These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EFT v2.35 - Citadel

Author
Erik Kalkoken
The Congregation
Same Great Taste
#2861 - 2016-03-12 10:59:28 UTC
Thanks for the prompt update. much appreciated!!! I could not play Eve without EFT :)
Crystalline Entity
Black Dragon PHP
Darwinism.
#2862 - 2016-03-12 13:42:07 UTC
Much love, thanks!
Bibosikus
Aliastra
#2863 - 2016-03-12 14:58:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Bibosikus
Daemun Khanid wrote:
Aetatis wrote:

maybe you guys should learn to use the little button on the bottom of the fitting-window in eft that says "booster/implants". there you can easily change implants without creating a mess in character-sheets? !!


Tell me again why I'd want implants assigned to individual fits when I have hundreds of fits to manage instead of 4-5 different character selections complete with implant sets? If assigning implants to ship fits is what I DON't like about PYFA then why would I do it that way in EFT?

If I have 8 different possible character/implant combinations and I have 4-5 fits for each ship thats 40 different fits for every ship. It means that every time I make a fit I need to save 8 different versions of each fit. One for each of the different character/implant combinations I may be using when I undock that ship. That or I have to modify the fit every time I want to see the effects of different implants swapping out 10 different implants/hardwires every time.

OR

I can have saved character/implant combos that never have to be changed or remade and I can apply their effects to any ship fit I want using a simple drop down menu...

hmmm

I'm not sure you really comprehended the posts you quoted.


/Edit nvm. Props to Grifffen for this update - you must have worked hard mate. Thank you!

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

The Intern
That Corp
#2864 - 2016-03-12 15:44:51 UTC
Aetatis wrote:
not sure if someone noticed already, but the capacitor batteries arent working as they should? when i fit one, the actual capacitor consumption decreases (only the numbers, the calculation on how long the capacitor lasts still seems to be correct).



confirming I've had this issue as well
Xedinski
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#2865 - 2016-03-12 15:52:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Xedinski
Granny Grandpa wrote:

EVE-Client:
First number is Optimal + Falloff
Second number is Optimal
Falloff = First - Second

EFT:
First number is Optimal
Second number is Falloff



After doing some triple checking and making sure my character is up to date inside the app, it seemed to have boiled down to a one rig difference in fits, as well as EFT rounding the optimal and falloff differently from Eve. *facepalm*

Fortunately I have not had issues with interpeting the ranges displayed in both programs. Lol
Jalon Kaladreel
Integritas
Unspoken Alliance.
#2866 - 2016-03-12 18:42:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Jalon Kaladreel
Feature request:
Would it be possible to make the main fitting UI show weapon tracking #'s instead of having to right click into a sub-UI every time I want to view it? Pretty common number need to view.

Extra credit: make it possible to optionally add a lookup-column in main fitting UI for any module paramter.
Ruby Stonefist
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2867 - 2016-03-14 18:31:19 UTC
So off I go to create some bastard new fit that should never be made, cause I want to test out the new cap battery changes and WTF is this? Moa that can't decide if it's cap stable or not.

So we start at the beginning with only an armor repairer and everything's good: Rep Only

But if we add a battery we see the problem: With cap battery

The cap battery causes the fit to show a lower total power consumption then the modules are listed as using. It appears that the modules are individually listing the correct amount, the fits incoming capacitor appears to be correct, and these correct amounts are being used to calculate the cap-stability but the amount shown for the fits total capacitor loss is reduced.

I assume this is related to the cap warfare resistance, where the fits listed cap-loss shown is what it would be if module activation costs were being resisted like a neut might be.
The Bigpuns
Touring New Eden
#2868 - 2016-03-15 13:44:44 UTC
Ruby Stonefist wrote:
So off I go to create some bastard new fit that should never be made, cause I want to test out the new cap battery changes and WTF is this? Moa that can't decide if it's cap stable or not.

So we start at the beginning with only an armor repairer and everything's good: Rep Only

But if we add a battery we see the problem: With cap battery

The cap battery causes the fit to show a lower total power consumption then the modules are listed as using. It appears that the modules are individually listing the correct amount, the fits incoming capacitor appears to be correct, and these correct amounts are being used to calculate the cap-stability but the amount shown for the fits total capacitor loss is reduced.

I assume this is related to the cap warfare resistance, where the fits listed cap-loss shown is what it would be if module activation costs were being resisted like a neut might be.


Well spotted.

Does the neut/nos resistance even need to be a feature in EFT? Does anyone actually create a fit with projected effects of various neuts/nos on them, just to see?
gr33nCO
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#2869 - 2016-03-15 15:39:19 UTC  |  Edited by: gr33nCO
Quote:

Does anyone actually create a fit with projected effects of various neuts/nos on them, just to see?


yes. and all that need to be done is change cap warfare resistance to apply only to projected effects, and not to local cap consumption.
Shariad
Rogue Meddlers
#2870 - 2016-03-15 17:31:19 UTC
I have noticed what I believe is a possible glitch in Version 2.34. I fit a Nemesis with t2 torps x 3 (polarized torp launchers), 2 target painters (phased scooped), a warp disruptor II, 2X Caldari Navy Ballistic Controls, a 1MN Y-S8 AB, a covert ops II cloak, A small Bay Loading Accelerator II, a Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II and a sisters probe launcher....fit requires an EE-601. Then in the cargohold I put 4 torp types (180 ea) CN Inferno, Inferno Rage, Inferno Javelin, Sisters Core Scanner Probes x8...ALL good to here.

Tried to add 8 Sisters Combat Scanner Probes, quantity window does not open, Error Message reads "Floating Point Division by zero." For grins, I tried other charges and they will load, but not the Sister's Combat scanners.

Love EFT!!! Thanks.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#2871 - 2016-03-16 04:03:31 UTC
Shariad wrote:
I have noticed what I believe is a possible glitch in Version 2.34. I fit a Nemesis with t2 torps x 3 (polarized torp launchers), 2 target painters (phased scooped), a warp disruptor II, 2X Caldari Navy Ballistic Controls, a 1MN Y-S8 AB, a covert ops II cloak, A small Bay Loading Accelerator II, a Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II and a sisters probe launcher....fit requires an EE-601. Then in the cargohold I put 4 torp types (180 ea) CN Inferno, Inferno Rage, Inferno Javelin, Sisters Core Scanner Probes x8...ALL good to here.

Tried to add 8 Sisters Combat Scanner Probes, quantity window does not open, Error Message reads "Floating Point Division by zero." For grins, I tried other charges and they will load, but not the Sister's Combat scanners.

Love EFT!!! Thanks.


Protip, posting the EFT format makes it easier for folks to check it. ;)
Jeal Tersen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2872 - 2016-03-16 11:44:08 UTC
I love you, Gripen!
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#2873 - 2016-03-16 23:57:20 UTC
When I fit a cap battery to a Stratios in EFT 2.34 it applies a different CPU amount than is listed for the battery:

.. ex: Medium Cap Battery II in the item list is 42 CPU, but is only using 31.5 CPU in the EFT fit. I tested this in game and it uses 42 CPU.


I'm not seeing the same problem with a Machariel in EFT -- is there something unique about the stratios?
Uppsy Daisy
Perkone
Caldari State
#2874 - 2016-03-17 20:07:49 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
When I fit a cap battery to a Stratios in EFT 2.34 it applies a different CPU amount than is listed for the battery:

.. ex: Medium Cap Battery II in the item list is 42 CPU, but is only using 31.5 CPU in the EFT fit. I tested this in game and it uses 42 CPU.


I'm not seeing the same problem with a Machariel in EFT -- is there something unique about the stratios?


The Energy Grid Upgrades skill lowers the CPU requirement of Cap Batteries.

Skill level V lower the CPU of a Medium Cap Battery from 42 t o 31.5

Work as designed.


I agree with others here though, the cap recharge rate is bugged in this release when you add a battery.
GothicNightmare
NECROM0NGERS
CONVERT OR DIE
#2875 - 2016-03-18 23:04:33 UTC
Anyone else getting a 'Bad Gateway' when they click the link?
Unable to download EFT because of it :(
Dani Gallar
Doomheim
#2876 - 2016-03-19 13:48:59 UTC
GothicNightmare wrote:
Anyone else getting a 'Bad Gateway' when they click the link?
Unable to download EFT because of it :(


The mirror link should work ... I just downloaded EFT version 2.34 with it.
Leutetant Ripley
Siala Corporation
#2877 - 2016-03-21 01:53:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Leutetant Ripley
junocloud.me = 'Bad Gateway'
h68383.srv7.test-hf.ru = blocked by Dr.Web as a common source of viruses

Thank you for your work Gripen.
Nerve Grallok
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2878 - 2016-03-21 13:43:43 UTC
I got the "bad gateway" error on the first link.
The second link got me the following message:

"This request is blocked by the Firewall Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: (Cloud Id: 6528564) MalUAgent.MIP (Trojan)"

I hope this info helps!
Dani Gallar
Doomheim
#2879 - 2016-03-21 17:24:56 UTC
Nerve Grallok wrote:
I got the "bad gateway" error on the first link.
The second link got me the following message:

"This request is blocked by the Firewall Gateway Anti-Virus Service. Name: (Cloud Id: 6528564) MalUAgent.MIP (Trojan)"

I hope this info helps!


Since I'm not the OP I won´t make guarantees but a quick google search makes me think this particular Trojan Name seems to be a quite common false-positive. My Firewall (Panda Antivirus 2016) which is usually quite restrictive when it comes to downloading stuff did not make prevent the download.

Again I won´t make any guarantees but I would be quite surprised if a long time trusted service suddenly turned out to be bogus.
Daniel Kemal
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2880 - 2016-03-21 17:56:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniel Kemal
Hello i got problem but couldnt understand anything , i can fit drones to rattlesnake , did anyone know something about this issue ?

Edit : Okay i fixed it :D didnt see bay button to click lel .