These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Monthly Economic Report - February 2016

First post First post
Author
CCP Quant
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-03-04 15:59:37 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Hi guys,

Back in October on EVE Vegas I made some promises that we were going to put out a Monthly Economic Report that would consist of a lot of graphs and csv data dumps. This is different from Dr. Eyjó's popular QEN's in that there is no written analysis included. There are two reasons for this:

1. The written part and all the manual work that Dr. Eyjo and CCP Recurve had to do back then was really what killed the reports. They were too time consuming. A lot of this is done in free time outside of business hours, so I wrote some R and SQL scripts that can be executed every month to automatically generate these reports and the data dumps, making the little work in doing so justifiable Big smile

2. Players who are interested, like mr. Lockefox on the EVE Prosper show to name an example, can take this data and these graphs and publish their own analysis to the EVE community.

A few things have delayed the first release, us moving our data processing infrastructure to a new data center playing a big role, but also the fact that this is really not a part of my job as a Senior Business Analyst, so this goes to the very end of the priority queue. It is no coincidence that most of my releases are done on Fridays (lowest workload during the week). Big smile

In this thread I will gather interesting ideas and improvements to these reports. My list of things to add currently is like this:

1. Graphs+data on PI
  2. Graphs+data on W-Space

Maybe some time in the future the code that generates these graphs and tables can be put on github so I can take proper bug reports and feature requests.

You can find the Monthly Economic Report for February here.

fixed csv dump for RegionalStats.csv - the original numbers had accidentally been multiplied with the # of solarsystems in each region.
Krevnos
Back Door Burglars
#2 - 2016-03-04 16:06:43 UTC
Reserved :-)

I am eager to review this new data when I get home!
Kenneth en Chieve
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-03-04 16:07:41 UTC
Wow, very cool charts. Thanks for creating them. :)
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#4 - 2016-03-04 16:19:35 UTC
This also looks remarkably like a post that could go in "Market Discussion"..
Sir SmashAlot
The League of Extraordinary Opportunists
Intergalactic Conservation Movement
#5 - 2016-03-04 16:27:09 UTC
CCP Quant you are a wizard! Amazing work!! Big smile
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#6 - 2016-03-04 16:30:52 UTC
Cool!

@lunettelulu7

Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-03-04 16:31:09 UTC
This is very cool stuff. Thanks for taking the time to make scripts for this.

If you're interested in additional data suggestions, could we have a breakdown of sinks and faucets across bands of space? In particular, I'd be interested in seeing Bounty Prizes and Incursions broken up along highsec, lowsec, and nullsec.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Cristl
#8 - 2016-03-04 16:32:21 UTC
Great stuff!

Also: let's look at incursions and nullsec bounties. I can't believe they are so ahead of agent rewards. Basically what I take from this is that every time people piss and whinge about mission runners they are just talking shite.
Rob Kaichin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-03-04 16:39:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Rob Kaichin
Querns wrote:

If you're interested in additional data suggestions, could we have a breakdown of sinks and faucets across bands of space? In particular, I'd be interested in seeing Bounty Prizes and Incursions broken up along highsec, lowsec, and nullsec.

I'd like to echo this and ask for a LP breakdown too if possible. By which I mean faction LP stores, not Concord/Drifter Incursion LP.
Querns
Caldari State
#10 - 2016-03-04 16:41:06 UTC
Cristl wrote:
Great stuff!

Also: let's look at incursions and nullsec bounties. I can't believe they are so ahead of agent rewards. Basically what I take from this is that every time people piss and whinge about mission runners they are just talking shite.

To be fair, Bounty Prizes includes rat kills across all bands of k-space. While I don't doubt that nullsec makes up a majority of that number, I'd like to see a breakdown across k-space security bands.

Also, they're implementing a fairly catastrophic nerf to nullsec ratting with the capital expansion; this number should decrease significantly in May.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-03-04 16:49:38 UTC
Could you include contracts in some of these #s? A great portion of null economic activity is in the form of contracts.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

aldhura
Blackjack and Exotic Dancers
Top Tier
#12 - 2016-03-04 16:55:30 UTC
I am assuming bounties is for all regions, it would be nice to see a low, high and null split.
Rob Kaichin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-03-04 16:55:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Rob Kaichin
Aryth wrote:
Could you include contracts in some of these #s? A great portion of null economic activity is in the form of contracts.

Wouldn't contracts be included in the export/import volumes already?

To CCP Quant: what are the dark blue bars in the import/export table?
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2016-03-04 17:03:51 UTC
As a R trainee I would love to get my hands on Your R scripts that generated the graphs.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2016-03-04 17:12:03 UTC
Wtf happened to isk velocity in January?
Rob Kaichin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-03-04 17:14:50 UTC
Rowells wrote:

Skill Injectors!
Querns
Caldari State
#17 - 2016-03-04 17:15:17 UTC
Rowells wrote:

Skill injectors and extractors.

Querns
Caldari State
#18 - 2016-03-04 17:24:48 UTC
Rob Kaichin wrote:
Aryth wrote:

He's interested in WTS contracts, not couriers.

Ravcharas
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2016-03-04 17:35:54 UTC
CCP Quant wrote:
A lot of this is done in free time outside of business hours

Shocked
Rob Kaichin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-03-04 17:40:04 UTC
Querns wrote:
Rob Kaichin wrote:
Aryth wrote:

He's interested in WTS contracts, not couriers.

Thanks for explaining that.

To CCP Quant (again), could we get a breakdown of Market Taxes by region, and by systems in Highsec? It'd be good to be able to project how the 5-6% tax increase will play out.
123Next page