These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wait For Citadels Before Moving Into Null-Sec?

Author
TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-03-06 17:55:51 UTC
I ain't got a clue how to do this but the vision is a base somewhere deep into null-sec, mining asteroid belts, sucking stuff out of the planets, exploring for Relics/Data etc, then make stuff, sell stuff and try to stay alive while all this is going on. My concern is if I commit to the control tower/force field/starbase thing with the Citadel swap-over or whatever would I then lose all the money, time and SP's invested in the old, pre-citadel stuff?

And no, I haven't yet researched all the skill sets, hardware, wetware or even the money. I'll probably do like usual; jump in, lose my ass, learn from my many mistakes, then jump in again.

And yes, I want to do this from within my multi-boxer environment; three accounts, three computers and just me as even if my sainted grandmother was to rise from her grave and log onto Eve I wouldn't trust the ***** with so much as a shuttle.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

SurrenderMonkey
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-03-06 18:30:16 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:

And yes, I want to do this from within my multi-boxer environment; three accounts, three computers and just me as even if my sainted grandmother was to rise from her grave and log onto Eve I wouldn't trust the ***** with so much as a shuttle.

I'm sure you think that sounds like sage wisdom, but it's pretty much a deal-breaker for your plan. Put a structure up by yourself in null and someone is just going to kick it down.

Far more feasible in a low-class wormhole. Alternatively, just go live in an NPC station in null.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Majuan Shuo
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2016-03-06 19:00:26 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
TackyTachy1 wrote:

I'm sure you think that sounds like sage wisdom, but it's pretty much a deal-breaker for your plan. Put a structure up by yourself in null and someone is just going to kick it down.

Far more feasible in a low-class wormhole. Alternatively, just go live in an NPC station in null.

Don't listen to this nay-sayer, follow your heart.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." - Abrazzar

TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#4 - 2016-03-06 20:22:12 UTC
Learned two things from this post: CCP is the one with all the *****; I thought it was just folks being polite. But then they did it to me. And the second thing was that NPC stations exist in null, I thought they were all privately owned by corps or something. And the guy says follow my heart; he's probably the first that would blow my station to pieces. This is, after all, Eve.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

NUBIARN
Brutal Ballerinas
#5 - 2016-03-06 20:58:05 UTC
hahaha love your bio

Pathetic at PvP but handy with a spreadsheet; lost a bunch of ships but not one spreadsheet.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2016-03-06 21:16:17 UTC
As Shadow of xXDeathXx controlls a lot of NPC null, I don't recommend making a POS anywhere there.
Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2016-03-06 23:57:50 UTC
My guess is, that you will not be able to defend a POS, nor a citadel with just 3 multiboxed mining characters. So, it probably won't matter when you go or if you bring a tower or a citadel.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#8 - 2016-03-07 00:06:00 UTC
If it's a minimal 200-300 mil investment, well that's about the cost of most sub-cap pvp ships so it's not too big of a bother if someone decides to destroy it.

I'd wait, I am.
Atomic Virulent
Embargo.
#9 - 2016-03-07 02:29:45 UTC
Citadels should be dropping about Fall of 2018 at this rate...
morion
Lighting Build
#10 - 2016-03-07 03:11:11 UTC
Infinity :The quality of having no limits or end...
Kuetlzelcoatl
#11 - 2016-03-07 04:25:03 UTC
+1 for OPs Sig.

Quote:
Designated Rep for 7 characters, two corps and one doofus multi-boxer. Pathetic at PvP but handy with a spreadsheet; lost a bunch of ships but not one spreadsheet. Three kills amongst 7 characters; one of them by accident. (Sorry about that)
gfldex
#12 - 2016-03-07 09:34:04 UTC
TackyTachy1 wrote:
would I then lose all the money

You can't lose that "money" because it's not yours to start with. The POS, "your" ships and that "money" is sole property of CCP Games.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.