These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Gurista event is rather underwhelming.

Author
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-03-20 22:13:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Forum Toon
So you jump 20-30 jump to find empty gurista site.

then you warp in and start shooting ships which have no wrecks or loot.

only last ship drops anything at all.

then when you are close to finishing the site someone else warp in, ninja the only ship which drops loot and warps away.

In the event you actually managed to get the loot from my experience (3 times so far) it's exact same thing which worth maybe 15 million. not really worth the effort.

Other then that it was rather disappointing to see the community behavior during this event.

Mostly each site I've warped to and was occupied I was asked to leave, no one wanted to fleet up.
when someone jumped into my site which I've started alone.. again no one wanted to fleet up.

Even not chatting on local.. like weird drones floating around.

It's not like they tried to PVP against me or something pure ratting in the site and nothing.
it's really diminishing the mmo aspect.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#2 - 2016-03-20 22:18:24 UTC
Pretty much why I think any pve content worth doing shouldn't spawn in highsec. Also sounds like you have bad luck or looking for these in highly competitive areas like highsec. See them all the time in Delve.

@lunettelulu7

Forum Toon
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-03-20 22:22:07 UTC
It's kinda like some sort of L3 mission with exact same scenario or rats but no rewards. the bounty is "decent" but again why bother when one jump away you can pick L4 on station in private pocket on demand and earn double then that event site in half the time?

I thought maybe grouping up with other players doing those sites might spice up the usual experience but people usually stick for themselves.

Weirdest site moment was when single person in multibox used 3 rattlesnakes in the site.
Valkin Mordirc
#4 - 2016-03-20 22:31:14 UTC
If you want decent drops, do them in lowsec they have the best payout even though they a tad tougher. but it's a cake walk.
#DeleteTheWeak
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#5 - 2016-03-20 22:32:53 UTC
I take it you are doing them in highsec? Go to lowsec for the Gecko drops. Avoid faction warfare areas - check dotlan for some nice, quiet systems. Go in a reasonably cheap ship and profit. Avoid gatecamps on lowsec entry system (again, not FW space, check dotlan for recent kills).

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#6 - 2016-03-20 22:38:49 UTC
I did them in highsec, found some in a trade hub, ran them with no guests, did two more just outside a trade hub, no guests, jumped into one with a nestor running them, helped him out and asked if he could leave me some loot since he was obviously doing more DPS than I was, he left me some stuff in the can and made it blue....
Don't understand what your problem is in highsec, possibly it's you?
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-03-20 22:51:41 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
I did them in highsec, found some in a trade hub, ran them with no guests, did two more just outside a trade hub, no guests, jumped into one with a nestor running them, helped him out and asked if he could leave me some loot since he was obviously doing more DPS than I was, he left me some stuff in the can and made it blue....
Don't understand what your problem is in highsec, possibly it's you?

You obviously haven't met the farming gilas.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

alindak Kahoudi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2016-03-20 23:39:28 UTC  |  Edited by: alindak Kahoudi
Agree. CCP is getting cheaper and cheaper every time with the rewards. Have run 18 detention facilities in 0.0 and i’m yet to see one damn Gecko. (Let alone a skill estractor lol.) only the stupid TEBS, Bantam Skin (worth like 800k in Jita lol.) Quafe Zero (price dropping) and the marshal jacket. So yes, Very Underwhelming.
Corvald Tyrska
Valknetra
#9 - 2016-03-20 23:41:20 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
If you want decent drops, do them in lowsec they have the best payout even though they a tad tougher. but it's a cake walk.

Running them in a Hawk I found the Lowsec transport sites way easier than the Hisec detention sites. The rats use hybrids not missiles so you take virtually no damage at all due to speed/sig radius and resists and although there are more rats they have a way worse resist profile than in the detentions. I was applying twice the damage with fury scourge rockets to cruisers in the transport sites than the cruisers in the detention sites.

Also most people hunting in Lowsec can't be bothered trying to kill a cheap Assault Frigate in a site so you're mostly left alone whilst the hunters chase the Tengus.
pushdogg
relocation LLC.
#10 - 2016-03-21 00:29:38 UTC
I'm amassing quite the stack of geckos. I'm pretty sure I've seen a screen of a skill extractor drop. Quafe is always awesome(booster with no side effects), I fail to see where this is underwhelming.

Oh yeah and, the sites are easy....like low-sec sites in a jackdaw....easy.

Overall, I'm pretty stoked about the event.

Any problems with loot stealers is handily taken care of with a web and point, and looted geckos for extra awesome.
Aurelius Oshidashi
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2016-03-21 00:41:09 UTC
Because of this event I found and joined s Corp and made more ISK in a day than I ever did. So from the rookie perspective it wasn't underwhelming necessarily.
Prof Dr Haxxx
Peoples Liberation Army
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2016-03-21 02:02:40 UTC
Congratulations. You've stumbled upon what can be considered the current corporate business model for MMOs. More grind for less reward... making you pay for more time to accomplish less and less every day.

*claps*
Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#13 - 2016-03-21 02:15:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Sustrai Aditua
Funny how you can't plan events based on the subliminal understandings of a civilized world in an environment where you've decided the uncivilized shall flourish. When the world was dog eat dog for real, we didn't play much. We spent our time fighting for survival. This can be a game? Not bloody likely. But, someone thinks it can, so we have to play it out to see if that someone is correct. Why? 'Cause reinventing the wheel is our cultural pass time, that's why.

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#14 - 2016-03-21 03:21:09 UTC
self-entitled and whiney, what a wonderful person you are OP.

for your insignificant problem,have some balls and get out of hisec.

Just Add Water

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#15 - 2016-03-21 03:38:07 UTC
Sustrai Aditua wrote:
Funny how you can't plan events based on the subliminal understandings of a civilized world in an environment where you've decided the uncivilized shall flourish. When the world was dog eat dog for real, we didn't play much. We spent our time fighting for survival. This can be a game? Not bloody likely. But, someone thinks it can, so we have to play it out to see if that someone is correct. Why? 'Cause reinventing the wheel is our cultural pass time, that's why.

That's a weird sentiment from someone who plays EVE Online. If you want civilized, why play this game? It can never give you what you want. It's like being a member of some real life super 'green' advocacy group and spending your free time playing a game called "slaughterhouse online" being upset at all the animal killing going on in the game.
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#16 - 2016-03-21 05:53:46 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:

but low and null are boring ass places with nearly no one in them.

unless I'm traveling to FWville I can literally jump over 40-50 systems without seeing a single soul.
It's mmo I don't want to play alone without other players.
Corvald Tyrska
Valknetra
#17 - 2016-03-21 06:08:27 UTC
Forum Toon wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:

unless I'm traveling to FWville I can literally jump over 40-50 systems without seeing a single soul.

Try those 50 jumps with 100 plex in your cargo hold. It'll be far less boring. Also, on an unrelated note, what time do you normally jump through null and in what region Big smile?
Aplysia Vejun
Children of Agasul
#18 - 2016-03-21 07:58:22 UTC
I've done about 30 lowsec sites.
Loot: 1 gecko, some quafe and the usual junk.
The sites are really easy. Just sit there and wait until the drones killed all 18 cruisers...

I prefer ded sites: MUCH harder rats - i cant just sit there, and much better loot. You have to scan them though and there sometimes you cant find any. Like yesterday...
Forum Toon
Doomheim
#19 - 2016-03-21 07:59:50 UTC
Corvald Tyrska wrote:
Forum Toon wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:

Try those 50 jumps with 100 plex in your cargo hold. It'll be far less boring. Also, on an unrelated note, what time do you normally jump through null and in what region Big smile?

usually European timezone.
and all over eve space.

US timezone sees more players?
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-03-21 08:02:24 UTC
alindak Kahoudi wrote:
Agree. CCP is getting cheaper and cheaper every time with the rewards. Have run 18 detention facilities in 0.0 and i’m yet to see one damn Gecko. (Let alone a skill estractor lol.) only the stupid TEBS, Bantam Skin (worth like 800k in Jita lol.) Quafe Zero (price dropping) and the marshal jacket. So yes, Very Underwhelming.

i think the rewards are fine, one site we got 400mil worth of loot, and a few geckos, worm bpc's, aurum tokens etc etc

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

12Next page