These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

T2 Ship Skill Requirements Reversed from T1 and 3. Swap them.

Author
Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Cauldron of Ecstasy
#21 - 2016-02-25 07:19:14 UTC
I would rather have an option to filter skills by their attribute types - at least then I can make plans that don't take hours to figure out.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#22 - 2016-02-25 18:46:25 UTC
Barrett Fruitcake wrote:
Soldarius wrote:
This isn't about entitlement. Holy crap. This is about one set of skills being different than all the others within the same category. It makes no sense.

I wonder how many other people got screwed by this.

It was by design.

I think he actually believes he 'got screwed'. I doubt he'll ever understand that he's the one who made a wrong assumption (for 6 years - LOL) and is dealing with the consequences. He's clearly a victim, but I'm pretty sure the crime was committed before he subscribed to eve Blink
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#23 - 2016-02-25 21:12:22 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
I would rather have an option to filter skills by their attribute types - at least then I can make plans that don't take hours to figure out.

EVEmon will tell you, dear.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#24 - 2016-02-26 19:09:39 UTC
The hatred and personal attacks being posted in this thread are amazing. In case you wonder why its so hard to retain new players, this is why. What's worse is that hateful and derisive comments do nothing but alienate yourself from other players.

Prior to the most recent adjustment of skill groups, all skills except the T2 ship categories had the same attribute requirements. I'm perfectly aware of the changes that were made and in response to this knowledge clicked on over a dozen ship skills to make damn sure they were all the the same. Still not good enough apparently.

I never said the attribute requirements were not by design. I know damn well it was. All I'm saying is it is terrible design and should be changed. And not one comment in this entire thread has addressed that.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2016-02-27 02:57:42 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
Swapping the primary and secondary skill requirements results in a 10% reduction in SP gained for those skills

You are aware you can remap to Willpower, right?

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Lord Vyper
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2016-02-27 08:10:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Vyper
Deleted
Lord Vyper
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2016-02-27 08:11:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Vyper
Not really surprised to see a bunch of vets crap all over someone else's opinion because it differs from theirs. (OMG he's a Goon blah blah blah) I was many things before that.

I agree as a well educated game designer that this mechanic doesn't seem to have a logical purpose except to slow down a players progression. Hopefully they align the requirements in a more logical pattern and/or remove attributes all together as they really only seem to promote the sales of implants and level of undue complexity without adding any gameplay. Hopefully when they remove attributes than can also repurpose the existing Implants for something amazing that will actually open up gameplay choices and add to tactical decisions one makes prior to an engagement be it PVE or PVP orientation.

Ideas for spit balling.... None of these have been thought thru just off the top of my head

-Nullify wormhole effects

- Reduction to security status loss

-Increase loot range

-Do Barrel rolls

I'm sure the player base can give actual useful suggestions for Implants once the time comes
Previous page12