These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

EVE copyright violation

First post
Author
Astir Zekor
Doomheim
#21 - 2011-09-15 17:39:38 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:
Thank you for calling this to our attention. I am notifying the relevant parties in the company.

2 PLEXes pleaseBear Thats my fee you knowBear
Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#22 - 2011-09-15 17:45:00 UTC
CCP Fallout wrote:
Thank you for calling this to our attention. I am notifying the relevant parties in the company.

You just proved that CCP sucks at Eve.

The way something like that is handled around here is drop news-hints to all the larger online mags and fill their forums with junk posts!

Do you really need another lesson already? Big smile
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-09-15 17:49:34 UTC
Astir Zekor wrote:
Hi, I may be blind but isnt it raven on this page http://www.yoogames.com/planetwar/ on number 2 advertisement slide?

And if it is does CCP started selling they copyrighted matterial?

Edit: Here is the picture: http://imageshack.us/f/813/ravenv.jpg/

How rude!

Chinese company is it? j/k
Good catch. Smile
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#24 - 2011-09-15 17:50:59 UTC
Who cares, are are not CCP's police force.

That is THEIR problem, not ours.

CCP don't treat us well enough to go around protecting or promoting them.
saltrock0000
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2011-09-15 17:55:03 UTC
OMG guys I jsut had a epic idea for a game... People fly spaceships in clones, train skills in real time, can buy pretty things via a store... lets call it NeX for now.... lols cannot believe that blatant copywrite infringement on that link above..... CCP please keep us posted how you kick thier ass

\'''\<(o_O)>/'''/

Astir Zekor
Doomheim
#26 - 2011-09-15 18:08:30 UTC
Miilla wrote:

I don`t care too i just enjoy a good **** storm with popcorn, you should too, it may be pretty funny to watch hilmar vs chinese, they are at same level so should be interesting matchLol
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#27 - 2011-09-15 18:12:29 UTC
Miilla wrote:

Just out of curiousity - if CCP doesn't treat you well, why do you support them by playing EvE?? What's in it for you to continue giving money (yes, paying for an account in PLEX counts) to play a game you don't seem to enjoy and feel like its creators mistreat and ignore you?

....just trying to see where you're coming from.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#28 - 2011-09-15 18:13:22 UTC
thats not a game site. thats a scam. they took familiar assets from games like starcraft, star wars franchise and eve. They would never have the guts to release something like that as a game :)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Astir Zekor
Doomheim
#29 - 2011-09-15 18:18:12 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
thats not a game site. thats a scam. they took familiar assets from games like starcraft, star wars franchise and eve. They would never have the guts to release something like that as a game :)

Hehehe read my post #20, and yes i even created account there (with some fictional info ofc) and its really a game, most likely they have a joke of webmas... i couldnt spell it in regards to that fellow but you catch my drift i hopeTwisted
And its not they only game they have quite a few browser games.
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#30 - 2011-09-15 18:26:27 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:
Miilla wrote:

Just out of curiousity - if CCP doesn't treat you well, why do you support them by playing EvE?? What's in it for you to continue giving money (yes, paying for an account in PLEX counts) to play a game you don't seem to enjoy and feel like its creators mistreat and ignore you?

....just trying to see where you're coming from.

I quit paying them my yearly subscription money the day Incarna was released, somebody else can now pay for my trollage.

PLEX is fictional money for me, just like ISK.

Joe Skellington
Sarz'na Khumatari
#31 - 2011-09-15 18:28:39 UTC
Astir Zekor wrote:
Hi, I may be blind but isnt it raven on this page http://www.yoogames.com/planetwar/ on number 2 advertisement slide?

Not only that, but there is a Wormhole in the background.

Please note that ASCII art is not permitted in the forum signatures. Spitfire

Reeno Coleman
#32 - 2011-09-15 18:38:46 UTC
The whole site ripped of the Eve web page, look at the font, text coloring, menu items, etc ....
Taedrin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2011-09-15 19:09:14 UTC
Quote:

Planet War FAQ Part I: (Newbie Guide)

In order to make the game much easier and increase its interesting, we provide answers to some frequent questions. There are four kinds of questions of Newbie Preparation Guide, ABC Course, Base Construction, Fleet Building and Commander Upgrading.

Newbie Preparation

Q: Does it need to download the Planet War to Player’s computer?

A: Planet War is a Webgame that you can play in your browser without downloading any client software. Also don’t worry any special requirements to your computer hardware.

Q: Should Flash Plug-in be downloaded if the game page can’t be displayed normally?

A: Please promptly download the Plug-in of “flash_player.exe”.

Q: How to do if the function district is not displayed (or Script Error)?

A: Install Flash Plug-in of Adobe Flash Player 9.0 ActiveX could be downloaded on the official website: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/.

Q: How to do when it is difficult to load in the game?

A: 1. Refresh the loading page.

2. it’s advised to clear the cache of browser. Click Tool-IE Options to delete temporary files and load the game again.

ABC Course

Q: How to find my Main Star?

A: Your Main Star is not displayed in other players’ Star Map. Click Main Star Location in the bottom right corner of Galaxy Map to find your Main Star. You can quickly zoom in and out the map by rolling the scroll wheel of your mouse so as to find your location accurately.

Q: Where should I operate Main Quest?

A: Click the button of Exploration on the top of the screen to choose the main quests.

Q: Will the galaxy I occupied be attacked?

A: in the game, your main galaxy is absolutely safe and will not be attacked by other players. But the new Base occupied by upgrading Advanced Engineering could be attacked by others. The galaxy occupied by your new Base will be taken away and your new Base will be vacant.

Q: How to use VIP card?

A: Firstly, click Claim VIP Card to obtain your VIP Card Activationg Code, then click Start Play and click the inverted triangle district displayed on the top of Character Portrait in the bottom left corner. Choose VIP Card from pop-up button and type in the Activation Code to get the reward.

Q: How to obtain Star Coin?

A: The methods you can obtain Star Coin are as follows.

(1)Click the bottom right button of Trade and choose Trade in the pop-up interface to gain Star Coin by selling your resources.

(2)Buy the credit card in the Mall and obtain Star Coin by using the credit card.

(3)Complete bounty quests. Click stars with super purity and choose bounty. Dispatch your fleet and fight for the Star Coin. You will gain Star Coin after success in fighting.

(4)Complete main quests.

Q: How to claim the quest rewards?

A: Click the Quest of bottom left corner to choose relative quest with marks of Claiming, which means it is not be claimed. Click button Claiming and you will get the rewards.

Q: how many kinds of resources in this game? How to increase the yield?

A: there are three kinds of resources which are Metal, Crystal and Fuel (also known as particle). Improve the plant levels separately of them will increase their yield. There are another 2 mineral occurrences whose upper limitation is 50000 (yield will not exceed the upper limit). Expect for fuel, these 2 occurrences are exclusive.

yoogames perfectly strikes The English Language, wrecking for Terrible Grammar
Alundil
Rolled Out
#34 - 2011-09-15 19:39:07 UTC
Astir Zekor wrote:

LOL CCP is about to War Dec YooGames and PlanetWar...shooting begins in 24 hours.

PlanetWar immediately docks and logs.

I'm right behind you

Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#35 - 2011-09-15 19:48:45 UTC
Astir Zekor wrote:

Looks like they ripped the source from the eveonline.com website and implanted whatever they wanted.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#36 - 2011-09-15 19:53:52 UTC
yay \0/ just had my first gank on the new forums,, anyhooo,,, the cheeky bastards,,, CCP fire yo lazors !Lol
Valeo Galaem
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2011-09-15 20:02:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Valeo Galaem
When EVE China came out (remember it's not run by CCP, only licensed) the front page was covered in Star Wars ships, and the flash played the soundtrack from Halo.

Not even joking.

Standalone Windows build of ccpgames/dae-to-red

https://github.com/Nu11u5/dae-to-red/releases

Astir Zekor
Doomheim
#38 - 2011-09-15 20:09:59 UTC
Valeo Galaem wrote:
When EVE China came out (remember it's not run by CCP, only licensed) the front page was covered in Star Wars ships, and the flash played the soundtrack from Halo.

Not even joking.

Thats.... just disgusting.... looks like someone just googled "spaceships" and put whatever it showed up on main page, that sort of "buisness" practice should be exterminated with extreme prejudice....
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2011-09-15 20:12:17 UTC
Valeo Galaem wrote:

Not even joking.

Sorry, but that's a bit offensive.. to HALO. Lol
Perramas
DreddNaut
#40 - 2011-09-15 20:13:05 UTC
Dont you all know part of the deal to do business in China is you have to give up all your technology and intellectual property rights.
If Apple couldnt get the the government of china to stop the Hi Phone(a copyed I phone) you wont stop them from using art assets.

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people- Eleanor Roosevelt

Previous page123Next page