These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

PIRAT becoming a scam service

Author
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#21 - 2016-02-15 14:23:31 UTC
Sad to hear PIRAT has gone down the tubes.

They used to be hella evil, as befits Mad Drunken Russians.

I am the sads.

Sad

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Bizare buyer
Doomheim
#22 - 2016-02-16 11:21:15 UTC
I think your main mistake is assuming PIRAT would engage anything that can fight back
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#23 - 2016-02-16 14:46:26 UTC
I can confirm from experience PIRAT at least once brought fights that no other outfit would take. I can't confirm the size of their balls now but tell you what watch this spot and I'll let you know

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Xorphix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2016-02-16 15:40:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Xorphix
PIRAT do what they want. They always have. Cool
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#25 - 2016-02-16 16:16:10 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Jerry T Pepridge wrote:
whos boycott?

BOYCOTT

*pinches nose*

Boycott
Crystalline Entity
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#26 - 2016-02-17 11:30:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Crystalline Entity
It's pretty well known that highsec wardeccers all kinda follow the same MO:

1. They don't wardec each other (generally)
2. They sit in trade hubs or very very active pipe systems and camp there
3. Wardec people because they are bored and if you message them they claim "an anonymous person paid us to wardec you"

The rest of EVE responds by:

1. Using neutral logistics
2. Avoiding trade hubs with decced characters
3. There is always one twerp who goes to a trade hub in something shiney and diesLol
4. That twerp is ridiculed by his corp/alliance mates
5. The war passes by pretty uneventfully

Disclaimer: In my time in EVE I have been decced only once by a competent wardeccing group which smashed our POS in lowsec and roamed around generally being rather good. Never seen the large "merc" groups outside of trade hubs or pipe systems.

I am sure there are many small gang/roaming/competent non-trade hub campers out there but I have yet to have the pleasure of being decced by any of them (aside from the group alluded to above).

Don't read "salt" into this, just how EVE is..
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#27 - 2016-02-17 12:56:38 UTC
Crystalline Entity wrote:

3. Wardec people because they are bored and if you message them they claim "an anonymous person paid us to wardec you"

3. There is always one twerp who goes to a trade hub in something shiney and diesLol

Disclaimer: In my time in EVE I have been decced only once by a competent wardeccing group which smashed our POS in lowsec and roamed around generally being rather good. Never seen the large "merc" groups outside of trade hubs or pipe systems.

I am sure there are many small gang/roaming/competent non-trade hub campers out there but I have yet to have the pleasure of being decced by any of them (aside from the group alluded to above).

I hate camping, the hunting part is always more rewarding :)

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Ro Fenrios
Armilies Corporation
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#28 - 2016-02-17 13:10:43 UTC
( J-_-)J PIRAT.. Y U Dec us... For 17th time???
Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#29 - 2016-02-21 05:35:16 UTC

Inexperience is a powerful teacher? Seems to have worked for you.

I would love to know what you call good regarding pvp? I agree most of Eve's pvp community is really just flying a common build, clicking "orbit at 500", and turning all the modules on.

The elite like to then click "overheat."

However, there is a small slice of the community who understands game mechanics, maneuver, and basic strategy. Those are the ones who are good, IMO. In my experience, most played in high a few years ago. The low sec community may have equal per-capita representation in this group, but there just aren't (or weren't, I honestly haven't played much since they killed flipping) that many down there. Perhaps there are more now.

I have never met a truly competent pvp'er from null, though I've heard they exist. There just isn't much framework to learn damage and maneuver mechanics down there... But there is plenty of isk.

This elitist idea that high-sec pvp is unskilled is silly. Most of these corps are fighting each other as well as dozens or hundreds of other corps.

If they were unskilled, low and null pilots would be up here schooling them.

Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#30 - 2016-02-21 12:32:43 UTC
Compared to null and low, fighting in hisec Is like fighting a MMA match with your hands tied behind your back, with the lights off, wearing earmuffs.

Which is why I love watching 'elite null combat pilots' flounder around when they have to fight in hi.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Derpster McDerp
Crusher Corps
#31 - 2016-02-22 05:27:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Derpster McDerp
Freyjia Aryana wrote:
Exposure of PIRAT's recent degeneration into a quasi-scam service:
huge post

hi friend, how are you on this lovely evening?

the problem is lets say in the case of this omen, perhaps there was a large fleet of wts nearby ready to pew pew when this omen gets aggro. they're mercs, but they aren't stupid. theres no point running into a fixed bayonet if you can avoid it, so to speak, and you have no clue if there was an enemy fleet nearby ready to pounce. theres no point in risking everything just for a simple omen kill, it's just not worth it.

now, regarding to this scam thing. if one lass starts screaming at the top of her lungs that "p i r a t is scam pls halp Cry" theres a good chance no one will believe her. why? because if you look in their recent wars, they've been doing a good job. and the fact they didn't kill one omen doesn't mean that they're going down the drain and resorting to scamming. theres always a reason for something happening like that, its not worth it to tarnish your reputation for one scam, wouldn't you say?

now friend, on to another thing, i'm sure if they were unable to get ANY kills in the time you paid for it they probably would extend it out for you. or perhaps they would give you some money back, you paid for a service and they didn't get to kill anyone. you have to remember they are offering to WAR DEC, not to kill everyone in the corp. this means they don't really need to give you ur money back, u got what u paid for, a wardec. but you had to put on the tinfoil cap and look where its went....to the trash.

also proof....where is it at? you've got baseless claims bud.

tl;dr
nah Big smile

so im sorry for the situation at hand, but perhaps you've just overreacted? i wouldn't be surprised

take care, fly safe. Big smile
Tarojan
Tarojan Corporation
#32 - 2016-02-25 12:34:09 UTC
Mobadder Thworst wrote:

I would love to know what you call good regarding pvp? I agree most of Eve's pvp community is really just flying a common build, clicking "orbit at 500", and turning all the modules on.

However, there is a small slice of the community who understands game mechanics, maneuver, and basic strategy. Those are the ones who are good, IMO. In my experience, most played in high a few years ago. The low sec community may have equal per-capita representation in this group, but there just aren't (or weren't, I honestly haven't played much since they killed flipping) that many down there. Perhaps there are more now.

I have never met a truly competent pvp'er from null, though I've heard they exist. There just isn't much framework to learn damage and maneuver mechanics down there... But there is plenty of isk.

This elitist idea that high-sec pvp is unskilled is silly. Most of these corps are fighting each other as well as dozens or hundreds of other corps.

You make me want to buy lessons from you :P

Will gank for food

Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#33 - 2016-02-25 13:22:28 UTC
Tarojan wrote:
Mobadder Thworst wrote:

You make me want to buy lessons from you :P

I don't play much these days (outside the forums, anyways) but I used to do a bit of teaching. I like doing it.

Here is the tutorial I used to start people with : https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3788809

If you like that, add me and let's talk when I'm on sometime. There are a lot of things that aren't in the tutorial, but almost everything is extrapolated from what is in the tutorial.

Good luck and have fun.
Mo
Minerva Arbosa
Spatial Forces
Warped Intentions
#34 - 2016-02-25 19:47:40 UTC
Derpster McDerp wrote:
Freyjia Aryana wrote:
Exposure of PIRAT's recent degeneration into a quasi-scam service:
huge post

hi friend, how are you on this lovely evening?

the problem is lets say in the case of this omen, perhaps there was a large fleet of wts nearby ready to pew pew when this omen gets aggro. they're mercs, but they aren't stupid. theres no point running into a fixed bayonet if you can avoid it, so to speak, and you have no clue if there was an enemy fleet nearby ready to pounce. theres no point in risking everything just for a simple omen kill, it's just not worth it.

now, regarding to this scam thing. if one lass starts screaming at the top of her lungs that "p i r a t is scam pls halp Cry" theres a good chance no one will believe her. why? because if you look in their recent wars, they've been doing a good job. and the fact they didn't kill one omen doesn't mean that they're going down the drain and resorting to scamming. theres always a reason for something happening like that, its not worth it to tarnish your reputation for one scam, wouldn't you say?

now friend, on to another thing, i'm sure if they were unable to get ANY kills in the time you paid for it they probably would extend it out for you. or perhaps they would give you some money back, you paid for a service and they didn't get to kill anyone. you have to remember they are offering to WAR DEC, not to kill everyone in the corp. this means they don't really need to give you ur money back, u got what u paid for, a wardec. but you had to put on the tinfoil cap and look where its went....to the trash.

also proof....where is it at? you've got baseless claims bud.

tl;dr
nah Big smile

so im sorry for the situation at hand, but perhaps you've just overreacted? i wouldn't be surprised

take care, fly safe. Big smile

If there is a huge group of said wts nearby, wouldn't it be prudent to use locator agents on actives in the corp that are online? I mean its pretty easy now a days to add contacts to the watchlist. Also with merc groups, I find it best to lay out what is expected before paying them ISK. If you expect them to go outside of trade hubs, then explain it in detail what is expected before handing them any ISK.

I may not like some of the war decs groups out there, but I definitely lay out the terms before paying someone ISK.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2016-03-10 13:34:15 UTC
Ro Fenrios wrote:
( J-_-)J PIRAT.. Y U Dec us... For 17th time???

Ill 2nd this...even banned me from all the PIRAT channels Cry

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Previous page12