These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Monthly Economic Report - February 2016

First post First post
Author
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#21 - 2016-03-04 18:16:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Grauth Thorner
Rob Kaichin wrote:

To anyone that can answer the question: what are the dark blue bars in the import/export table?

The difference of it's counterpart. Hence the dark red bars when the export becomes bigger than its import counterpart.

Very nice stuff! I'm sure Chribba will like this as well as he's addicted to graphs Big smile

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Tzar Sinak
Mythic Heights
#22 - 2016-03-04 18:16:39 UTC
Querns wrote:
Cristl wrote:
Great stuff!

Also: let's look at incursions and nullsec bounties. I can't believe they are so ahead of agent rewards. Basically what I take from this is that every time people piss and whinge about mission runners they are just talking shite.

To be fair, Bounty Prizes includes rat kills across all bands of k-space. While I don't doubt that nullsec makes up a majority of that number, I'd like to see a breakdown across k-space security bands.

Also, they're implementing a fairly catastrophic nerf to nullsec ratting with the capital expansion; this number should decrease significantly in May.

Seeing a before and after graph would be interesting. We think it will be catastrophic but would the numbers support the claim?

Hydrostatic Podcast First class listening of all things EVE

Check out the Eve-Prosper show for your market updates!

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2016-03-04 18:20:34 UTC
Querns wrote:
This is very cool stuff. Thanks for taking the time to make scripts for this.

If you're interested in additional data suggestions, could we have a breakdown of sinks and faucets across bands of space? In particular, I'd be interested in seeing Bounty Prizes and Incursions broken up along highsec, lowsec, and nullsec.

Would be nice if it was normalized for per capita in that region

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Tzar Sinak
Mythic Heights
#24 - 2016-03-04 18:22:32 UTC
The bounty breakdown would be nice but could it be broken down further?

Mission level bounty (lvl 1, 2, 3, and 4)
Opportunity ratting by system sec level (Opportunity ratting = belt/gates)
Anomaly ratting
Combat exploration
Data site rats (for the Drone regions - interesting to know ho much activity actually occurs here)

This granularity, if possible, might help people better understand, poise or refute general open ended claims.

Hydrostatic Podcast First class listening of all things EVE

Check out the Eve-Prosper show for your market updates!

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#25 - 2016-03-04 18:26:05 UTC
So, despite lower player numbers on the server, Production is up, Mining is Up, Destruction is Up, more things are imported and exported around the universe. Looks very healthy to me.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2016-03-04 18:28:59 UTC
Ravcharas wrote:
CCP Quant wrote:
A lot of this is done in free time outside of business hours

Shocked

It is amazing how much of Dev-Player interaction is off hours volunteer on their side.

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#27 - 2016-03-04 18:58:00 UTC
Something about PI production if possible if not value/m3 than maybe in %

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Thurifer Censer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2016-03-04 19:59:20 UTC
Looking at the Economic Indices graph. If the Consumer Price Index has fallen while the Producer, Secondary Producer and Mineral Price indices have all risen that means margins are getting crushed.... am I reading that correctly?
Alyxportur
From Our Cold Dead Hands
#29 - 2016-03-04 20:03:57 UTC
Thank you for posting this. I do hope it becomes a monthly habit.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#30 - 2016-03-04 21:31:27 UTC
I would be interested to know if possible how much ISK is inmobilized in lapsed accounts each month, as my hunch is that it's one serious sink; money that is gathered and then effectively stops moving in the game thus is removed from the ecomomy.
Abd al-Azrad
Dodixie Mercantile Exchange Group
#31 - 2016-03-04 22:00:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Abd al-Azrad
You mentioned making your R code available (and those plots look great, are you using ggplot2?), but I'm more curious about the data itself. Will the monthly data dumps be on a regular schedule, since it seems implied in your post that this will be less of an extracurricular project (like Dr. Eyjo's economic release)?
I don't remember how I got here.  I just remember opening up my eyes and hearing a computerized female voice asking me how I felt and if I knew my own name.
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#32 - 2016-03-04 23:39:17 UTC
Abd al-Azrad wrote:
You mentioned making your R code available (and those plots look great, are you using ggplot2?), but I'm more curious about the data itself. Will the monthly data dumps be on a regular schedule, since it seems implied in your post that this will be less of an extracurricular project (like Dr. Eyjo's economic release)?

The raw data can be found here

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

SaintSoffi
SoffiBank
#33 - 2016-03-04 23:51:29 UTC
i am way too excited about this =3
Philip Shazih
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2016-03-05 00:14:43 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
As a R trainee I would love to get my hands on Your R scripts that generated the graphs.

Seconded.
CCP Quant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#35 - 2016-03-05 01:43:31 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Quant
Querns wrote:

If you're interested in additional data suggestions, could we have a breakdown of sinks and faucets across bands of space? In particular, I'd be interested in seeing Bounty Prizes and Incursions broken up along highsec, lowsec, and nullsec.

This one is hard because payouts are made towards an account belonging to an ownerID, sometimes the payouts are lagged, meaning you can't guarantee that the character location on payout is the same as the character location upon earning the payout. I could break down into individual agents for missions, but incursions and bounty prices are hard or impossible to do with the current data.

Aryth wrote:
Could you include contracts in some of these #s? A great portion of null economic activity is in the form of contracts.

This could be interesting actually, I could iterate through every contract. This is however included in the regional imports as items need to be imported into the regions before they are sold there on the market. But I get that it would be interesting to "uncover" the value of completed contacts relative to the market volume, etc.

Mike Azariah wrote:
Querns wrote:

Would be nice if it was normalized for per capita in that region

m

See answer above on bounty prices etc. (hard to establish exact origin in some cases). As with the "per capita", it would really depend on the definition of "capita", who lives where? Should we take the solarSystemID of characters upon logoff? The most frequented solarSystem? the solarsytem you spend the most time in, or have the most assets? These could get difficult to determine Big smile

Mike Azariah wrote:
Ravcharas wrote:
CCP Quant wrote:
A lot of this is done in free time outside of business hours

Shocked

It is amazing how much of Dev-Player interaction is off hours volunteer on their side.

m

Yeah I guess It's because we are also players, and as such we really feel (as players ourselves) certain things need to be done Big smile Before joining CCP I absolutely loved seeing some stats beyond what was already available... some peak into the underlying numbers that only CCP had access to.
Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#36 - 2016-03-05 02:53:45 UTC
CCP Quant wrote:
Querns wrote:

This one is hard because payouts are made towards an account belonging to an ownerID, sometimes the payouts are lagged, meaning you can't guarantee that the character location on payout is the same as the character location upon earning the payout. I could break down into individual agents for missions, but incursions and bounty prices are hard or impossible to do with the current data.

Oh, yikes, yeah, that would be a problem. Welp! Thanks for the consideration anyways. :)

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#37 - 2016-03-05 05:35:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
CCP Quant wrote:
Querns wrote:

Could we try anyway?
Incursions I suspect would be mostly accurate as people tend to stay in the incursion constellation for at least long enough for payout. I'm really curious how much is coming in from the lowsec incursions now there is a full time low sec sansha group and spectre are regularly running low sec drifters from what I'm getting told also.
And bounties people probably aren't jumping out of null to high every 5 minutes when running anoms also. So should have some degree of consistency.

It'd be under the understanding the data wasn't accurate obviously, but it would give at least some indication of what's going on, even if it had something like a +/- 10% margin of error.

This is assuming it's not incredibly difficult to do also, but that it's just the inaccuracy level you are worried about.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2016-03-05 05:44:45 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Incursions I suspect would be mostly accurate as people tend to stay in the incursion constellation for at least long enough for payout.
The isk payout is done as the site is completed so that should be entirely accurate. LP only get paid out as the mom is popped so I can see the concern affecting that, but the isk itself can't be given while the pilot is somewhere else.
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#39 - 2016-03-05 07:06:37 UTC
Amazing, again!

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#40 - 2016-03-05 07:09:15 UTC
Thank you CCP Quant for the return of the monthly economic report Cool

Can you give us the effect of Brain-in-a-box on the Tranquility server please ?

Regards, a Freelancer

ps: here is the graph pr0n during the o7 show for skill points / isk / plex (skill trading).
source: http://imgur.com/a/niwAx

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Previous page123Next page