These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Docking Undocking Changes

Author
Eternus8lux8lucis
Duckzer Mining Corporation
RAZOR Alliance
#1 - 2016-02-17 05:31:51 UTC
First of all gotta say the persistence of the camera angle and zoom is great. Thanx CCP!!

My question isnt a serious one more of a cosmetic one. As I dock and undock I notice at the initial split second undocking and the last possible moment before the screen changes to the docking interior there is a slight shimmy much like the twisting effect of the gate jump animation but lasts only a split second. Its like the camera is snapping to that position in a fraction of a second.

Im wondering if anyone else is getting that and what that is?

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2 - 2016-02-17 06:07:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:

No. I don't get that.

What happens is when I hit the undock button (or attempt to dock, as the case may be), a little ship tows me from my ship berth to the launching area and gently nudges me out into the big empty.

It's pretty cool the first few times, but starts to wear thin after a while. The whole process from dock to space is nearly a full minute.

Mr Epeen Cool
Eternus8lux8lucis
Duckzer Mining Corporation
RAZOR Alliance
#3 - 2016-02-17 06:09:46 UTC
Thanx Mr Epeen..... you are so... WOW!! Awesome!! ShockedLol

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Memphis Baas
#4 - 2016-02-17 11:05:10 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
The whole process from dock to space is nearly a full minute.

You're complaining about 1 minute? DOCKING takes 45 minutes, rinsing off all that pod goo, redoing my hair, reapplying makeup, picking an outfit to wear, and finally striking a pose and taking yet another selfie because the Neocom boards demand an updated profile.
Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#5 - 2016-02-17 19:01:47 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
No. I don't get that.

What happens is when I hit the undock button (or attempt to dock, as the case may be), a little ship tows me from my ship berth to the launching area and gently nudges me out into the big empty.

It's pretty cool the first few times, but starts to wear thin after a while. The whole process from dock to space is nearly a full minute.

Mr Epeen Cool

The really annoying part is when they try to push a few ships out at the same time, and it clogs the docking bay. Then you have to call in five other little ships to shove you all out.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#6 - 2016-02-19 08:33:38 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:

No. I don't get that.

Mr Epeen Cool

What the

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jacques d'Orleans
#7 - 2016-02-19 15:10:13 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

You're complaining about 1 minute? DOCKING takes 45 minutes, rinsing off all that pod goo, redoing my hair, reapplying makeup, picking an outfit to wear, and finally striking a pose and taking yet another selfie because the Neocom boards demand an updated profile.

All that AND picking an outfit in 45 minutes?
Maybe i should make my wife play EVE. Big smile
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#8 - 2016-02-19 16:10:07 UTC
Why is that Providence taking so long to undock? "Because she has to get her hair just right."

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#9 - 2016-02-20 14:45:50 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

the Neocom boards demand an updated profile.

That's what I thought, "We'd rather not have you sending us pictures of yourself.", they said.

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#10 - 2016-02-21 05:41:06 UTC
You try fitting into this shirt every time you enter your captain's quarters.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2016-02-21 12:50:41 UTC
I'm okay with you not fitting into clothes at all in my CQ actually.