These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

***Petition*** Petition to keep the refitting mechanic as is!

Author
Creecher Virpio
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#241 - 2016-02-17 18:41:03 UTC
ITT: people who have no idea how triage works.

Combat triage is the most fun I'v ever had in eve online, there is an immense amount of pressure. its your job to keep the fleet alive, as well as yourself. You are 100% cut off as soon as you hit that triage button. It's up to you and your refitting abilities, capacitor management, situational awareness (oh ****, slippery pete fleet, better fit some kin/therm) what drug will you pop? Will they have high dps or are you taking neut pressure? BLUE PILL/EXILE OR MINDFLOOD) theyre switiching to me now! time to go max tank! theyre only doing around 35k dps, so i can hold with some moderate overheating, hopefully till i coast out. shoot, they just brought 4+ dreads. rip triage fc.

what will it be like with no refitting?

stupid simple. jump in with 2 adaptives/2 enams, and the rest cap mods.(this is the typical sweet spot with cap/tank) time to go into triage. maybe you knew they were bringing petes, or a t3 fleet? good, you mitigate that with a kin and therm hardener. oh someone came the third party in some other fleet comp? damn, now theyre doing more than 15k dps, so im going to die. oh 2 dreads even though the fleet is leaving me alone? nothing i can do but die.

so much more fun huh? nope. boring, now im just another f1-4 monkey applying reps and hoping the situation doesnt change, cause im stuck in place.

we're slowcats(remote repping combat carriers) and supers op? yes. but, you fixed that. having more supers no longer adds to the safety of the group. now its a matter of who chew through each others supply of fax machines.

so, you've solved the wrecking ball problem. now they have to used vulnerable logistics ships that do not add strength to each other, unless you're trying to wipe the dps off the field first.

but you aren't stopping there. You want to remove one of the last abilities that an individual pilot can truly make a difference with if he has the skill. combat refitting when you are getting primaried by a 75 man fleet is not easy, despite what some people think. You took the same approach to jump mechanics. you nerfed the range, and then also nerfed the rate at which you could travel. this made many players unhappy. you cut the legs off of capitals, and then cut their arms off as well. You could've just done one, and then if it wasn't what you wanted, you couldve added the other portion in as well. (granted, I was not finished my capital train before the phoebe jump changes were deployed)

Now, I agree that carrier and supers reffiting in the new meta could possibly be removed. I 100% agree with removing combat refitting from sub capitals. Capitals are a special class of ship, and should have special abilities. You said you wanted people to be scared of capitals, make them truly something to be feared? then don't make triage just a big logi cruiser that cant move, or dreads an immobile battleship. Triage combat refitting, and by extension dread refitting, are some of the best examples of emergent game-play. Im sure you all have heard of the white whale, or at least any competent triage pilot has. that **** right theres is a prime example of Player skill.

CCP, please reconsider removing combat refitting from fax machines and dreads, or at least wait and see if what you are intending to force onto capital fights happens without removing combat refitting. This is one of the last Place's that true player skills can shine, and eve online would be a much much poorer experience for everyone with its removal.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#242 - 2016-02-17 19:15:35 UTC
biz Antollare wrote:

this isnt a place to debate the petition. you either sign a petition or you dont.... nice alt post .

...and this isn't the place to hold a petition. This is the Player Features and Ideas Discussion, 'discussion' being the operative word. This is not a place for barleyjacks to pester people to sign a petition (as worthless as it is, in this context, considering the odds of CCP paying heed to this are probably infinitesimal) - this is a discussion forum, not a soapbox.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Faren Shalni
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#243 - 2016-02-17 22:20:56 UTC
Creecher Virpio wrote:

Combat triage is the most fun I'v ever had in eve online, there is an immense amount of pressure. its your job to keep the fleet alive, as well as yourself. You are 100% cut off as soon as you hit that triage button. It's up to you and your refitting abilities, capacitor management, situational awareness (oh ****, slippery pete fleet, better fit some kin/therm) what drug will you pop? Will they have high dps or are you taking neut pressure? BLUE PILL/EXILE OR MINDFLOOD) theyre switiching to me now! time to go max tank! theyre only doing around 35k dps, so i can hold with some moderate overheating, hopefully till i coast out. shoot, they just brought 4+ dreads. rip triage fc.

stupid simple. jump in with 2 adaptives/2 enams, and the rest cap mods.(this is the typical sweet spot with cap/tank) time to go into triage. maybe you knew they were bringing petes, or a t3 fleet? good, you mitigate that with a kin and therm hardener. oh someone came the third party in some other fleet comp? damn, now theyre doing more than 15k dps, so im going to die. oh 2 dreads even though the fleet is leaving me alone? nothing i can do but die.

so much more fun huh? nope. boring, now im just another f1-4 monkey applying reps and hoping the situation doesnt change, cause im stuck in place.

we're slowcats(remote repping combat carriers) and supers op? yes. but, you fixed that. having more supers no longer adds to the safety of the group. now its a matter of who chew through each others supply of fax machines.

so, you've solved the wrecking ball problem. now they have to used vulnerable logistics ships that do not add strength to each other, unless you're trying to wipe the dps off the field first.

but you aren't stopping there. You want to remove one of the last abilities that an individual pilot can truly make a difference with if he has the skill. combat refitting when you are getting primaried by a 75 man fleet is not easy, despite what some people think. You took the same approach to jump mechanics. you nerfed the range, and then also nerfed the rate at which you could travel. this made many players unhappy. you cut the legs off of capitals, and then cut their arms off as well. You could've just done one, and then if it wasn't what you wanted, you couldve added the other portion in as well. (granted, I was not finished my capital train before the phoebe jump changes were deployed)

Now, I agree that carrier and supers reffiting in the new meta could possibly be removed. I 100% agree with removing combat refitting from sub capitals. Capitals are a special class of ship, and should have special abilities. You said you wanted people to be scared of capitals, make them truly something to be feared? then don't make triage just a big logi cruiser that cant move, or dreads an immobile battleship. Triage combat refitting, and by extension dread refitting, are some of the best examples of emergent game-play. Im sure you all have heard of the white whale, or at least any competent triage pilot has. that **** right theres is a prime example of Player skill.

CCP, please reconsider removing combat refitting from fax machines and dreads, or at least wait and see if what you are intending to force onto capital fights happens without removing combat refitting. This is one of the last Place's that true player skills can shine, and eve online would be a much much poorer experience for everyone with its removal.

I suggest you put this in the actual thread......highly doubtful they will listen here

So Much Space

Aerich e'Kieron
Peace.Keepers
#244 - 2016-02-20 23:45:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Aerich e'Kieron
Creecher Virpio wrote:

So much this.