These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Dust 514 Refugees?

Author
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#21 - 2016-02-24 03:08:06 UTC
Eanok wrote:
CCP should have no problems finding a place for all 7 dust players.

When I see Dust systems, it always seems like there are quite a few Dust players left. Was it an impossible task to port Dust514 to PC?
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#22 - 2016-02-24 03:37:35 UTC
Joia Crenca wrote:

When I see Dust systems, it always seems like there are quite a few Dust players left. Was it an impossible task to port Dust514 to PC?

There are actually quite a few. And no it wouldn't be impossible to do a port, but it wouldn't be worth the effort.
There are legacy systems in Dust which would hamstring any PC port of it, while building from the ground up allows them to take the good lessons from design while discarding the bad elements.
Not to mention all the console friendly menu's which are actually terrible to navigate with KB/M but consoles don't have enough buttons/finesse for more functions on.
Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#23 - 2016-02-24 04:36:53 UTC
I'm originally an Eve player who played Dust since closed beta and I still do.

What Dust University, sister corp of Eve University, is doing is ease the transition of the players who will likely choose to migrate over to the New Eden FPS for PC once the time comes. I'm keeping them active by hosting open forums lectures and such while we wait for the time that new game is announced at Fanfest.

It's amazing how many players have decided to stick with the game till the very end mainly because of the social aspect of the game. That is something Eve Online offers in spades and I know Eve players love the social part of the game. So while I'm doing my part in helping out the Dust Bunnies, you could do your part as well. This might actually be the best time to look for recruits and take advantage of the buddy invites you can all send out in the meantime to give the FPS players a true taste of New Eden.
Alissa Solette
Emergency Exit
#24 - 2016-02-24 12:33:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Alissa Solette
stg slate wrote:
What's with the pointless ridicule in this thread? CCP has a chance to pick up some dust bunnies into EVE at little cost if they have a migration plan in place.

Giving them a path to hop to EVE can only help overall, and they already have names/corps/SPs/ISK/etc.

Do you guys think there is too many players playing atm so you shoot down any idea that could bring a few people to EVE at no cost to you?

I think the number of Dust players that would be interested in playing EVE but are currently not playing EVE because of a missing "migration plan" is extremely small (like 5). It's not like the two games have anything in common except that they were both made by CCP.

If Dust people want to play EVE then nothing is stopping them.

I also think it's pointless to try and motivate more Dust players to migrate over to EVE - if they need extra incentive to do so then they're not worth having here.
Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#25 - 2016-02-24 23:36:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Rin Vocaloid2
Alissa Solette wrote:
stg slate wrote:
What's with the pointless ridicule in this thread? CCP has a chance to pick up some dust bunnies into EVE at little cost if they have a migration plan in place.

Giving them a path to hop to EVE can only help overall, and they already have names/corps/SPs/ISK/etc.

Do you guys think there is too many players playing atm so you shoot down any idea that could bring a few people to EVE at no cost to you?

I think the number of Dust players that would be interested in playing EVE but are currently not playing EVE because of a missing "migration plan" is extremely small (like 5). It's not like the two games have anything in common except that they were both made by CCP.

If Dust people want to play EVE then nothing is stopping them.

I also think it's pointless to try and motivate more Dust players to migrate over to EVE - if they need extra incentive to do so then they're not worth having here.

That's just your opinion. To me, incentives are always a great way to not only bring in recruits but also retain them. And if you believe that incentives shouldn't be necessary, perhaps you would be willing to give up using the Buddy Invite system for Eve Online since Eve players use them all the time to give incentive to new players to join and stay. You can also say that the new Skill Injector market has become an additional incentive and that's just covering players who already have a PC to begin with.

Also, don't say there is nothing stopping a Dust player from wanting to play Eve. I can give you ONE example of what can stop a Dust player from joining Eve.

Fanfest 2014: Dust 514 Keynote (aka Rouge Wedding)

PS: I'll be hosting an open forum in the Comms.D-UNI chat channel this weekend if anyone here is interested in talking to some Dust players for recruiting purposes and maybe even give them good advice on how to get an affordable PC rig for either Eve or the New Eden FPS for PC.

Details: https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=226629&find=unread
Ronin Kai
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#26 - 2016-02-25 01:28:10 UTC
I just hope after the DUST settles I can use the name I have in DUST in EVE. I'm too lazy to boot the ps3 to just biomass.
Previous page12