These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Orbital camera

First post
Author
Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#1 - 2016-02-17 13:25:50 UTC
omg the changes on sisi for the camera... within 20 - 30 seconds of logging in i started to feel ill from motion sickness.

the constant swishing and zooming into the ship. i have had to stop using that camera just so i dont puke.
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2016-02-17 15:05:11 UTC
Did you try altering the settings in the ESC menu? I have heard reports that unselecting Dynamic FOV and increasing the speed to maximum greatly assists those suffering from nausea.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#3 - 2016-02-17 15:41:20 UTC
i removed all the settings in the esc menu, they didnt seem to have any effect on it.
Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#4 - 2016-02-17 16:01:52 UTC
as soon as the server is backup, i will try to record it, if its still present
Artemis Dalvik
Arxersize Industries
#5 - 2016-02-17 19:36:12 UTC
It really does seem more theatrical and not actually useful. If I cant quickly see whats going on in a fight thats a problem.
adriaans
Ankaa.
Nair Al-Zaurak
#6 - 2016-02-17 23:24:44 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Did you try altering the settings in the ESC menu? I have heard reports that unselecting Dynamic FOV and increasing the speed to maximum greatly assists those suffering from nausea.

It doesn't matter what settings I use with the new camera, I suffer within a minute from extremely bad nausea.

If the "force everyone to use new camera" change goes through as reports say, I will be completely unable the play this game I have played for nearly 10 years now!

----True oldschool solo pvp'er---- My latest vid: Insanity IV

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2016-02-18 10:14:41 UTC
adriaans wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

It doesn't matter what settings I use with the new camera, I suffer within a minute from extremely bad nausea.

If the "force everyone to use new camera" change goes through as reports say, I will be completely unable the play this game I have played for nearly 10 years now!

Ncc 1709 wrote:
i removed all the settings in the esc menu, they didnt seem to have any effect on it.

But just to confirm, you have set camera speed to maximum, and disabled dynamic field of view and ship speed offset (all of these at the same time) and are still experiencing nausea? Would you mind telling me about other games and RL activities that might prompt you to feel nausea or experience motion sickness?

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

adriaans
Ankaa.
Nair Al-Zaurak
#8 - 2016-02-18 10:33:02 UTC  |  Edited by: adriaans
CCP Goliath wrote:
adriaans wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

Ncc 1709 wrote:

But just to confirm, you have set camera speed to maximum, and disabled dynamic field of view and ship speed offset (all of these at the same time) and are still experiencing nausea? Would you mind telling me about other games and RL activities that might prompt you to feel nausea or experience motion sickness?

Yes, confirmed.

IRL, have no issues with motion sickness for anything, cars, planes, trains, boats (I love being on sea in strong weather) is all fine.

I have never in any game become sick as I became from this new camera.
The one thing in other games that can make me uncomfortable is very high amounts of motion blur, but nothing even close to whatever this camera did. (edit; extremely narrov FOV in games also makes me uncomfortable playing)

It probably goes without saying, no problems whatsoever with the old camera.

----True oldschool solo pvp'er---- My latest vid: Insanity IV

Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#9 - 2016-02-18 11:16:46 UTC

IRL, have no issues with motion sickness for , cars, planes, trains, boats

after rejoining, it seems to the the camera constantly zooming into the ship combined with other items that might be causing the issue.

9 sec clip to show the continual zoom

https://youtu.be/bXn2UPQPZj0
NOl'ack
Astrotech Syndicate
RAZOR Alliance
#10 - 2016-02-18 17:10:34 UTC
Ncc 1709 wrote:

after rejoining, it seems to the the camera constantly zooming into the ship combined with other items that might be causing the issue.

Yeah I am getting the same issue with the camera constantly zooming in. It's not causing me motion sickness or anything, but it is really annoying.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11 - 2016-02-19 09:18:53 UTC
Ncc 1709 wrote:

Its actually very disturbing, it creates this uncomfortable suspense. Shocked