These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Announcement: Vitoc Stuffing Tower Operational

Author
Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Doomheim
#61 - 2016-03-12 03:27:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Veikitamo Gesakaarin
Honestly if I blew something up and found 50,000 slaves in it I'd probably trash them too. The logistical effort required in having to move them just to turn a profit isn't worth it compared to modules which have a higher ISK/m3.

Slaves go for what... 300ISK per unit these days? So you'd need to run a freighter just for 15 mil ISK. Yeah, not worth it.

Kurilaivonen|Concern

Maria Daphiti
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#62 - 2016-03-12 13:31:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Maria Daphiti
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
@Aldrith

Why would we? We have about two dozen combat pilots active across all timezones, rarely passing a dozen at any one time. Currently besieged by several far larger 24thIC entities, although unsuccessfully so, and without all of Providence to call on. Onzo and his people, not even counting PIE, SFRIM etc, can easily call upon numbers orders of magnitude larger than ours.

We have to fight what we can fight, and Did he say Jump, Provibloc or such fleets are outside of that scope. Since people almost immediately made the tower's location public, it was rightly dismissed as "none of our business" from that point on.

More importantly, "righting his wrongs" is most certainly not our responsibility. We didn't spawn that clown.

"We'll come for our people?"*

*DISCLAIMER. Well, not in all cases. Or even in most cases. It could be hard, time-consuming, annoying, difficult, we have tea scheduled, we're busy losing the warzone, we decide to give this "holder "a pass, who said we wanted ALL our people back, etc?
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#63 - 2016-03-12 14:13:32 UTC
Maria Daphiti wrote:

"We'll come for our people?"*

*DISCLAIMER. Well, not in all cases. Or even in most cases. It could be hard, time-consuming, annoying, difficult, we have tea scheduled, we're busy losing the warzone, we decide to give this "holder "a pass, who said we wanted ALL our people back, etc?

There's a very big difference between coming for our people and suicide for a crew, or putting them in a similar (though admittedly more humane) fate. We didn't find this tower, quite obviously any actions we take are going to be surrounded by other people with a thing for seeing our own in slavery. Even if we as capsuleers trust that a similar fate won't happen to our crews, explain that to them.

In the end these towers are generally set up in YOUR empires space. You want us to not invade your sovergn space with " terrorist" actions, he's your problem right? The people your saving aren't even being treated as such once they're well. Back to slavery they go right? If we tried to take them back to the republic (if we were even allowed in the AO, unlike miz I believe and myself when we've offered) we would more than likely be shot by a much superior number then we could realistically get on the field.
Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#64 - 2016-03-12 16:16:51 UTC
Either way the tower was destroyed. thread over.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#65 - 2016-03-12 16:31:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Aria Jenneth
Ms. Vess?

You're certainly correct that diplomatic relations around one of these things can get thorny. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but maybe there are other factors that make it so. You're certainly correct that disposition of Nauplius's prisoners is likely to be an issue (as it turns out, not all are returned to slavery, though many are); maybe something could be worked out, though.

At the very least, it's not like the Amarr are going to turn up to defend one of Nauplius's towers.

That said, respectfully, and understanding fully how central these issues are to you: the primary reason the Society, or the Amarr generally, reliably move against Nauplius is a sense of disgust and outrage over the way that he treats the people in his care. You and the Amarr do not differ over whether these slaves are people or whether they should be treated like people; only on what rights and duties "people" have.

Concededly, Nauplius is a rogue Amarrian operating in Amarrian space and under an Amarrian flag. He's also declared genocidal intentions against your people, and he consistently sets these things up for no purpose but to make large numbers of your people suffer as much as possible before they die.

He's maybe a distraction, but he's a charismatic one, and do you and Miz really think he wouldn't be perfectly happy to sit back in his tower, murder people by the tens of thousands, and crow about how nobody's doing anything to stop him?

Miz draws a more or less straight line between Nauplius and certain Holders (maybe all of them), but, even if that's fair, Nauplius is an outlier, an easy target, whereas the practice of slavery in the Empire, morally equivalent or not, is not going to be ended in a single successful op-- or in a thousand, most likely.

In the meantime, the Amarr are saying, "What we do and what he does are not at all the same thing, and we'll put our resources and our people's lives on the line to prove it." Even if you really agree with Miz, you're basically letting them farm him for good PR.

... is what I'd like to be able to say, but the risks are real. The Society lost a dreadnought, this time.

Viewed coldly, that might actually strengthen the message. Viewed less coldly ... a lot of our (the Society's) people just died, trying to rescue yours.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#66 - 2016-03-12 16:54:35 UTC
Do I? Hmm. Apparently I do a lot of things I'm not aware of. The line I draw is one of descent. This particular clown's ideologies and views grew from Imperial soil and faith, no matter which way his branches grow. When his victims are returned to slavery, the difference is minimal in every way that truly matter to an individual's spirit, potential and freedom. The soil remains tainted and blighted, whether it's under the clown's shadow or the Empire's.

I might also be able to provide combat logs of your forces engaging ours when we did show interest in taking down one of his bubblesticks. Long story short, for all intents and purposes that tower was defended by Amarr forces.

As for what I believe... well, matters such as these can be handled without public announcements of strategic or tactical information, inviting in third parties and other problems to turn the inevitable charlie foxtrots even worse. The IGS and Summit are frankly rather poor venues for coordination and dissemination of intel.

For that matter, let's not start pretending there isn't a significant difference between 'rescue' and 'recapture', Jenneth.
Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#67 - 2016-03-12 17:09:55 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Do I? Hmm. Apparently I do a lot of things I'm not aware of. The line I draw is one of descent. This particular clown's ideologies and views grew from Imperial soil and faith, no matter which way his branches grow. When his victims are returned to slavery, the difference is minimal in every way that truly matter to an individual's spirit, potential and freedom. The soil remains tainted and blighted, whether it's under the clown's shadow or the Empire's.

I might also be able to provide combat logs of your forces engaging ours when we did show interest in taking down one of his bubblesticks. Long story short, for all intents and purposes that tower was defended by Amarr forces.

As for what I believe... well, matters such as these can be handled without public announcements of strategic or tactical information, inviting in third parties and other problems to turn the inevitable charlie foxtrots even worse. The IGS and Summit are frankly rather poor venues for coordination and dissemination of intel.

For that matter, let's not start pretending there isn't a significant difference between 'rescue' and 'recapture', Jenneth.

Well when your faction agrees on everything 100% of the time you can expect us too as well.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#68 - 2016-03-12 17:11:45 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Ms. Vess?

You're certainly correct that diplomatic relations around one of these things can get thorny. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but maybe there are other factors that make it so. You're certainly correct that disposition of Nauplius's prisoners is likely to be an issue (as it turns out, not all are returned to slavery, though many are); maybe something could be worked out, though.

At the very least, it's not like the Amarr are going to turn up to defend one of Nauplius's towers.

That said, respectfully, and understanding fully how central these issues are to you: the primary reason the Society, or the Amarr generally, reliably move against Nauplius is a sense of disgust and outrage over the way that he treats the people in his care. You and the Amarr do not differ over whether these slaves are people or whether they should be treated like people; only on what rights and duties "people" have.

Concededly, Nauplius is a rogue Amarrian operating in Amarrian space and under an Amarrian flag. He's also declared genocidal intentions against your people, and he consistently sets these things up for no purpose but to make large numbers of your people suffer as much as possible before they die.

He's maybe a distraction, but he's a charismatic one, and do you and Miz really think he wouldn't be perfectly happy to sit back in his tower, murder people by the tens of thousands, and crow about how nobody's doing anything to stop him?

Miz draws a more or less straight line between Nauplius and certain Holders (maybe all of them), but, even if that's fair, Nauplius is an outlier, an easy target, whereas the practice of slavery in the Empire, morally equivalent or not, is not going to be ended in a single successful op-- or in a thousand, most likely.

In the meantime, the Amarr are saying, "What we do and what he does are not at all the same thing, and we'll put our resources and our people's lives on the line to prove it." Even if you really agree with Miz, you're basically letting them farm him for good PR.

... is what I'd like to be able to say, but the risks are real. The Society lost a dreadnought, this time.

Viewed coldly, that might actually strengthen the message. Viewed less coldly ... a lot of our (the Society's) people just died, trying to rescue yours.

Well, to start I'm sorry for those you lost. Whether it was in vein or not is up for your Amarrian peers to decide, personally I don't feel it was. Remember that whether we appear there and assist in freeing them or not is rather irrelevant. If we do, very little will change, with or without diplomacy involved. In the end It's not our backyard, it's yours. Even under some miracle that those there who oppose us having any say in these affairs were to allow us to take full reign we would still have to travel a full warzone to return them home. Maybe your own corp would support an endeveor but, would pie defend them? Or atleast tell the 24ic to back off? Of course not. It would be the same if it was TRIAD and pie flying through our space. It flat out wouldn't happen. Unfortunately from the looks of it the tried and true methods of doing raids and other terror actions would be more fruitful. Call it pessimistic if you will, I call it realistic. Is it some PR gold mine for them? Absolutely, just in the same way its a cestpool for our PR. Playing ball doesn't work when the ball never leaves the other side's court.

Nauplius is a rogue Amarrian. Yes we share that same disgust for him as you do. Instead of seeking others who are more than willing to put him down you wag a finger with one hand and point a gun with the other. If I need to prove that to any of you I'll fly a machriel or my archon to his next tower to be bashed and show you what happens to enemies with common goals. Garrantee I won't get a shot off on the tower before I'm either shot at myself or forced off. Better yet I'll bring a guardian and no drones. Fate will probably be the same
Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#69 - 2016-03-12 17:59:54 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:

Perhaps. The way it's previously come out is:

Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Giving them back to slavery isn't particularly short of slowly being tortured to death.

That might be hyperbole. I kind of hope it is.

(Does an honest person really get to engage in exaggeration?)

Quote:

I think you're the one pretending, Miz-- that there's no ambiguity in this.

Which word applies, and how, probably depends on whom you ask. If we asked Miri, I kind of suspect she doesn't even view it ambiguously: we rescued her. If we asked Chaduk, I think his opinion probably shifted over time (though the real shift might have been from "doesn't matter" to "recaptured").

If we asked the people who died ... I guess, "Too little, too late."

As for the survivors ... it's not something I think of without mixed feelings, either. It's been a little while since anyone's told me I'd be better off as a slave. That might be the company I'm keeping. I'm aware that a lot probably think it.

Here's the crux of it, though, Miz. I sympathize some with your view of slavery, and I do think the Matari critique of the Amarr has teeth to it, but I don't regret helping the people we've helped. I accept certain terms, working with the Society, and working within Imperial law is one of those. Maybe that leads to an outcome I'm not wholly comfortable with, but at least I do get to meet, work with, and help these people.

If I sided with you ... I wouldn't.

If you want to think of me as an evil or naive person, that's okay. I'll accept that sort of critique from you. Great powers and civilizations are fascinating; I love watching the interplay between them develop. But, really, when you make a moral argument for one over another, what you're really saying is, "My culture's better than yours."

That doesn't seem especially obvious to me. If you can't rally support to take on a Nauplius, if you feel you can lay the onus for countering him on people you know won't handle it in a way that satisfies you, if you can say that you come for your people while leaving the rescue of the worst-off among them in the hands of the very enemies you mean to save them from ...

... does that really say to you that yours is the worthier culture?

Four thousand years, Miz. That's how old the Empire is. I don't like everything it does, or what it might mean for me and people like me. But I can't deny the accomplishment ... or that they seem to actually act on what they claim to believe.

I remember you saying you think the Empire's stagnant, ailing, ready to fall. I see none of that. While I don't precisely see the Empire as ready to sweep over the cluster, conquering all in its path (as some might wish), it keeps shouldering its burdens and carrying on, stable, solid, and nearly tireless.

And as long as you're letting the Amarr do pretty much all the rescuing of your people from what are, let's be direct about this, death camps, I don't think the claim that they are the ones who are weak and corrupt is credible.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#70 - 2016-03-12 18:41:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Mizhara Del'thul
You do tend to exaggerate what I say quite a bit. Stagnant and a blight does not translate to "about to fall over and die". A difference between rescue and recapture does not translate to "no ambiguity". For someone so interested in ambiguity and such, you tend to completely ignore any nuances in what is said by others.

It is a little odd to see "they have more numbers and are older" as some sort of justification for siding with one side or another. If getting the numbers to operate with less constriction is what matters, I'd expect to see you in the goons' loving embrace. If the numbers of CVA and SFRIM are somehow indicative of a superior culture, because U'K operate with less, I really struggle to see your reasoning. Don't equivocate the numbers of a capsuleer alliance that is barely connected at all with the Matari culture or people with the culture and the people, and I'll extend the same courtesy in return. Otherwise, there's a whole lot of very unflattering things I can say about the Empire's culture based on... say PIE's combat activity and numbers.

If capsuleer alliances and corporations are somehow representative of the nations and cultures, then apparently the mightiest cultures and societies in New Eden are that of psychopaths and sociopaths with no allegiance or loyalty to anything but themselves. Probably not your best work of logic that.

Providence has burned quite a few times, but I don't start judging the Empire as a result. I do that entirely on the Empire's own merits.

Still, the simple fact of it is that there aren't enough Matari loyalists among eggers to really do much when it comes to things like this. It's unfortunate of course, but it is simply how it is. Why? Well, because people like you go "Oh I sympathize, but you know, these moral and ethical issues are so inconvenient when these other guys have bigger parties.".

Seriously though, equivocating capsuleer entity memberlists with the merits of the cultures they're loyal to? That is very surprisingly ridiculous, coming from you. I could expect it from lesser minds, but not you. Is DnG perhaps the greatest representative of Empire culture then?
Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#71 - 2016-03-12 20:01:42 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:

Seriously though, equivocating capsuleer entity memberlists with the merits of the cultures they're loyal to? That is very surprisingly ridiculous, coming from you. I could expect it from lesser minds, but not you. Is DnG perhaps the greatest representative of Empire culture then?

Well played.

Sinti Vailatti
Angelis Exploration
#72 - 2016-03-12 21:18:16 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
Vitoc.....ramble ramble...Amen. Amarr Victor.

Anyone notice how he ends these rants with "Amarr Victor" and is then surprised when Amarr Victors him in the butt?

You need a new M.O. Naup.

“Where must we go...we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?”

Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#73 - 2016-03-12 21:21:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Aria Jenneth
Miz, I'm tired, so I'll keep this brief.

You've said in the past that you have "bigger fish to fry." That means you're prioritizing the Empire over Nauplius.

You do have pilots to take on the Empire, obviously, that's true. It sounds, though, like you don't have pilots for Nauplius even if you wanted to confront him (and maybe you really do?).

That, in turn, implies that you're having some luck acquiring mercenaries (like me, arguably), but ... not so much at maintaining people who are really loyal. Or even who care very much about coming for your people, including the ones in the most desperate need.

That's ... really pretty unfortunate.

My point wasn't so much "we strong, you weak, therefore we right, bwahahaha," as this:

The Empire still commands the loyalty of a sizable contingent of capsuleers who are willing and able to go and do stuff like this. That says a few things about social cohesion, among other things. They're "free," and they're doing this anyway. As social indicators go ... that seems like a pretty good sign.

It seems like cobbling together Matari pilots to take on Nauplius should be an achievable thing. Is it really not?
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#74 - 2016-03-12 22:30:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Utari Onzo
I'm not going to get embroiled in the debate currently ongoing as I'm obviously going to be accused of bias and bend more then a few noses out of shape on both sides, but one thing I do want to clarify. The tower location was disclosed by someone not part of our operation to seige it. I made no posts on what we were going to do, and ensured a complete IGS silence on the matter from involved parties.

In the future, I'd like pilots who discover the tower's location to not blast it openly with trumpets here, but instead privately communicate with forces that can deal with it. Whether that be CVA, PIE, U'K, Black Eagles, whoever, so long as these ******* towers die and the victims get the attention they need.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#75 - 2016-03-12 23:35:48 UTC
Again you seem to take what I say in the worst possible way. The majority of capsuleers are amoral psychopaths. This is pretty much indisputable. This is not a statement about the Empire, the State, the Federation or the Tribes. It's about capsuleers. The Empire is a very friendly place for people without moral compunctions about issues like slavery, breeding facilities, reclaiming by force and other such... 'features' of the Empire.

I am accusing capsuleers adhering to the Empire's ways of either lacking or ignoring some very basic ethics and morality. You have seen me praise the Empire's good sides before, and you should know by now that my list of grievances with the Empire can be boiled down to very few points. They're just sticking points.

But of course, when things become hard to argue against or uncomfortable to face, it's easier to dismiss the person saying it, isn't it? Again, I expected more from you than that trite old fallback position. Still, if it makes you critique and consider my remarks more carefully, all the better. I've never asked anyone to take anything I say on blind faith. That's closer to the opposite of how it should work.

Quote:
I was more referring to the proxy war, which itself involves large number of pilots. That they can't be mustered for something like Nauplius is ... a little sad.

How many DnG or 24thIC pilots came along for your fleets? The participants of the proxy wars have never counted more than a tiny fraction of loyalists, drowning in a sea of opportunists, profit mongers and simple warmongers. You can ask Onzo there how many of CVA's numbers are actual Empire loyalists and how many are just there for the profits and area of space.

Even if we could focus all of the TLF into one force, a feat of nailing smoke to the wall that I'd pay any entertainer to perform, then a piddly little tower with barely a few thousand people in it would probably not be the best target for such a hammer. Then there'd definitely be bigger nuts to crack, yielding a whole lot more benefit for a whole lot more people, short and long-term. His tower would probably be an afterthought swept up in the process.

Of course, this is not likely to happen and it'd pretty much shut me out of it in the process, as I don't fly with blooders, sansha, angels etc. Too many of these creatures infesting the proxy war already.
Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#76 - 2016-03-13 00:23:58 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Again you seem to take what I say in the worst possible way. The majority of capsuleers are amoral psychopaths. This is pretty much indisputable. This is not a statement about the Empire, the State, the Federation or the Tribes. It's about capsuleers. The Empire is a very friendly place for people without moral compunctions about issues like slavery, breeding facilities, reclaiming by force and other such... 'features' of the Empire.

I am accusing capsuleers adhering to the Empire's ways of either lacking or ignoring some very basic ethics and morality. You have seen me praise the Empire's good sides before, and you should know by now that my list of grievances with the Empire can be boiled down to very few points. They're just sticking points.

Emphasis mine.

Second point-- that's true, I have. It was heartening to see.

First point-- even if that's true, the conditions you describe don't really attract the sorts of people who come along on these ops. It more attracts the sort of people who disrupt them.

First-and-a-half point (bolded)-- I'll address that below.

Quote:
But of course, when things become hard to argue against or uncomfortable to face, it's easier to dismiss the person saying it, isn't it? Again, I expected more from you than that trite old fallback position. Still, if it makes you critique and consider my remarks more carefully, all the better. I've never asked anyone to take anything I say on blind faith. That's closer to the opposite of how it should work.

It's not really a fallback position or ad hominem; it's more of a changing assessment formed partly out of frustration.

Do you get how exhausting you are to talk to, Miz?

Let me reverse my earlier observations a little. Let's say that you're wholly honest, and really say exactly what you think all the time. What, then, am I to make of this?

Quote:
I am accusing capsuleers adhering to the Empire's ways of either lacking or ignoring some very basic ethics and morality.

Let's assume that you're talking purely about slavery and the Reclaiming, issues you've cited before. Slavery is practiced by most outer powers, and one of the four inner ones; it's not exactly a unique aberration. The Reclaiming is an imperialist (funny) desire to spread a particular belief, with trimmings, across the cluster; that's not exactly unique, either-- actually, as you've noted yourself, the Federation, the other alleged paragon of objective truth and justice in the cluster, also gets up to it.

It looks like either ethics and morality is surprisingly hard to come by or really easy to ignore. Since the root of moral development in human beings arises from an instinctive level (the part of your brain that screams "NO" when someone proposes killing a baby is a portion we share with apes), this suggests that there's something else going on.

For example: those ethics and morals you're proposing are far from basic.

... which you're definitely clever enough to know full well, and this isn't even the first time we've discussed it. So, it begins to seem that, if you're honest, you're so wrapped up in your own point of view that you can't see past it at all.

Maybe this is frustration talking, Miz, but ... I don't feel like you try to see the world from other people's points of view. That would explain why you think of "honesty" as such a virtuous thing, if other people's feelings and perceptions aren't meaningful. It doesn't seem like you think of those perspectives as valuable, much less valid.

... increasingly, it seems like that applies to me, too.

So, maybe you really do believe everything you say. I'm not sure that's for the best, if it's true. I feel like you think a lot of yourself, and not much of others.

You're a clever person, but that can be a problem. Are you really trying to trick me? ... maybe not. But clever people can mess with themselves pretty badly, too.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#77 - 2016-03-13 00:58:46 UTC
They are very basic, from a modern civilized human being's point of view. "Most outer powers" are considered barbaric or uncivilized criminals worthy of being shot on sight and hardly something to aspire to when it comes to ethics and morality, are they? More importantly, the Empire becomes my target when it comes to these things because of several reasons:

1. Affected me personally.
2. Still holds a humongous chunk of my people.
3. Is an actual on-going threat to my people and my Tribes.
4. Actively attempts to spread this across New Eden by force and indoctrination.

These other criminal elements are hardly in a position to be actual threats on any comparable scale, even if they fall just as short on the basic ethics and morality. As for ethics and morality being easy to ignore, well yes. It's pretty much non-existent amongst capsuleers, as I've already mentioned.

As for seeing the world from other people's point of view... I have, actually. That's why I am this staunch. I've looked at things from the Tribes' viewpoint, I've meditated on the State's hyper-capitalism and other features, and studied the flaws and merits of democracy and so on. I've lived the Amarr point of view, and considered it very carefully more than once.

That is why I allow myself to be firm on these matters. I came to my viewpoints through a lot of consideration and thought, and discussion and debate. When people then try to defend championing the way the Empire causes untold suffering and harm to my people, and then even tries to claim it's morally and ethically justfifiable... why should I care about their feelings?

Why should I cajole and entertain these attempts at justifying these crimes against my people, especially from someone who has never known these crimes themselves?

When you side with those who are quite demonstrably the greatest cause of suffering and death among my people, the ones who ended the longest period of peace known to New Eden, you're not exactly someone I should be expected to offer pretend niceties to. I don't see how this should be so confusing to you, even though you are now submerged in a culture of falsehoods and pretense.
Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#78 - 2016-03-13 02:22:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Aldrith Shutaq
All I hear from Mizhara are rationalizations and excuses. Just admit you have neither the strength of arms nor the moral courage to stand up to the Butcher and be done with it.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#79 - 2016-03-13 05:40:04 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
They are very basic, from a modern civilized human being's point of view. "Most outer powers" are considered barbaric or uncivilized criminals worthy of being shot on sight and hardly something to aspire to when it comes to ethics and morality, are they? More importantly, the Empire becomes my target when it comes to these things because of several reasons:

1. Affected me personally.
2. Still holds a humongous chunk of my people.
3. Is an actual on-going threat to my people and my Tribes.
4. Actively attempts to spread this across New Eden by force and indoctrination.

These other criminal elements are hardly in a position to be actual threats on any comparable scale, even if they fall just as short on the basic ethics and morality. As for ethics and morality being easy to ignore, well yes. It's pretty much non-existent amongst capsuleers, as I've already mentioned.

As for seeing the world from other people's point of view... I have, actually. That's why I am this staunch. I've looked at things from the Tribes' viewpoint, I've meditated on the State's hyper-capitalism and other features, and studied the flaws and merits of democracy and so on. I've lived the Amarr point of view, and considered it very carefully more than once.

That is why I allow myself to be firm on these matters. I came to my viewpoints through a lot of consideration and thought, and discussion and debate. When people then try to defend championing the way the Empire causes untold suffering and harm to my people, and then even tries to claim it's morally and ethically justfifiable... why should I care about their feelings?

Why should I cajole and entertain these attempts at justifying these crimes against my people, especially from someone who has never known these crimes themselves?

When you side with those who are quite demonstrably the greatest cause of suffering and death among my people, the ones who ended the longest period of peace known to New Eden, you're not exactly someone I should be expected to offer pretend niceties to. I don't see how this should be so confusing to you, even though you are now submerged in a culture of falsehoods and pretense.

Thank you, Miz. I appreciate you clarifying this for me.

I will remember it.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#80 - 2016-03-13 06:19:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Deitra Vess
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
All I hear from Mizhara are rationalizations and excuses. Just admit you have neither the strength of arms nor the moral courage to stand up to the Butcher and be done with it.

So this time, now that hash doesn't even exist anymore and they are all out in syndicate are you going to turn away my offer to help destroying his tower? Or is the PR stunt too big to pass up? No excuses anymore...... I'm not even in the militia and if I am, I'll drop out...