These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

InstaWarp Interceptor Fit

Author
Helios Anduath
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2016-02-13 18:45:14 UTC
Amanda Chan wrote:
While the istab and shield extenders make you easier to lock, it really doesn't matter that much when you align below or at 2s.

I beg to differ - increasing your sig can make a significant difference to how catchable you are. Against that 5600mm scan res Stiletto I mentioned earlier, a base Ares with a sig of 35m is locked in 0.396s.

An Ares with 2 i-stabs is 42.6m and can be locked in 0.361s

An Ares with 2 i-stabs and as many shield extenders as possible (2x Compact Medium and 1x Compact small, with a PG implant) has a sig of 62m and can be locked in 0.307s.

These are not a huge difference by any measure but what happens against something with a lower scan res? Against something with a scan res of 2000, the numbers are 1.1s, 1.01s and 0.86s. That is a more significant difference and the shield extenders have made it possible to catch (with VERY good latency and reactions) whereas the one with I-Stabs alone is not catchable.

Amanda Chan wrote:
Not only do they need to react fast enough, they also need decent latency and for the server to tick in their favor.

The tick "being in their favour" (e.g. a longer processing time) probably only plays a role if you are really close to 2s align. This is why 1.8s is a good target - a nice bit of leeway there.

Amanda Chan wrote:
I haven't looked at the fit in awhile but I think it was 2 t2 istabs, 2 wcs, 3 friction nozzle, and a miss mash of medium and small t2 shield extenders. Gave me around 5k ehp, instant align and 2 points of warp strength.

That fit is not possible. Interceptors (like other T2 ships) only have two rig slots. Also, because of stacking penalties, a fifth agility mod makes little difference anyway.

Let's be clear here - 2s to warp is not instant-aligning, especially as 1s to warp is possible.

Amanda Chan wrote:
I've been pointed more then I'd like to admit but yet by somebody with enough points to stop me from waving and giving them a gf in local.

That in itself is "proof" that 2s to warp can be caught.

Amanda Chan wrote:
Here's a pretty good article regarding server ticks. https://www.themittani.com/features/understanding-eve-online-server-tick

That is basically the same article as has already been linked - The author published it themselves and then updated it for TMC.
Amanda Chan
Bridge not Jump
#22 - 2016-02-14 07:05:37 UTC
I never once said it was uncatchable and the term instantalign is just thrown around for anything under 2s, because it's hard to catch.

Also, ship stats are not the whole equation. Human reaction time(largest factor), Network latency and hardware latency(yours and the server's) all play a factor as well.

I feel people put way to much emphasis of, hey my stats are this so I should be able to do this but don't factor in the other things.

As for the fitting...oops? I said I hadn't looked at it in awhile.

Regardless, nothing is uncatchable all the time.
snake03
#23 - 2016-02-14 08:49:07 UTC
Helios Anduath wrote:
snake03 wrote:
Ya, I just cant see myself buying a hecate and fitting it with 90mil istabs just to bust high sec and low sec gate camps.... Not taking it into null either, not without bubble immunity. I'll stick with what I have, hasn't died yet , and its been to hell and back through some pretty big camps... I lag out all the time, drop connection etc etc ...guess I have been lucky.

You can also do it with T2 I-Stabs, a Nomad Mid-grade Alpha, the rest of a Low-grade Nomad set and an EM-703.

Zhilia Mann wrote:
The article explicitly doesn't talk about 1 second warp times (and for good reason; they didn't exist when it was written).

Not strictly true. An Astero can be made to warp in 1s (Faction I-Stabs, Mid-grade Nomads, EM-705 and Low Friction Nozzle Joint rigs) but it is costly. A Daredevil can also be made sub-1s.

If your going to call people out, it is only fitting that the courtesy be returned.....You can get an astero down to 1 sec with faction istabs and low friction rigs or polycarbs/low friction, lowgrade nomad Omega, fill out rest with midgrade, and also no need for the EM-705, EM-703 gets the job done..Bear

I'm just a modern day caveman in search of a bigger club.

Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#24 - 2016-02-14 09:19:40 UTC
Better check in game for real result. EFT/pyfa doesn't prove real result
Few months ago i tested 3 t3 destroyers(each race except gallente). Jackdaw has slow align in number than other but it always warps off first. It also beats svipul+implant. I was impressed when i saw in the space
Helios Anduath
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2016-02-14 09:51:54 UTC
If you want to be pednatic, OK.

snake03 wrote:
If your going to call people out, it is only fitting that the courtesy be returned.....You can get an astero down to 1 sec with faction istabs and low friction rigs or polycarbs/low friction, lowgrade nomad Omega, fill out rest with midgrade, and also no need for the EM-705, EM-703 gets the job done..Bear

*You're - your makes no sense here, you really want the contraction of "you" and "are" which is "you're".

The fit you have mentioned gets you VERY close to 1s - we have already established that leeway is good, so to get down to 0.9s align you need a full set of mid-grades and the EM-705. You will also note that I did not provide a full fit - I stated the components, that you still used, that were necessary.

Finally, pointing out that 1s-to-warp ships existed (but were rarer and harder to make 1s than now) when an article existed is far from a callout.
Ultroth
Project Valhalla.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2016-02-17 12:15:26 UTC
For what you want OP, claw works best imo

Lows - 3 x inertia stabiliser II, 1 x nanofiber II
Mid - mwd
High - ?

Rigs - hyperspatials (t1s so you can repackage ship without caring about replacement costs)

"It's better to to stay silent and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and leave no doubt!"

koenkoard
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2016-02-24 02:40:02 UTC
Not quite true. A 2s-warping ceptor can still be caught if the aggressor has a low enough latency to the cluster, fast enough reactions and a high enough sensor strength.

Given that you can quite easily get a Stiletto to lock an untanked taxi interceptor (a shield extender makes it easier to lock...) in half a second, you can have a fair bit of leeway to account for latency and reactions and still have a complete lock before the end of the first tick. Remember, module activation is asynchronous to the to tick so scram/point take effect as soon as the cluster receives the scram command.

Don't believe me? grab a Stiletto, some SEBOs and some RE-SEBOs and try locking a taxi ceptor on a gate.

this. happened to me yesterday in a raptor fitted with 3 i.stabs (1.83 sec. warp off time) was a thing of beauty eventhough I was in the receiving end.
Helios Anduath
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2016-02-24 12:45:28 UTC
koenkoard wrote:
this. happened to me yesterday in a raptor fitted with 3 i.stabs (1.83 sec. warp off time) was a thing of beauty eventhough I was in the receiving end.

When were were testing this the reaction was "wow" at the lock time the Stiletto achieved. While there is still up to a second to get the lock, it definitely felt "instant".
W0lf Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2016-02-25 08:10:05 UTC
koenkoard wrote:
Not quite true. A 2s-warping ceptor can still be caught if the aggressor has a low enough latency to the cluster, fast enough reactions and a high enough sensor strength.

Given that you can quite easily get a Stiletto to lock an untanked taxi interceptor (a shield extender makes it easier to lock...) in half a second, you can have a fair bit of leeway to account for latency and reactions and still have a complete lock before the end of the first tick. Remember, module activation is asynchronous to the to tick so scram/point take effect as soon as the cluster receives the scram command.

Don't believe me? grab a Stiletto, some SEBOs and some RE-SEBOs and try locking a taxi ceptor on a gate.

Nope, and if you get caught you can make a ticket to ccp and they'll reimburse your stuff. Its either ccps fault or people hacking. Latency has nothing to do with it at all, since you start cloaked.
Helios Anduath
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2016-02-25 10:52:36 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:
Nope, and if you get caught you can make a ticket to ccp and they'll reimburse your stuff. Its either ccps fault or people hacking. Latency has nothing to do with it at all, since you start cloaked.

No, it really isn't. Technically it is very possible to catch some thing that gets to warp in 2s. There is no hacking or server errors involved. Have a read of the articles linked earlier for details of why it is possible. Go and give a stupidly-high scan res Stiletto a try and see that you don't need to cheat to catch 2s-to-warp ships.

The latency of the person trying to run does not affect the chances of being caught. The latency if the person trying to catch DOES affect how easy it is for them to catch the person running. This is answered in the links given earlier.
Previous page12