These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

star citizen - Will Eve be OK?

First post
Author
Bradstone
Caldari Advanced War Technologies
#1 - 2016-02-19 13:01:44 UTC
Just before I finish lunch, Star Citizen with 108 million USD of funding looks really good.

I'm wondering what CCP will do for Eve to ensure it remains strong in this looming shadow soon to hit the gaming world.

Discuss!
Memphis Baas
#2 - 2016-02-19 13:15:28 UTC
Bradstone wrote:
Star Citizen [...] soon.

Quite a few people doubt that Star Citizen is any more than a scam to get people to pay for a promise.

CCP could promise to implement Walking in Stations and other such projects, if we pay them now $100, $500, $1000 "backer" packages, and then follow SC's lead; if they actually deliver, CCP also delivers; if they're a scam, ditto CCP.

That's what they can do.
James Tiberius Kirk
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-02-19 13:16:25 UTC
Just asking, has anyone actually played the game as they described it (not just dog fighting)? All I'm seeing is just some tech demos, trailers, and convention footage that is clearly very scripted.
CAPTA1N OBVIOUS
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-02-19 13:19:37 UTC
Quote:
I'm wondering what CCP will do for Eve to ensure it remains strong in this looming shadow soon to hit the gaming world.

CCP will obviously be jumping for joy when the Space-WOW dregs are siphoned off from the game by this scamtastic honeytrap.
Cassius Rex
Worthless Carebears
The Initiative.
#5 - 2016-02-19 13:26:49 UTC
Bradstone wrote:
Just before I finish lunch, Star Citizen with 108 million USD of funding looks really good.

Discuss!

Hopefully they'll ignore it, like that did SWG, SWTOR, Black Prophecy, Jumpgate, Star Trek Online and Elite (those just off the top of my head)...You know, all those other games whose coming spelled the end of EVE over the last 13 years.
Luna Bowman
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-02-19 14:06:04 UTC
Bradstone wrote:

Discuss!

You mean 108 million USD scammed money, that probably wont turn into anything playable, like, ever? :) If anything, i think, it will end up lke that: someone will get pissed, sue the SC studio, get the guy jailed, and his money back, and that will be the end of it.
Dibz
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-02-19 14:08:59 UTC
CCP won't do anything, as they are very different games.
Torothin
Crimson Dawn Enterprises
#8 - 2016-02-19 14:50:59 UTC
it's basically a spitting image of Elite Dangerous. End game content and conquest are pretty much non existent,
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-02-19 15:01:54 UTC
Having "played" the demo so far (in which there was absolutely nothing to do aside from walk around), yes, EVE will be just fine.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Pix Severus
Empty You
#10 - 2016-02-19 15:04:49 UTC
I heard that Snake Oil Citizen will come with PvP flags, if that's true then it is no danger to EVE.

Do you even lose your ship for good if it dies? If so, how many carebears are going to risk that shiny ship they bought in the cash shop by turning their PvP flag on? I'll answer that for you: none.

Just seems to me like a shallow game with nice graphics. It has potential, but considering who is developing it, it'll be a miracle if it even gets released let alone reaches that potential. I'll keep an eye on it's development regardless.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#11 - 2016-02-19 15:10:09 UTC
As there is a Star Citizen already open in OOPE, I will lock this thread as redundant.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.