These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Watchlist changes incoming.

Author
BayneNothos
United Electro-Magnetic Federation
Business Alliance of Manufacturers and Miners
#1 - 2016-02-21 02:59:06 UTC
From EVE NT

http://imgur.com/7frnn2x

TL;DR: Online status only shown when the watchlisting is mutual.

I'm sure most of us are going to adjust just fine, especially those of us who have a few accounts / a ton of dudes and can sprinkle scout alts around the place.

I'm a bit worried about the smaller (<10 in corp) entities I see everywhere in lower W space these days tho. The only real way to protect themselves from a camper has been the watchlist.

I'm also sad I'm going to have to set my clients to auto reject convo's to plug that intel hole.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#2 - 2016-02-21 05:26:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Miton
Eh, sure it makes thing a bit harder but that's a good thing.
The watchlist never really made sense to work the way it did.

PS: could be neat to introduce something like a locator agent that could ping your watchlist and tell you who's online if they're in kspace.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-02-21 22:28:24 UTC
how has this gotten through. i would have expected all the titan hunters would be up in arms over their watchlists?

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Apex Bex
Princess Aiko Hold My Hand
Safety. Net
#4 - 2016-02-21 23:45:43 UTC
I've used watch lists when hunting and have in turn been hunted with the assistance of watch lists and I think this is pretty damn awful for W-Space in general to remove it.

You see a Depot, MTU or wrecks on D-Scan but no ships, you can at least see if the owner is even logged on and make appropriate preparations. Now you may as well just move on to the next system unless you feel like camping the system for a few hours on nothing more than wishful thinking.

I know there are those that think it's game breaking intel, but I see it as game making intel. If you can't see them in local, at least give me the opportunity to see if they're even online.

All I see here is more hours wasted hunting those that aren't even there.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#5 - 2016-02-22 07:10:58 UTC
Some organisations have people with more hours to waste than others. For some people, they don't have what would normally be called an attention span. I mean, by way of analogy, have you ever seen a gold fish close its eyes? Those sort of people with that sort of intellect, when crammed into a wormhole, will sit there gulping bubbles mindlessly because they think it's cool. Lack of watchlists won't affect them.
Persephone Alleile
Tartarus Covert Operations
#6 - 2016-02-22 13:57:25 UTC
Yeah without local the watchlists can be really helpful, it can make the difference between sitting around watching a pos for hours or knowing that the pilot you saw warp out of there 10 minutes ago has logged off.

That said, I do know some players who constantly leave all their alts logged in while on an extended hunt just to mess with their prey and make watchlisting them pointless. In this case maybe getting rid of watchlists could be considered a coup for environmentally minded eve players Pirate.

It's definitely a mixed bag, I've used watchlists to get intel before, but it's not something I couldn't live without. Making people work for their intel isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2016-02-22 22:11:41 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
have you ever seen a gold fish close its eyes? .

I just naturally assumed they closed their eyes when i closed mine... like some sort of cheap parlor trick

Droidster
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-02-23 22:09:31 UTC
Iyokus Patrouette wrote:
how has this gotten through. i would have expected all the titan hunters would be up in arms over their watchlists?

What you are forgetting is all the devs and other insiders that have titans.
gaymeuh
Eureka holding
#9 - 2016-02-23 23:02:27 UTC
If you remove the watch list also removes the local in 0.0 ....
Leeluvv
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2016-02-24 22:18:18 UTC
Citadels and the removal of contact watch lists is going to have a bigger impact on wormholes than many realise, as you are removing a huge amount of intelligence/situation awareness. All we'll have left is the equivalent of null-sec roams, but in wormhole space instead.
unimatrix0030
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-02-25 06:33:32 UTC
Maybe it is time to start thinking of getting more active ways of getting intel.
Not just eyes in system but maybe something else?
With added benefits but with disadvantages... .

No local in null sec would fix everything!

Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2016-02-25 06:57:52 UTC
unimatrix0030 wrote:
Maybe it is time to start thinking of getting more active ways of getting intel.
Not just eyes in system but maybe something else?
With added benefits but with disadvantages... .

Newbros in herons on every wormhole and at every POS?

Willy Shattner
La French Camaraderie
#13 - 2016-02-25 07:48:02 UTC
Watchlist removed , no possibility to see who is connected in citadel , end of PVP corp in wormhole ........................

But maybe it is what ccp dream ...............
unimatrix0030
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2016-02-25 22:59:56 UTC  |  Edited by: unimatrix0030
If i remeber correctly, we asked to be able to see how many people are online in the citadel when cloaked(show info showing who is online).
More info should be availabe when using a ship/cargo scanner on the citadel(in wich ships).
That would be a good example of befinits and disadvantages.
Lets hope ccp implements it this way.
Not sure if they even mentioned that in the devblogs.
Now we need to think of something similar just for finding people... .

No local in null sec would fix everything!

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#15 - 2016-02-25 23:10:53 UTC
Welcome to Monday

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Apollo Eros
Percussive Diplomacy
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#16 - 2016-02-26 01:09:03 UTC
It has been a while since I used a locator agent. But do they not provide the ability to let you know if the user is online or not?

[Triple OG LVL 5 Space Wizard]

Michael1995
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#17 - 2016-02-26 01:56:05 UTC
Now all they need to do is start reducing the lifetime and spawnrate of wormhole connections...

Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

Apex Bex
Princess Aiko Hold My Hand
Safety. Net
#18 - 2016-02-26 03:06:40 UTC
Apollo Eros wrote:
It has been a while since I used a locator agent. But do they not provide the ability to let you know if the user is online or not?

A locator doesn't work on people in Wormholes at all, you just get some canned response saying they're out of the agent's scope of influence. So not only do you not know where they are, you also don't know if they're logged in.
Sten Taxi
Bees Nutz
Unlimited Epiphany
#19 - 2016-02-26 08:39:56 UTC
Michael1995 wrote:
Now all they need to do is start reducing the lifetime and spawnrate of wormhole connections...

They did that over 6 months ago.

I agree with watchlists going though, it is an overpowered intel tool. The main drawback being esclations just got even safer.
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#20 - 2016-02-27 01:45:49 UTC  |  Edited by: helana Tsero
Removal of watchlists is concerning as it removes another intel tool and makes time wasting more likely.

Larger concern is that we will no longer have ships floating in force fields after citadels. With no local, ships floating (after piloted verification) was one of best indicators if a wormhole was active and maybe gearing up for some PVE/PVP activity. If u had piloted floating ships it was worthwhile to put a scout on the POS to see if fun times could be had.

Content in wormholes is gong to be much harder to find after Spring.. We are basically limited to endless warping through chains pinging dscan for wrecks, rage rolling or seeding now.. Sad

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

123Next page