These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

🔑 🔑 🔑 Bless up for the sandbox 🔑 🔑 🔑

Author
DJ Khanid
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2016-02-17 07:27:53 UTC  |  Edited by: DJ Khanid
Update: Major Key: Bless Up With DJ Khanid

Skill trading is the craze in New Eden and there is money in the sandbox for good character creation and hot names.

I just completed the character transfer of DJ Khanid. In this case, I turned a $0.01 humble bundle starter account into some ISK and plex on the power of dank memes alone.

Buyer explains that they want to turn DJ Khanid into a Ragnarok pilot. Makes me happy to see it's in capable hands. I'm looking toward to hearing more from 'We da best music in Amarr" under a new label. It's a real rags to riches, back to 'rags' story.

Lesson learned: Novelty accounts have greater potential to be sold now that skills can be transferred onto them.

papa bless the glorious community sandbox
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2 - 2016-02-17 07:42:03 UTC
Can someone please explain to me what the hell I just read?

Mr Epeen Cool
David Davaham
Deep Blue Logistics
#3 - 2016-02-17 07:49:47 UTC  |  Edited by: David Davaham
He means be creative when you create your character. A wealthy vet may come along and buy the character off of you, and then turn around and pump the character up with a sh*t ton of SP. Resulting in the Vet have a character with decent SP, and a kick a$$ name

Developer of EVEmail

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#4 - 2016-02-17 07:49:52 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

I think he said, rather than play the game, you are better off training characters just to e tract and sell skills.

Seems kind of dumb to me. If you aren't going to play yourself, then save your money and use it for something else all together. After all, real money has more uses than ISK.
Dyllan Ma'tar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-02-17 07:50:17 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

He's not just selling a character, he's selling a story about the character and the character. More likely to sell now that someone can just move sp onto a character they like, or that's his line of reasoning I gather.
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#6 - 2016-02-17 07:53:52 UTC
Dyllan Ma'tar wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

He's not just selling a character, he's selling a story about the character and the character. More likely to sell now that someone can just move sp onto a character they like, or that's his line of reasoning I gather.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's about selling novelty and narrative.

Guy makes character after record producer/snapchat personality DJ Khaled.

Proceeds to advertise the character on Reddit.

Major Key: Bless Up With DJ Khanid.

Finds a buyer for the character. Ultimately tries to demonstrate that novelty accounts have greater potential to be sold now that that skills can be transferred onto them.

'One night hauler' The tell all story of a pleasure bot in Jita 4-4

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
#7 - 2016-02-17 07:54:19 UTC
Kanye is anomalous and beyond the event horizon of egotism, not a role model, kids.

Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#8 - 2016-02-17 08:01:49 UTC
Take your pick. Name squatting has more potential now for payout. Dust has been ideal for name holding on free accounts, however that's on its way out.

http://dustboard.com/global/merc/Bernie_Sanders

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Donald%20Trump

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#9 - 2016-02-17 11:28:23 UTC
What is this? Whore out house?
One more thread of this kind and some old Holder will show interest in Amphere 9. I see it coming.

Disgusting.
Ibutho Inkosi
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-02-17 11:36:12 UTC
Wish in one hand...**** in the other....see which...nvm.

As long as the tale of the hunt is told by the hunter, and not the lion, it will favor the hunter.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11 - 2016-02-17 12:12:04 UTC
Ohemgeez MyNameWontFi
Space Heroes In Training
#12 - 2016-02-17 12:14:20 UTC
ehem....
Memphis Baas
#13 - 2016-02-17 12:38:21 UTC
DJ Khanid wrote:
The major key is to look at the opportunities all around you. With the fluidity of skill trading there is now more room for clever people with a character creation game on point to make some side ISK selling new alts to wealthy vets.

He's advertising that it's possible to cybersquat on character names, using free trial accounts, even.

Bullshit advice, though; the Character Bazaar is creeping up in prices to catch up with the injectors, but the "per million SP" character prices will always be lower than the injector prices. It's a loss to try to create a high-SP character with injectors, in order to sell it on the Bazaar.

Also, you can look up cases where people tried to sell low-skill 2003 alts, nobody paid any sort of premium price for "2003".

Finally, CCP can rename all unused trial account character names again.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#14 - 2016-02-17 12:46:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Memphis Baas wrote:
DJ Khanid wrote:
The major key is to look at the opportunities all around you. With the fluidity of skill trading there is now more room for clever people with a character creation game on point to make some side ISK selling new alts to wealthy vets.

He's advertising that it's possible to cybersquat on character names, using free trial accounts, even.

Bullshit advice, though; the Character Bazaar is creeping up in prices to catch up with the injectors, but the "per million SP" character prices will always be lower than the injector prices. It's a loss to try to create a high-SP character with injectors, in order to sell it on the Bazaar.

Also, you can look up cases where people tried to sell low-skill 2003 alts, nobody paid any sort of premium price for "2003".

I just saw there is buy offer there for character from 2003, low skill if possible.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=469836&find=unread
Pleasure Hub Node-514
Pleasure Hub Hotline
#15 - 2016-02-17 13:09:27 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
DJ Khanid wrote:

While you're unable to trade characters off a trial account it's certainly feasible for someone to squat on a name in Dust, or make 2 novelty characters while they play subbed on the main. There was also the possibly that is a month long starter account bought from humble bundle. It's frowned upon, but players could easily have stocked up on years worth of accounts for $0.01 during that humble bundle sale back in 2014.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/26e1gr/eve_news_eve_online_comes_to_the_humble_bundle/

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#16 - 2016-02-17 14:20:20 UTC
I liked the keys in the title. I wonder how many other little icons we can put in titles like that.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#17 - 2016-02-17 14:59:23 UTC
A great pilot has been born.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

DJ Khanid
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2016-02-17 15:17:52 UTC
Aiwha wrote:
A great pilot has been born.

I appreciate you.
DJ Khanid
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2016-02-17 15:23:43 UTC
Iria Ahrens wrote:
I liked the keys in the title. I wonder how many other little icons we can put in titles like that.

The major 🔑 is to use the right emojis. 💯
Depending on your browser, some will work and others will not.

http://emojipedia.org/symbols/
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#20 - 2016-02-17 15:28:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
DJ Khanid wrote:
Iria Ahrens wrote:

The major 🔑 is to use the right emojis. 💯
Depending on your browser, some will work and others will not.

http://emojipedia.org/symbols/

You have been faster ⌛ , but i have something more to add.

12Next page