These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Unplugging in space - Active combat timers should disable unplugging.

Author
Lt Shard
Team Pizza
Good at this Game
#1 - 2016-02-26 01:06:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Lt Shard
Basically if you gain a combat timer you shouldn't be able to pull implants. Its a pretty cheap way to deny a nice killmail to who killed you, and rightfully earned it.

Would be a simple change and would make some people happy I'm sure.
Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-02-26 01:10:35 UTC
Honestly I'm not quite sure how we're unplugging implants from ourselves when we're in our capsules at all. I don't see a downside to this other than the loss of being able to troll people who caught you out of a good looking pod kill.
+1
Paranoid Loyd
#3 - 2016-02-26 01:19:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
I admittedly don't do much fighting in Null so maybe I am just ignorant, but when are they removing the implants before they get podded? Are they doing it before their ship explodes or are they doing it after while you wait for all your friends to lock on so they can whore?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Lt Shard
Team Pizza
Good at this Game
#4 - 2016-02-26 01:30:17 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
I admittedly don't do much fighting in Null so maybe I am just ignorant, but when are they removing the implants before they get podded? Are they doing it before their ship explodes or are they doing it after while you wait for all your friends to lock on so they can whore?

Both

Just now we caught a pod with half a virtue set because he was pulling

I know ive pulled when I was in a ship before because it was game over
Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2016-02-26 01:41:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
On the latter, I disagree, if you take too long to pod them it's your own fault. On the former, I somewhat agree.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Iain Cariaba
#6 - 2016-02-26 01:47:30 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

It's nullsec, of course they're getting pulled while everyones trying to whore.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#7 - 2016-02-26 04:11:41 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:

It's nullsec, of course they're getting pulled while everyones trying to whore.

Pretty much this.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#8 - 2016-02-26 07:55:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Arya Regnar
Nah, it should stay, there should be a downside to everyone waiting with the kill so everyone can whore on it.

Maybe make it so you can only rip them while in a pod to amplify that.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2016-02-26 07:58:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Morrigan LeSante
I'm not sure we should be pandering to the "KB GREEEN!!!!" crowd.

They're the first ones to **** off when things go south.

And it's not like they ever drop, it's literally pure stat padding.
Lt Shard
Team Pizza
Good at this Game
#10 - 2016-02-26 09:57:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Lt Shard
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Its the same concept of the change when self destructing gave no mail, I fail to see why this shouldn't be changed under the same mindset.
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-02-26 10:47:10 UTC
You'll be after self destructing in a pos shield next Roll
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-02-26 10:57:20 UTC
Agreed. The implants will be lots either way and the kill mail should reflect the true losses.
Kniht
#13 - 2016-02-26 11:06:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Kniht
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
...if you take too long to pod them it's your own fault.

If you can't unplug implants with a weapons timer, then you have 60s to pod them after they last agressed you, which they control. Shard said combat timer, but weapons timer makes more sense to me, both in time limit and who can control it.

If you take longer than 60s to whore, either on the ship or the pod, then I don't have sympathy if you don't get implant value on the pod killmail. It's relatively rare to have 60s worth of EHP, but if the ship does, it's likely a nice kill without implant value.

Not a big deal to me either way.

o/ fly crazy

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#14 - 2016-02-26 13:00:43 UTC
Avoiding your ****** gatecamp and denying you your killmail is PVP. Pulling your implants before being podded because you are inexplicably taking too long, and causing you to cry like a Nullbear baby, is also a valid tactic.

Everything seems to be working as intended

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Barrett Fruitcake
Doomheim
#15 - 2016-02-26 14:17:06 UTC
Giving a pilot the time to unplug all his implants is the risk you take if you want to allow everyone and his mom whore on that particular Pod.

The solution is not to disallow this, but for you to not hold a Pod for-ever so even a Sieged Dread can lock it.
Insta pop it if you don't want to give them the option to pull implants.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#16 - 2016-02-26 14:40:01 UTC
You want people to stop unplugging implants? Take kill reports out of the system.

Personally cannot stand alliances/corporations/players who care so much about the killboards that they will unplug implants, whore on killmails, pad KBs using alts, etc. This is why killboards are a joke.
Praal
Bearded BattleBears
#17 - 2016-02-26 14:47:29 UTC
Arya Regnar wrote:
Nah, it should stay, there should be a downside to everyone waiting with the kill so everyone can whore on it.

Maybe make it so you can only rip them while in a pod to amplify that.

This is the most reasonable way. It removes pre-emptive unplugging when they know they're going to lose, but it doesn't reward you for taking your time and whoring the killmail.

If you are docked, you should be able to unplug even in a ship however. (Let's not add more UI annoyances!)
Lt Shard
Team Pizza
Good at this Game
#18 - 2016-02-26 17:31:04 UTC
Barrett Fruitcake wrote:
Giving a pilot the time to unplug all his implants is the risk you take if you want to allow everyone and his mom whore on that particular Pod.

The solution is not to disallow this, but for you to not hold a Pod for-ever so even a Sieged Dread can lock it.
Insta pop it if you don't want to give them the option to pull implants.

You are dead anyway. Who cares if everyone whores.

You cant unplug modules on a ship, unless next to a depot. So it should only be fair pods are treated the same way.
Suck it up and take the loss, its just numbers, and eve players like seeing numbers.
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2016-02-26 23:58:32 UTC
Lt Shard wrote:
its just numbers

>Complains about numbers.

Like I said in the other thread like...2 days ago....doing this loses the comedy of the people who pull implants but get away anyway.

Why do you have such a hardon for public recognition of "KB Green"?
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#20 - 2016-02-27 00:13:02 UTC
Lt Shard wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Its the same concept of the change when self destructing gave no mail, I fail to see why this shouldn't be changed under the same mindset.

For accuracy sake? Why not gang links and remote reps on killmails then?

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

12Next page