These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Sisters of Eve /moveme tool that creates 1 way wormholes into Thera

Author
Lucy Callagan
New Order Outreach Division
CODE.
#41 - 2016-03-02 22:12:12 UTC
Plz don't **** up my home, thks
perseus skye
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2016-03-03 00:37:57 UTC  |  Edited by: perseus skye
Having to click a out of game website should never be used as a argument against adding in game features IMO .....especially as the out of game website would probably close down one day soon

Not that I am agreeing the s idea is good though
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#43 - 2016-03-03 00:49:10 UTC
Pleasure Hub Node-514 wrote:
@Iain Cariaba

Humor me.

-This functions as a /moveme generator to Thera. No one can stop you from getting into Thera, you set down at a random point in the system.
-The Thera /moveme generator can't be used to escape active conflict (weapons timer active).
-If a player uses the Thera /moveme generator to escape suspect timers or gate camps, they are placing themselves in a potentially more dangerous zone where everyone is being hunted.
-I want access to the Thera /moveme generator to be cheap. Low LP cost or made available at no cost to the player after completing a mission arch (or astronomy project discovery missions which CCP teased a long while ago).
-Power projection though Thera wormholes is a viable tactic but can be curtailed by several factors.
a. competing with other players to access holes.
b. Wormhole mass (which can be altered as needed)
c. Thera wormholes are wandering.


When your idea abstracts to, "Basically it's a test server cheat command in item form!" it is an utterly **** idea.

What's next? /copyships implant?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Iain Cariaba
#44 - 2016-03-03 02:19:12 UTC
perseus skye wrote:
Having to click a out of game website should never be used as a argument against adding in game features IMO .....especially as the out of game website would probably close down one day soon

Not that I am agreeing the s idea is good though

The website is just one of those things that the players have done that the Devs didn't expect. In this case, it makes it significantly easier to find the entrances to Thera, meaning that more people end up there than originally intended.
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#45 - 2016-03-03 10:44:43 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Pleasure Hub Node-514 wrote:
-I want access to the Thera /moveme generator to be cheap. Low LP cost or made available at no cost to the player after completing a mission arch (or astronomy project discovery missions which CCP teased a long while ago).

Access to Thera is already free. The website linked in an above post provides the locations. What you're looking for is a way to get into Thera without any risk, which is not supported.

Well yes, however the idea I keep trying to hammer with the proposal is adding significant risk to leaving Thera by introducing a mechanic that brings lots of weaponized bodies into the system.

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#46 - 2016-03-03 10:47:26 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
When your idea abstracts to, "Basically it's a test server cheat command in item form!" it is an utterly **** idea.

What's next? /copyships implant?

Everything is a slippery slope with Eve people. Roll
No. This is just Thera.

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#47 - 2016-03-03 12:25:38 UTC
Heiluri wrote:
Considering how well Thera is connected to everywhere in the game this would be the most effective tool of force projection seen in the game.

Not just that, you could open two wormholes from outside and form a direct connection from one system to another with only thera in between.

This would be by far the most ovepowered thing imaginable, even at 1b per use cost this would be ridiculously overpowered.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Helios Anduath
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2016-03-03 12:27:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Helios Anduath
Arya Regnar wrote:
Not just that, you could open two wormholes from outside and form a direct connection from one system to another with only thera in between.


OP was talking about ONE-WAY wormholes INTO Thera so you would have to leave by Thera's standard compliment of holes.
Helios Anduath
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2016-03-03 12:31:14 UTC
perseus skye wrote:
.especially as the out of game website would probably close down one day soon


We are going nowhere anytime soon.
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#50 - 2016-03-03 12:47:13 UTC
Helios Anduath wrote:
perseus skye wrote:
.especially as the out of game website would probably close down one day soon


We are going nowhere anytime soon.

Eve Scout is the best! Hug Fleets Best Fleets with Signal Cartel. Big smile

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#51 - 2016-03-03 12:52:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Pleasure Hub Node-514
Arya Regnar wrote:
Heiluri wrote:
Considering how well Thera is connected to everywhere in the game this would be the most effective tool of force projection seen in the game.

Not just that, you could open two wormholes from outside and form a direct connection from one system to another with only thera in between.

This would be by far the most ovepowered thing imaginable, even at 1b per use cost this would be ridiculously overpowered.

It's only a one way move into Thera, it can't be used to leave Thera. Wormhole might not be the best description for the mechanic. Under this proposal you can't create a WH and use it to let someone escape Thera.

As Helios reiterated, you must use the naturally spawning wormholes in Thera in order to leave with a ship.

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#52 - 2016-03-03 16:41:14 UTC
Again, no. This would be abused not only by PVP fleets but by Freighter pilots moving goods around.

Example 1: Freighter pilot in nullsec needs to get goods to Jita. Uses implant to go to Thera, then takes the nearest hisec exit to Jita. Drops goods off. Profit. No risk. Big reward.

Example 2: Freighter pilot in Dodixie needs to get goods to Jita. Uses implant to go to Thera, then takes the nearest hisec exit to Jita. Drops goods off. Profit. No risk. Big reward.


Thera would just become the easy mode access from nullsec to hisec. EVE is not supposed to be easy. You want easy, go play WoW.
Helios Anduath
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2016-03-03 16:43:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Helios Anduath
Estella Osoka wrote:
Example 1: Freighter pilot in nullsec needs to get goods to Jita. Uses implant to go to Thera, then takes the nearest hisec exit to Jita. Drops goods off. Profit. No risk. Big reward.

Example 2: Freighter pilot in Dodixie needs to get goods to Jita. Uses implant to go to Thera, then takes the nearest hisec exit to Jita. Drops goods off. Profit. No risk. Big reward.


Thera would just become the easy mode access from nullsec to hisec. EVE is not supposed to be easy. You want easy, go play WoW.


While I do not like the OP's idea, I must point out that feighters can't use highsec Thera wormholes so both of these scenarios are not possible. They can only use NS or LS ones (plus some of the WH ones).
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#54 - 2016-03-03 16:45:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Estella Osoka
Helios Anduath wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:
Example 1: Freighter pilot in nullsec needs to get goods to Jita. Uses implant to go to Thera, then takes the nearest hisec exit to Jita. Drops goods off. Profit. No risk. Big reward.

Example 2: Freighter pilot in Dodixie needs to get goods to Jita. Uses implant to go to Thera, then takes the nearest hisec exit to Jita. Drops goods off. Profit. No risk. Big reward.


Thera would just become the easy mode access from nullsec to hisec. EVE is not supposed to be easy. You want easy, go play WoW.


While I do not like the OP's idea, I must point out that feighters can't use highsec Thera wormholes so both of these scenarios are not possible. They can only use NS or LS ones (plus some of the WH ones).


That is not what this article says: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/thera-and-the-shattered-wormholes/

Quote:
None of the connections to Thera will admit capital ships (freighters will be able to squeeze in), none of the stations in Thera will allow capitals to be built, and there are no moons for starbase anchoring. This means the system will only ever contain sub-capital vessels.
Helios Anduath
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2016-03-03 16:59:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Helios Anduath
Estella Osoka wrote:
That is not what this article says: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/thera-and-the-shattered-wormholes/

Quote:
None of the connections to Thera will admit capital ships (freighters will be able to squeeze in), none of the stations in Thera will allow capitals to be built, and there are no moons for starbase anchoring. This means the system will only ever contain sub-capital vessels.


That article does not state which wormholes allow access to freighters, only that freighters can get in. Heck, you can't even get battleships in through a HS Thera connection.

If you hover over the Wormhole type for the highsec connections to Thera on the EvE-Scout website, you will note that they say up to Medium Ships, so nothing above a Battlecruiser (or Nestor) in mass. We can also look at the static data for the two Thera HS wormhole types (Q063 and T458) you will note that they only allow 20 Mkg per jump while freighters are about the 1000 Mkg mark.

It used to be that Freighters could not enter through Lowsec wormholes either, but that was changed in Scylla:

Scylla Patchnotes wrote:
The single jump mass limit on wormholes connecting Thera and Low Security space has been increased to 1,000,000,000kg
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2016-03-03 17:30:01 UTC
Helios Anduath wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:
That is not what this article says: http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/thera-and-the-shattered-wormholes/

Quote:
None of the connections to Thera will admit capital ships (freighters will be able to squeeze in), none of the stations in Thera will allow capitals to be built, and there are no moons for starbase anchoring. This means the system will only ever contain sub-capital vessels.


That article does not state which wormholes allow access to freighters, only that freighters can get in. Heck, you can't even get battleships in through a HS Thera connection.

If you hover over the Wormhole type for the highsec connections to Thera on the EvE-Scout website, you will note that they say up to Medium Ships, so nothing above a Battlecruiser (or Nestor) in mass. We can also look at the static data for the two Thera HS wormhole types (Q063 and T458) you will note that they only allow 20 Mkg per jump while freighters are about the 1000 Mkg mark.

It used to be that Freighters could not enter through Lowsec wormholes either, but that was changed in Scylla:

Scylla Patchnotes wrote:
The single jump mass limit on wormholes connecting Thera and Low Security space has been increased to 1,000,000,000kg


Even so, getting items from hisec to nullsec would still be doable using this idea. The whole idea creates the same power projection problem we had before jump fatigue, and it would inadvertently allow capitols into Thera; which is basically against the whole idea of Thera being a non-Capitol ship WH system.

This idea reeks of millenial self-entitlement.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#57 - 2016-03-03 18:07:23 UTC
Pleasure Hub Node-514 wrote:
Heiluri wrote:
Where did massive amounts of force projection lead us last time? To the rental empires because no-one could challenge the groups that had the numbers and ability to project to the other side of New Eden in matter of minutes. Those groups still have the numbers required to do so and by allowing instant teleportation to Thera they are given back the power to hold large parts of the null sec easily.

Wormhole mass physics would limit large scale projection into k-space territory. You could get large fleets mobilizing within Thera to protect (or collapse) wormhole access, however, it's still a race to find out-connections as they form.


Not really.... They can simply respawn wormholes by mass crashing statics with a fleet, doing a moveme back into Thera, and repeat until the new spawn is near your desired destination.
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#58 - 2016-03-03 18:32:18 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Even so, getting items from hisec to nullsec would still be doable using this idea. The whole idea creates the same power projection problem we had before jump fatigue, and it would inadvertently allow capitols into Thera; which is basically against the whole idea of Thera being a non-Capitol ship WH system.

This idea reeks of millennial self-entitlement.

Then place mass restrictions on the SoE activation key to Thera. Why do you even see the need to bring up millennial self-entitlement? This is a feedback and ideas forums ffs. Let discuss things rather than resorting flippant rhetoric. Roll

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

Hopelesshobo
Hoboland
#59 - 2016-03-03 18:39:29 UTC
Sometimes you just read an OP....and you get a good laugh out of it.

+1 OP

+1

Lowering the average to make you look better since 2012.

Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#60 - 2016-03-03 18:41:18 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Not really.... They can simply respawn wormholes by mass crashing statics with a fleet, doing a /moveme back into Thera, and repeat until the new spawn is near your desired destination.

Okay. There may be things that address this.

-Flat Thera /moveme activation cooldown. (1hr, 6hr, 12hr, 1 day, etc.)
-/moveme Thera access is awarded once per day as a daily activity bonus for completing an astronomy Project Discovery task.
-Jump Fatigue
-Wormhole collapse drawbacks to the ship/player that prevent player from re-entering Thera for X amount of time via the Thera /moveme

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4