These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rule Revision

Author
Naj Panora
Shadow Broker Fleet
#1 - 2016-03-12 00:03:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Naj Panora
Was thinking today about the practice of miner bumping and thought a slight revision to the rule might be in order. Allow players to bump miners only if they are in a player run corp so the victims would have recourse against the bumper. There really shouldn't be any activity in Eve that doesn't have counter play and a character in an NPC corp bumping ships is just that an aggressive activity that has no counter play.

Sorry if this is the wrong place feel free to move it if it is.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#2 - 2016-03-12 01:00:07 UTC
Or you could just purchase a mining permit as it is required by the Code in New Order territory (Highsec). After all they are only 10mil ISK and valid for a full year!
Naj Panora
Shadow Broker Fleet
#3 - 2016-03-12 01:09:03 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Or you could just purchase a mining permit as it is required by the Code in New Order territory (Highsec). After all they are only 10mil ISK and valid for a full year!

Doesn't look like this has anything to do with you seeing as you are in a player corp but thanks for stopping by.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#4 - 2016-03-12 01:14:59 UTC
There are counter plays, but nothing too easy/guaranteed.

Keep moving rather than being afk, put a prop mod on a skiff or hide amongst the rocks such that there is no clear path for the bumper to get a run up. Ive never had trouble with bumpers except when i was afk.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2016-03-12 01:49:59 UTC
Sure, but only if you also require that anyone mining outside of a newbie starter system is also in a player corp.
Naj Panora
Shadow Broker Fleet
#6 - 2016-03-12 01:58:45 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Sure, but only if you also require that anyone mining outside of a newbie starter system is also in a player corp.

It's easy to gank barges as is and a barge isn't committing an aggressive action against you.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#7 - 2016-03-12 02:01:14 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

It's easy to gank barges as is and a barge isn't committing an aggressive action against you.

Why don't you gank the bumper then?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2016-03-12 02:04:50 UTC
Stick a prop mod on your barge.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#9 - 2016-03-12 03:40:58 UTC
so if i were to come bump you would you wardec me?
Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#10 - 2016-03-12 04:01:21 UTC
There is plenty of counter play. Higgs Anchor, orbit some rocks to keep moving, hide in the rocks so that the bumper can't get a clear line to you, dock up when a bumper comes in system, go where there are no bumpers, and lastly leave highsec. There are probably more things you could do that I and others haven't mentioned.

Making more arbitrary space magic rules is never a good fix to any problem.
Iain Cariaba
#11 - 2016-03-12 06:02:38 UTC
Kyra Lee wrote:
There is plenty of counter play. Higgs Anchor, orbit some rocks to keep moving, hide in the rocks so that the bumper can't get a clear line to you, dock up when a bumper comes in system, go where there are no bumpers, and lastly leave highsec. There are probably more things you could do that I and others haven't mentioned.

Making more arbitrary space magic rules is never a good fix to any problem.

You're forgetting the most useful counter. If you simply ******* pay attention to the game, you don't have to worry about bumpers and gankers.

Regardless, redundant thread being redundant and all, reported for redundancy.
Black Pedro
Mine.
#12 - 2016-03-12 06:23:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Black Pedro
Naj Panora wrote:
Was thinking today about the practice of miner bumping and thought a slight revision to the rule might be in order. Allow players to bump miners only if they are in a player run corp so miners would have recourse against the bumper. There really shouldn't be any activity in Eve that doesn't have counter play and a character in an NPC corp bumping ships is just that an aggressive activity that has no counter play.

Sorry if this is the wrong place feel free to move it if it is.
Fozzie already gave you that counter play when he buffed the speed and agility of the Procurer and the Skiff. If fit with a prop mod and moving they are highly resistant to bumping. Just orbit something.

Otherwise, just gank them as was said above. CONCORD is not there to protect them, but rather just to add a cost to aggression. Depending what ships they are using and what you gank with, you might even find it cheaper than a wardec.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2016-03-12 11:05:02 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

They're my industrial competition, but I can't do anything about them while they hide in NPC corps.

Nerf NPC corp mining alts.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#14 - 2016-03-12 21:46:48 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Naj Panora wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

They're my industrial competition, but I can't do anything about them while they hide in NPC corps.

Nerf NPC corp mining alts.

This I'm done with the one man mining fleets clearing ice belts in 10 minutes at least let me Dec them so I can kill their freighter
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#15 - 2016-03-12 22:27:57 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:
There really shouldn't be any activity in Eve that doesn't have counter play

Excellent, then bumping doesn't need any changes. Also, one more nerf, amirite?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#16 - 2016-03-13 12:29:44 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:

The barges are ******* raping the asteroid belts, causing wanton environmental destruction. I'd call that a pretty ******* aggressive action, you monster!

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log