These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

So these ORE ships.

Author
Navie
Tharion Star
#1 - 2016-02-20 05:02:48 UTC
I could not find a more appropriate place to post this. . . just some quick feedback on the new default ORE skins.

*sarcastic rant don't take it too srsly you have been warned*

I can only imagine the art direction was: "Make them look like people who fly them feel, desperate for suicide" because they visually hurt to look at now. ESPECIALLY the bowhead... all of them really, but SERIOUSLY THE BOWHEAD? By far the worst offender.

Its like sitting around the office someone said "Hey did you play that part of Fallout 4 where you can make green paint by mixing blue and yellow, or you can just repaint the green giant with blue and or yellow paint?" Then a fight broke out over which color they liked best and somehow the ship got painted 1/3 blue, and 1/3 yellow by 2 different people out of agreement which parts should be painted in the first place, and each after having painted only 1/3 of the ship decided rather than arguing and or finishing the job they would publish it "as is" and go out for a drink instead.

The whole collection of default ore skins is like "yellow is under-represented in the game so just put more of it wherever" :/ not cool guys. Work out something less. . . awful. . . please. Even if you decide to sell us alternatives on the aur store. Im begging you, please anything but what we have now.
Kyra Lee
Ixian Machines
#2 - 2016-02-20 05:25:09 UTC
God help your eyes if you ever use an Interbus ship skin...

Catalyst
Alea
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2016-02-20 05:41:05 UTC
Navie wrote:
I could not find a more appropriate place to post this. . . just some quick feedback on the new default ORE skins.

*sarcastic rant don't take it too srsly you have been warned*

I can only imagine the art direction was: "Make them look like people who fly them feel, desperate for suicide" because they visually hurt to look at now. ESPECIALLY the bowhead... all of them really, but SERIOUSLY THE BOWHEAD? By far the worst offender.

Its like sitting around the office someone said "Hey did you play that part of Fallout 4 where you can make green paint by mixing blue and yellow, or you can just repaint the green giant with blue and or yellow paint?" Then a fight broke out over which color they liked best and somehow the ship got painted 1/3 blue, and 1/3 yellow by 2 different people out of agreement which parts should be painted in the first place, and each after having painted only 1/3 of the ship decided rather than arguing and or finishing the job they would publish it "as is" and go out for a drink instead.

The whole collection of default ore skins is like "yellow is under-represented in the game so just put more of it wherever" :/ not cool guys. Work out something less. . . awful. . . please. Even if you decide to sell us alternatives on the aur store. Im begging you, please anything but what we have now.



CCP wants you to shell out more money to buy skins to make them less ugly, they've been bitten by the greed bug so it's anybody's guess to what financial shenanigans they will pull in the future.

Whomever is making the last few years decisions on what changes are to be implemented in this game, must hate Eve with all their being.

Shallanna Yassavi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-02-20 06:04:56 UTC
The newbies will fall for it. At least, some of them will.

They all get the advice that the best way to start is by mining...

A signature :o

Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-02-20 06:32:10 UTC
For all my sins in this game, and there have been many, the ones who tell newbies that are the most evil.

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Yarosara Ruil
Haighare Pirates
#6 - 2016-02-20 09:15:13 UTC
Kiddoomer
The Red Sequence
#7 - 2016-02-20 09:33:55 UTC
Well, I'm more concerned about the Retriever/Mackinaw Hull that literally died some days ago, not cool, I want my moving pistons back Evil

And yes, yellow is definitely a industrial colour for vehicles like Yarosara Ruil said, but it's not very well done on the mining ships.

In the name of Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen : “Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.”

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#8 - 2016-02-20 09:55:14 UTC
I think they look great with both default and dev edition skins. Very industrial, though the dev edition ones look almost too clean hehe.

The Drake is a Lie

Elite Harvester
Elite Harvesters
#9 - 2016-02-20 11:06:56 UTC
They look fine.

High visibility paint jobs make sense for an industrial ship. It also helps your local law enforcement spot them more easily for surprise inspections and audits.

Safety first. Lol

Visit www.MinerBumping.com to find out how you can help save Highsec.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#10 - 2016-02-20 12:24:14 UTC
Calm down, miners.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Josef Djugashvilis
#11 - 2016-02-20 13:20:06 UTC
Kyra Lee wrote:
God help your eyes if you ever use an Interbus ship skin...

Catalyst


Actually, these are by far my favourite colour schemes.

This is not a signature.

Forum Toon
Doomheim
#12 - 2016-02-20 14:53:48 UTC
we need ORE skin for catalyst. it will close the circle.
Jacques d'Orleans
#13 - 2016-02-20 15:10:38 UTC
Kyra Lee wrote:
God help your eyes if you ever use an Interbus ship skin...

Catalyst


TBH, that skin looks like a handbag designed by Yves Saint Pissoir! Big smileCool
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-02-20 15:44:29 UTC
Industrial colors.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Xeator
soldiers.fi
#15 - 2016-02-20 16:07:05 UTC
What they did though, was screw over ORE skin owners.

The ORE skin looks ugly as **** now, and the default skin looks more like the previous ORE skin...

So yeah, nice job CCP.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#16 - 2016-02-20 16:31:59 UTC
It's a subtle hint for a career change...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#17 - 2016-02-20 17:50:21 UTC
Well, Skiff isn't that bad... the Noctis rocks in yellow... the Bowhead is just asking for soemone to put an end to its misery... and the Orca haves a... daring... scheme with blue and yellow (complementary colors side by side? That's fashionable in IcelandReykjavik Somewhere!). As for the "Development" skin... now it's more uniform acorss the board, but the Orca version is uglier than the one I bought. Wouldn't buy it now if the Orca normal skin wasn't so... daring.

This said, mining megamachines come either in yellow, white or red. I don't think they come in blue, except cranes, maybe. Same goes for green.
Navie
Tharion Star
#18 - 2016-02-20 21:41:10 UTC


Except CCP is still doing it wrong. "Randomly apply Yellow" isn't the same as "Make it look like construction equipment"
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#19 - 2016-02-20 23:24:53 UTC
Overall, mining, i enjoy as part of the gathering and building parts of the gather/build/destroy triad.
Still, it's only been about 15% of my time in EvE.
Actually looking at ships up close stopped a few weeks in and now is only for determining fits.


Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Yarosara Ruil
Haighare Pirates
#20 - 2016-02-21 00:00:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Yarosara Ruil
Navie wrote:
Except CCP is still doing it wrong. "Randomly apply Yellow" isn't the same as "Make it look like construction equipment"


Oh, I'm terribly sorry! But I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome my yellow highlighted Procurer is.

And it's not random, since originally the Procurer was yellow before the Physical Based Rendering gave it blue decals.

If anything, it was restored to its former CAT yellow magnificence. What we need now is a Guristas Procurer.
12Next page