These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Invite: One guest in our quarters

Author
Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#21 - 2016-02-22 18:00:36 UTC
Leovarian Lavitz wrote:
I feel that EVE's social aspect could be immensely improved if we were allowed to invite one guest into our quarters, to watch the market screen with them, to walk out and look at the host's ship/pod, and to simply be in the same quarters at the same time.

Thoughts?

There would have to be rules in place to prevent any "unusual" behavior.

1) You must ask your CEO for permission.
If you are the CEO then your directors must agree by a majority vote.

If are the CEO and are in control of at least 1/3 the directorship, a 3/4 vote of your corp membership is required.

If you are the CEO, control at least 1/3 of the directorship, and 1/4 of the corp membership then you must appeal to the members of your characters original NPC corp. In this case, a simple majority of members who vote must agree. This is to be determined by a straw poll requesting permission that must be available for 48 hours and linked in the NPC corps chat channel once every 4 hours.

If your CEO does not respond within 3 days, or you are already a member of an NPC corp, you must follow the voting procedures above with the NPC corp.

2) All CCP Devs (Falcon, Fozzie, Guard, Mimic, etc.) must received an invite. They do not count toward the 1 guest rule. They are in charge of the nights activities and their word is law. Any exploits determined during the course of following their orders must be exploited for personal gain.

If the visit is approved by the steps above, the following rules apply to the actual visit itself.

1) The lights must always be on.

2) Aura will be monitoring the meeting for any rule violations. Aura is necessary in case no CCP Dev is able to attend or parties to hard that they are unable to properly perform their duties.

3) Each gathering must partake in the time honored traditional hanger game of "Spin the Ship".

4) At least 3 of the 4 capsuleer feet (or N-1 if there is a number of feet that is different than 4 where N = the total number of capsuleer feet). This rule is necessary to help prevent any "unusual" behavior or at least make any violations of that rule "interesting".

5) THE DOOR MUST REMAIN OPEN AT ALL TIMES.

WAIT:

CCP will not open the door for us now. We do not know what lays behind the door!!!! Visits are now impossible because the question of what is behind the door cannot be answered.

What came first; the quarters or the door?

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2016-02-22 18:52:48 UTC
And I want minmatar strippers in my quarters... And a coffee machine too!
Pandora Bokks
Pangalactic Frontline Supply Agency
Externa Group
#23 - 2016-02-22 19:12:19 UTC
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
And I want minmatar strippers in my quarters... And a room refresher too!

FTFY
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2016-02-22 19:23:50 UTC
Leovarian Lavitz wrote:
I feel that EVE's social aspect could be immensely improved if we were allowed to invite one guest into our quarters
How does it even remotely make things social?
It's two avatars not interacting in any way whatsoever because no functionality for doing so exists, and without the interaction, you're just two people in the same place. That is not being social — that's just being there or being a creeper. The social aspects you're looking for are already in the game: EVE voice, chat, grouping up etc. Hell even shooting each other is more social than just hovering in the same room as someone.

I don't really want to go down the road of the classic “lol nerds can't be social” line of reasoning, but I'm wondering if you really understand the concept you're asking for…
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#25 - 2016-02-22 19:38:32 UTC
Scotsman Howard wrote:
Leovarian Lavitz wrote:
I feel that EVE's social aspect could be immensely improved if we were allowed to invite one guest into our quarters, to watch the market screen with them, to walk out and look at the host's ship/pod, and to simply be in the same quarters at the same time.

Thoughts?

There would have to be rules in place to prevent any "unusual" behavior.

1) You must ask your CEO for permission.
If you are the CEO then your directors must agree by a majority vote.

If are the CEO and are in control of at least 1/3 the directorship, a 3/4 vote of your corp membership is required.

If you are the CEO, control at least 1/3 of the directorship, and 1/4 of the corp membership then you must appeal to the members of your characters original NPC corp. In this case, a simple majority of members who vote must agree. This is to be determined by a straw poll requesting permission that must be available for 48 hours and linked in the NPC corps chat channel once every 4 hours.

If your CEO does not respond within 3 days, or you are already a member of an NPC corp, you must follow the voting procedures above with the NPC corp.

2) All CCP Devs (Falcon, Fozzie, Guard, Mimic, etc.) must received an invite. They do not count toward the 1 guest rule. They are in charge of the nights activities and their word is law. Any exploits determined during the course of following their orders must be exploited for personal gain.

If the visit is approved by the steps above, the following rules apply to the actual visit itself.

1) The lights must always be on.

2) Aura will be monitoring the meeting for any rule violations. Aura is necessary in case no CCP Dev is able to attend or parties to hard that they are unable to properly perform their duties.

3) Each gathering must partake in the time honored traditional hanger game of "Spin the Ship".

4) At least 3 of the 4 capsuleer feet (or N-1 if there is a number of feet that is different than 4 where N = the total number of capsuleer feet). This rule is necessary to help prevent any "unusual" behavior or at least make any violations of that rule "interesting".

5) THE DOOR MUST REMAIN OPEN AT ALL TIMES.

WAIT:

CCP will not open the door for us now. We do not know what lays behind the door!!!! Visits are now impossible because the question of what is behind the door cannot be answered.

What came first; the quarters or the door?

As someone from a devout Irish catholic family I have to say that's fairly lax, way too much wiggle room IMO
Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2016-02-22 23:56:44 UTC
Everyone line up with the ship in the background and stop looking around already!

A signature :o

Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#27 - 2016-02-24 03:00:30 UTC
Shallanna Yassavi wrote:
Everyone line up with the ship in the background and stop looking around already!

Are we doing a ship-spinning Conga line?

But, to the OP, I think the WiS folks have long been removed from CCP. Sad We can't even get a new station background (or even an old one re-applied, think "Quafe Pleasure Station".)
Alissa Solette
Emergency Exit
#28 - 2016-02-24 12:41:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Alissa Solette
Enough resources were wasted on Walking-in-Closet to last EVE a lifetime.

Wasting more resources to make it slightly less half-arsed will hardly improve the situation.

Either CCP would have to invest countless man years to make it worthwhile (in which case the player base will rebel as seen when CCP last wasted dev resources on the failure that is Incarna) or they should simply continue to ignore it and write it off as a terrible idea.
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#29 - 2016-02-24 12:44:20 UTC
why not just invite the hairy man behind the pretty avatar onto teamspeak then you can serenade each other irl

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#30 - 2016-02-24 13:09:49 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
This thread is stage 3.

Stage 3 because there are 4 stages of WiS Grief:

#1. Denial (of the fact that CCP has abandoned ever form of WiS development)

#2. Anger ("screw you CCP, WiS would have been so good and saved the game!!"")

#3. Bargaining: Just let me have ONE OTHER PERSON in my captains quarters!

Soon you will see the 4th stage, which is Depression (some are already there).

Amen.
Previous page12