These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

XL Citadels require Sov?

First post
Author
Ace Aideron
Red Falcon Group
#1 - 2016-02-20 22:10:35 UTC
I heard a rumor recently that deploying / anchoring an XL Citadel in nullsec may require having Sov.

Any chance someone from CCP can confirm or deny?

Everything I've heard and read so far says XLs can be anchored in any system, regardless of Sov.

Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#2 - 2016-02-20 22:19:56 UTC
Ace Aideron wrote:
Everything I've heard and read so far says XLs can be anchored in any system, regardless of Sov.

That is correct.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2016-02-20 22:28:19 UTC
I'd expect not Jita though

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Zappity
Kurved Trading
#4 - 2016-02-21 01:03:48 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
I'd expect not Jita though

Yes, it's been confirmed that these won't be in Jita.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#5 - 2016-02-21 04:48:23 UTC
I know they have said that citadels will be unavailable in specific key systems, but has anyone heard if Thera is one of the systems we can't anchor in? I am sure there could be lots of interesting things happen there if we can.
Ace Aideron
Red Falcon Group
#6 - 2016-02-21 06:40:20 UTC
I understand the restrictions wrt WHs, Jita and so on.

What I was trying to ask is whether there are now plans to change the XL anchoring rules from what was previously announced....

If Sov is no longer required to have what amounts to a Station, and with some / most of the system upgrade features apparently now being moved into Citadel modules, what benefits remain for having / holding Sov? The effect on renters will be interesting.
Wander Prian
Nosferatu Security Foundation
#7 - 2016-02-21 12:12:46 UTC
Kyra Lee wrote:
I know they have said that citadels will be unavailable in specific key systems, but has anyone heard if Thera is one of the systems we can't anchor in? I am sure there could be lots of interesting things happen there if we can.

No Citadels in shattered-systems, including Thera

Wormholer for life.