of the above. Judging from the KM, you are, of course, guilty of at least one of those things. Fly cancer; be treated like cancer.

I'm not saying you MUST fight "fair," but don't act indignant when people refuse to play when they see all the chips are in your favor. At least try to put on a poker face. Trick them into thinking they can take you, then crush them.

I will take this into consideration and thank you for the advice.... and yes I'm running implants with T2 weapons....I even tried to give a try vs an algos....harpy, coercer and something else that looked liked a flying turd (succubus)....but I like your idea of flying something they will think they can take down...
Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2016-03-22 05:18:13 UTC
all the FW targets i find are unfitted tech1 frigates who just orbit the thing all day for LP.

seems broken to me

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Queen Akima
Doomheim
#9 - 2016-03-22 05:57:11 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
all the FW targets i find are unfitted tech1 frigates who just orbit the thing all day for LP.

seems broken to me

I guess its the easiest way to farm LP and not loose a good fitted ship.....but what's the point on that? anyone can do so and get great stuff from the LP stores.....like you don't have to work for it.
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#10 - 2016-03-22 06:10:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Nat Silverguard
Queen Akima wrote:
Terminal Insanity wrote:

seems broken to me

I guess its the easiest way to farm LP and not loose a good fitted ship.....but what's the point on that? anyone can do so and get great stuff from the LP stores.....like you don't have to work for it.

have you been to tama? What?

to be honest with you, since Brave left CalMil and even before Brave joined them (after we capture the whole Gal/Cal warzone), CalMil are in a tilt...
so not much pewpew against them. GalMil has been fighting other lowsec entites/pirates for content instead.

so if you really want pewpew, join a CalMil player-owned corp.

Just Add Water

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#11 - 2016-03-22 06:31:14 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:

seems broken to me

you are a whiny liar. i don't see you killing any FW pilot from a player-owned corp. flying an unfitted t1 frig. you only killed 1 unfitted t1 alt from an NPC corp and you immediately generalized and concluded that FW is broken and that most of us are like that? wow.

your name checks out, better see a doctor/psychologist, oh wait, it's already terminal.

Just Add Water

Queen Akima
Doomheim
#12 - 2016-03-22 06:35:36 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
Terminal Insanity wrote:

seems broken to me

you are a whiny liar. i don't see you killing any FW pilot from a player-owned corp. flying an unfitted t1 frig. you only killed 1 unfitted t1 alt from an NPC corp and you immediately generalized and concluded that FW is broken and that most of us are like that? wow.

your name checks out, better see a doctor/psychologist, oh wait, it's already terminal.

No idea why you are been so angry about.....but to answer your question NO....I have not been there and never heard about you....and calling me a liar? not sure why that comes out into the subject but ok.....
Valkin Mordirc
#13 - 2016-03-22 06:36:23 UTC
Zirashi wrote:

You.

I like you.

+1
#DeleteTheWeak
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#14 - 2016-03-22 06:42:55 UTC
Queen Akima wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:
Terminal Insanity wrote:

seems broken to me

No idea why you are been so angry about.....but to answer your question NO....I have not been there and never heard about you....and calling me a liar? not sure why that comes out into the subject but ok.....

dude, my comment is NOT addressed to you, see who i qouted? Straight

Just Add Water

Queen Akima
Doomheim
#15 - 2016-03-22 06:48:17 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
Queen Akima wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:
Terminal Insanity wrote:

seems broken to me

dude, my comment is NOT addressed to you, see who i qouted? Straight

No he was saying farming LP you just can use an unfitted T1 Frig....i mean that's what i got from it and sorry about that
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#16 - 2016-03-22 06:51:07 UTC
Downgrade your ship a little while you're still learning the fine arts of Frigate PvP. You'd have been better served, and learned more, with 20 ISK10m Kestrels than that single, very blingy, Garmur.

Frigate PvP is a game of picking your fights and knowing what fights to take and what fights to avoid like the plague.

For example, if I'm in a Dramiel and I see a Hookbill at a site, I don't go in and engage. 99% of Hookbills are dual-web fit it seems and once they get a hold of me, I go pop.

If I see a Garmur in there, GAME ON! Once I get a scram on you, you're screwed. The question then comes down to: who's ship is faster and who pilots their ship better.

A word of caution: Sentinels are to be avoided, but you won't find them in a Novice site.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Queen Akima
Doomheim
#17 - 2016-03-22 07:40:47 UTC
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
Downgrade your ship a little while you're still learning the fine arts of Frigate PvP. You'd have been better served, and learned more, with 20 ISK10m Kestrels than that single, very blingy, Garmur.

Frigate PvP is a game of picking your fights and knowing what fights to take and what fights to avoid like the plague.

For example, if I'm in a Dramiel and I see a Hookbill at a site, I don't go in and engage. 99% of Hookbills are dual-web fit it seems and once they get a hold of me, I go pop.

If I see a Garmur in there, GAME ON! Once I get a scram on you, you're screwed. The question then comes down to: who's ship is faster and who pilots their ship better.

A word of caution: Sentinels are to be avoided, but you won't find them in a Novice site.

Will do.....have been doing some research on what to use and what to expect out of that ship....been learning a lot thru youtube and advice thru here...thanks so much appreciated and to everyone else
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2016-03-22 09:56:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Yang Aurilen
1. Buy Merlin
2. Make space shotgun
3. Make frogs cry

Alternatively, go to Kehjari and plex if you want to see "unfit" t1 frigs fly around.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#19 - 2016-03-22 12:07:30 UTC
FW and lowsec isn't as fun as null IMO and I'm not even talking about the blob or the big null battles. Check out Suitonia on YouTube. Plenty of interesting fights he gets in just a Kestrel which you've probably already got skills for and they're cheap.

@lunettelulu7

Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#20 - 2016-03-23 01:55:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Sustrai Aditua
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "solo" PvP-ers don't exist. I mean, sure one may show up and be one for real, but the likelihood is greater it's a bait ship with buddies nearby just waiting to pounce. The brave knights of EVE PvP are known for this tactic more than any other. Not surprisingly, you probably have been taken for one of these bait ships all along.
So...if you are out there on your gallant steed valiantly seeking honorable combat...remember:

The isn't Camelot. You're playing EVE Online.

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

12Next page