These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

oh fix the server already

First post
Author
Sierra Pell Achassi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2016-03-01 09:24:57 UTC
"Early downtime today started at 9:00 UTC!"
VonSpaky
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#42 - 2016-03-01 09:26:05 UTC
EVE Status ‏@EVE_status 2m2 minutes ago
Early downtime today started at 9:00 UTC! TQ will be up again after the downtime jobs have been completed in a few minutes. #tweetfleet
Rhonan Irwin
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2016-03-01 09:26:06 UTC
CCP took ALL my eve time yesterday then i get back home from work for this BULL.....
Seriously now ccp this is getting old the amount of time you have taken for me counts in the billion's in game and you do it all in my prime time
Dyllan Ma'tar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2016-03-01 09:26:08 UTC
Those probes were the only way I had out of the system CCP. Just FYI in case you were wondering if I was annoyed.
slphy vansyl
angry squirrels
#45 - 2016-03-01 09:27:12 UTC
they never annouce it....early DT...hum....a new day with a lot of DT seems more exact!
VonSpaky
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#46 - 2016-03-01 09:27:36 UTC
VonSpaky wrote:
EVE Status ‏@EVE_status 2m2 minutes ago
Early downtime today started at 9:00 UTC! TQ will be up again after the downtime jobs have been completed in a few minutes. #tweetfleet

..so does this mean no DT at 1100?
Luke Skywalking
C0NC0RD Branch Office
#47 - 2016-03-01 09:28:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Luke Skywalking
Big Lynx wrote:
Don't play in patch week!

Well.. as many have mentioned before.. I don't mind a full 1 day shutdown so CCP can do its job. But multiple crashes like this... extended downtimes... are quite annoying.

CCP yearns to retain new blood in the game, and this isn't going to score well with them. Plus game time is bought, thus the many complains when we get kicked out of the game.

A lot of people do plan their time to play Eve due to work and other commitments, so these unexpected downtimes are not cool.

Anyway, there are many pro CCP peeps out here.. I'm not against them or complaining / whining in any way.. but, instead of being harsh on your fellow gamers... do allow them this avenue of venting their frustration.

Anyway.. was early DT mentioned prior? I don't think so.. and there was no announcement in game when we were kicked out abruptly.

I can accept that the new servers are unstable, it crashed, and we were kicked out. But not to mislead and announce "early downtime" when it was not scheduled and informed prior.

No one method is the right method, nor the wrong method.

Sephiroth JR ShinRa
Tainted Dragons
#48 - 2016-03-01 09:30:27 UTC
Ladies, Gentlemen and officers of the Royal Navy.

Its all ok. Dont worry. If you were in the middle of something important and need to go out relax.

If you had brought something expensive and left it in space relax.

Are you worried that you wont get to your destination in time then again relax.

Here at SpaceBall Armada we like to help. Simply PM me your login details with standing instructions and ill sort out all your problems.

Sorted.

And you're welcome.
Seph
Drizden D'Urden
Cohortes Vigilum
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#49 - 2016-03-01 09:32:04 UTC
Sigh.

Its a good thing you are not running hospital servers or financial servers and just running a game. It is a game, but people come home to have some of their own "down time". Seriously though get your act together, its been sh#$ for a couple days now - had over 10 years to practice how this works ;).

Off to go play Diablo ... at least I know that is working.
Le Capitan
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#50 - 2016-03-01 09:34:39 UTC
Big Lynx wrote:
Don't play in patch week!

so thats how it is these days.. just avoiding a patch day was ennough back 10 years ago :Roll
VonSpaky
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#51 - 2016-03-01 09:34:49 UTC
A day of Project Reality it is then
CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#52 - 2016-03-01 09:35:00 UTC
Apologies for the late notice!

We are running an early downtime on TQ. Please consult this thread for further info.

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Previous page123