These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Irya Boone
The Scope
#641 - 2016-02-26 01:43:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Irya Boone
can i have gallente frigate lvl 6 or 7 with this feature cause i see a lot of p2win in posts but it seems to me you can inject as much sp you want but you just gonna have lvl 5 in whatever skill so ... win .. win what?

now ccp get rid of off grid boost already and put logi on killmails

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Maxpie
MUSE LLP
#642 - 2016-02-26 14:48:44 UTC
Dr Caymus wrote:
The new skill system: Dawn of a New Era or Epic Fail

Perhaps I owe CCP an apology for making a goal of leading the skillpoint group for the last 13 years, I must have offended them greatly for them to do what they have done to the system.

However, now a complete mockery of the system has been made with a 3-day-old character. Was that not seen coming?

This could have been done much more effectively with more controls: more tiers with decreasing marginal gains at higher SP levels, daily limits, or whatever.

Back up and restore, anyone?

CCP owes you an apology. For what it's worth, in my book Dr. Caymus still has the most skillpoints in Eve.

No good deed goes unpunished

Loradan Illstari
Illstari Industries
#643 - 2016-02-26 18:53:38 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Dear Loradan, in order for my first point to be a 'lie' it would have to be the case that one cannot buy skill injectors with cash (buy Arum with real life cash, use to buy skill injectors) is it your contention that this is not so?

That one can also buy them with isk, does not in any way alter that they can also be bought with real life cash - that is, pay to gain an advantage.

Your post is a lie because you claim that people willing to pay cash have an inherent advantage over those who aren't, which is not true. There are people with more than enough ISK in this game to buy all the SP they please without spending a dime. You can't pay for anything that someone else can't do with time and effort, so yes, your post is a complete lie. In fact, it could be argued that those using time and effort are the ones developing the intangible skill set required to actually succeed at playing the game, so in effect, those utilizing time and effort have an advantage over those willing to pay that you can't pay for with real cash. Your argument continues to disintegrate by the minute.
Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#644 - 2016-02-26 20:57:26 UTC
if you don't like where the game is going start a riot; it worked before during Incarna and it actually makes your CSM representatives earn their keep! P
Kukaryamba
Distributed Denial of Service
#645 - 2016-02-26 21:30:46 UTC
i wonder how much eveappraiser values his toon now..
Pyrasanth
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#646 - 2016-04-22 21:53:53 UTC
Some things need to be protected. Eve was the "Amazon rain forest" of the gaming world- unique and irreplaceable- now a bull dozer has been unleashed & the forest is getting flattened.

I have a lot of skill points. I wont move them, sell them or inject them from elsewhere. The achievement is uniquely mine as to how they were earnt & honed & money can't buy that feeling.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#647 - 2016-04-22 23:00:08 UTC
I too love The Walking Dead.

Not enough to to live it vicariously through resurrecting long dead threads though.

Mr Epeen Cool
Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#648 - 2016-04-23 13:32:49 UTC
That eliteness... someone hunt him down and gank him by showing up with n+1 please.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#649 - 2016-04-23 18:39:06 UTC
PsiMin wrote:
Lathael wrote:
This destroys a lot for me. Ouch.

Can someone do the math for me and tell me how much that costs?

Thx in advance *sigh*

around 1.8trillon isk you can have a maxed char, CCP has destroyed this game as its now P2W, if you have the isk you can have max chars

I didn't know having a lot of money equates to knowing how to fly a capital ship.Roll
Frederick Nurks
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#650 - 2016-04-24 02:26:55 UTC
Just to add my disgust level to this thread,
For how it makes my slow grind to get skill points absolutely worthless,
yes there is other parts of the game, but when I reached Lvl 5 in anything I thought I had accomplished something,

P2W - now if you have enough isk, not much is stopping you putting the ship and bits you want.
CPP: may as well just drop skillpoints totaly and just charge an extra $'s on subscription.

-----OOOOO---- EVE - Where everyone encourages you to play anyway you like, as long as it is the way they play. I just think wine bottles should bigger, so there is enough to share.

Mr M
Sebiestor Tribe
#651 - 2016-04-24 04:23:01 UTC
Don't care. Those armour skills won't help him when he shield tanks, and the processing skills won't help him at all.

Share your experience

Write for the EVE Tribune

www.eve-tribune.com

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#652 - 2016-04-24 08:31:54 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
Edwin Rothbard wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:
nor does it really give you an advantage..

Roll
I'm sure new pilots with 400k sp will agree that having max skills conveys no extra advantages such as trading skills, PI skills, production skills, research skills, ability to fit t2 modules, fits you can actually use because you don't have all the pg/cpu restrictions, or the ability to hop in and fly any ship you like right now.

Just because someone doesn't have experience flying a particular ship doesn't mean it's not an advantage to be able to fly it.

Your assertion that having max skills isn't an advantage is nonsense.

so what if he can use T2 mods and ship if he doesn't know how to use it or if nobody plays with him?

check lowsec especially FW deaths, notice that even veteran players uses T1 ships with mixed T1/T2 mods?

infact, i don't see you, a 2007 character, flying OP or expensive ships yourself to have an advantage over others and you have plenty of SP, why?

if having more SP is such of an advantage, why are you in particular, not showing it?

Having more Skill Points has been and always will be the deciding factor when doing balanced 1v1.

A couple years ago when CCP had that big 3 stage Exploration / Sight Seeing contest, one of the tasks was to take a screenshot of your pod on fire. I had never really done any PvP and a friend of mine with lot's of PvP experience agreed to help me accomplish that task without exploding my pod.

He offered to give me a few lessons on PvP solo engagement while helping me to accomplish my task. We got set up in a secluded system out in deep space in the same type of Rookie ship with the same exact fit up. While this was happening we noticed that my ship was dealing more DPS as well as repping more damage than his ship. My ship was also able to hit his ship while traveling faster in a much larger orbit than his ship.

It didn't take long to figure out that I had way more Skill Points in all of the basic skill groups which affected ship operations, defense and offense. Course we weren't using any EWAR, Drones or OGB, etc. Both of us had the same basic set up doing basic engagement tactics.

In the end we realized that while experience can be gained rather quickly, it's the one with more Skill Points that will always be more effective.

DMC
Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#653 - 2016-04-24 10:22:31 UTC
It would be ironic to inject enough skillpoints to use 1400mm artillery effectively.

It's tempting...

A signature :o

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#654 - 2016-04-24 10:48:39 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:
Edwin Rothbard wrote:
Linus Gorp wrote:
nor does it really give you an advantage..

Roll
I'm sure new pilots with 400k sp will agree that having max skills conveys no extra advantages such as trading skills, PI skills, production skills, research skills, ability to fit t2 modules, fits you can actually use because you don't have all the pg/cpu restrictions, or the ability to hop in and fly any ship you like right now.

Just because someone doesn't have experience flying a particular ship doesn't mean it's not an advantage to be able to fly it.

Your assertion that having max skills isn't an advantage is nonsense.

so what if he can use T2 mods and ship if he doesn't know how to use it or if nobody plays with him?

check lowsec especially FW deaths, notice that even veteran players uses T1 ships with mixed T1/T2 mods?

infact, i don't see you, a 2007 character, flying OP or expensive ships yourself to have an advantage over others and you have plenty of SP, why?

if having more SP is such of an advantage, why are you in particular, not showing it?

Having more Skill Points has been and always will be the deciding factor when doing balanced 1v1.

A couple years ago when CCP had that big 3 stage Exploration / Sight Seeing contest, one of the tasks was to take a screenshot of your pod on fire. I had never really done any PvP and a friend of mine with lot's of PvP experience agreed to help me accomplish that task without exploding my pod.

He offered to give me a few lessons on PvP solo engagement while helping me to accomplish my task. We got set up in a secluded system out in deep space in the same type of Rookie ship with the same exact fit up. While this was happening we noticed that my ship was dealing more DPS as well as repping more damage than his ship. My ship was also able to hit his ship while traveling faster in a much larger orbit than his ship.

It didn't take long to figure out that I had way more Skill Points in all of the basic skill groups which affected ship operations, defense and offense. Course we weren't using any EWAR, Drones or OGB, etc. Both of us had the same basic set up doing basic engagement tactics.

In the end we realized that while experience can be gained rather quickly, it's the one with more Skill Points that will always be more effective.

DMC

and how often do you find or experience a balanced 1v1 in EvE? o.O

again, still don't see anybody dominating and slaughtering everybody with his max SP characters.

Just Add Water

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#655 - 2016-04-24 10:52:50 UTC
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#656 - 2016-04-24 13:18:08 UTC
Amyclas Amatin wrote:
That eliteness... someone hunt him down and gank him by showing up with n+1 please.

who IronBank? you do know he is one of the guy who paid MBC to kicked you out of dek right? Roll

Just Add Water

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#657 - 2016-04-24 13:30:00 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
Amyclas Amatin wrote:

who IronBank? you do know he is one of the guy who paid MBC to kicked you out of dek right? Roll

The IWI banker behind the war is LennyKravitz2, actually. But yeah. Elite or not elite, those guys are spending 900 billion a week to keep the war going on.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#658 - 2016-04-24 13:46:03 UTC
Frederick Nurks wrote:
Just to add my disgust level to this thread,
For how it makes my slow grind to get skill points absolutely worthless,
yes there is other parts of the game, but when I reached Lvl 5 in anything I thought I had accomplished something...

Yeah nah, that's not the way to look at it. Really mate, EVE is about the stories. Some people buy books and skip through to the end to see what happens; that doesn't make it "worthless" for me to read the whole book. Some people would rather take a helicopter ride to the top of the mountain than climb it; that doesn't make it worthless for you to acheive that for yourself.

I'm not the one being cheated in that scenario with the book. You've lost nothing with this if you play the game your way and forget that guy.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#659 - 2016-04-28 01:18:58 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:

and how often do you find or experience a balanced 1v1 in EvE? o.O

again, still don't see anybody dominating and slaughtering everybody with his max SP characters.

Regardless of experience, a player with max skills and top of the line ship fit will dominate and slaughter anyone in 1v1 encounters.

To think otherwise is just foolish.

DMC
Caldari Citizen 115-16-18737
Doomheim
#660 - 2016-04-28 09:50:31 UTC
I'd always wondered what the circumstances of someone maxing out their SP would be. I imagined it would be an event, with some build-up toward the moment when the character in question would "tick over." I never imagined that it would simply come down to an ISk transaction. No fanfare, no mention, just cha-ching and there you go.

As others have said: really sad. Massive anti-climax.

But at least it couldn't have happened to a nicer person...right?