These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

courier Contract Explain

Author
torric Roma
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-02-22 04:31:07 UTC
so I have a question about the Courier Contract, Does it essentially mean (under the line)

i have lets say, 1 billion ISK of Items, and lets say i cant bring it to lets say Jita, (for whatever reason), so i make a Courier contract, ( with reward to the courier and collateral and all that fun) and he takes it to Jita, Then what happens at the Contract? it comes back to me? or does it break and all the items in the contract return to me? and cant the Courier take it and sell it for his own gain?
Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#2 - 2016-02-22 05:34:30 UTC
When someone accepts your courier contract they have a few options.

1. They can deliver your goods to the destination. They will complete the contract which will close it for you. that will deliver your items to your hanger or your corp deliveries if it was a corp contract.
2. They can accept your contract and then break open the package. This will void the contract. You will get your collateral and they will keep your items.
3. They can accept your contract and then just let it sit in their hanger. Once it expires they can still deliver it or you can fail the contract. If you fail the contract they get to keep your items and you get the collateral.

Hopefully that explains things well enough for you.
KL
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#3 - 2016-02-22 06:38:09 UTC
You have a bunch of items in Dodixie you want moved to Jita.

You post a contract with collateral 1 billion, and reward 10 million. At this point your wallet drops 10 million plus a (tiny) fee. You set times - I usually have the contract fail after 48 hours (24 if I'm scamming) and leave it up for 2 weeks.

A hauler takes on the contract. Their wallet immediately drops 1 billion (the collateral). They get a parcel they can look inside.

If they like what's in the parcel, they can intentionally fail the contract. In this situation, you get your 10 million back, plus the billion from the hauler, and they keep the stuff. This might also happen to the hauler by accident (if they forget the contract or get ganked)

Otherwise, when the hauler lands at Jita, they get their billion back, plus your ten million.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com