These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

First Maxed Eve account.

First post
Author
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#561 - 2016-02-17 08:08:42 UTC
IronBank wrote:
Read all 28 Pages and I must say - the salt and tears in here are phenomenal. Cool

remember you owe me money though

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#562 - 2016-02-17 08:32:16 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
status is an important consideration in all MMOs. In EvE moreso than most.

So you already lost EVE then?

You know you've won EvE when players wish you dead in RL. So I guess I won. Also got my name in an EvE Wiki. And single handedly caused a rewrite of part of the code. Devs have also taken up my design ideas (capital projection, no refitting in combat, docking rights in null, mobile depots...)

CCP should be paying me

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Jacques d'Orleans
#563 - 2016-02-17 08:48:30 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
status is an important consideration in all MMOs.

So all the tears about the SP injectors is only because you Shitazillion Skillpoints holders can't stroke your E-wiener anymore because some Noob bought his SP's on the market.
Oh, you poor little yous'
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#564 - 2016-02-17 08:55:29 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
status is an important consideration in all MMOs. In EvE moreso than most.

So you already lost EVE then?

You know you've won EvE when players wish you dead in RL. So I guess I won. Also got my name in an EvE Wiki.

Well, that is totally not cool and you should immediately report them so CCP can send interpol or whatever after them.
Mithandra
B.O.P Supplication For Glorious
Dracarys.
#565 - 2016-02-17 09:18:58 UTC
Interesting.

Doesn't affect MY gameplay so I actually have no opinion to share.

Eve is the dark haired, totally hot emo gothchild of the gaming community

Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#566 - 2016-02-17 16:20:23 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I can assure you that they confiscate more than they give out. They've explained this in the past.

I'd link some posts from various devs on the topic, but I just don't care about the issue enough. You are welcome to use their crappy search function (Now, that's a legitimate complaint) to find them yourself if you are so inclined.

The long and short of it is that they are not creating anything that wasn't already in the game.

Mr Epeen Cool

I appreciate your assurances and did as you asked and searched for some rules or comments by DEV's on confiscating PLEX. Yup, the search function is typical Forum Board poor, but perhaps due to that, wasn't finding any comments by DEV's on the topic, quite a few by players and claiming various things.

Since PLEX is equivalent to real money in some fashion, CCP would only do this if the player did something against the games' rules that CCP could absolutely prove. That PLEX is forfeit, regardless of how it entered the game and doesn't bear on the initial assumption of all of it coming in through purchased sources.

I'm not saying that you aren't right about them doing it from time to time, but I don't see the proof that your assurance is beyond questioning. CCP gives out PLEX almost daily and even fairly regular in high end loot if those rumors are real. So it's kind of one perspective against another, neither one being proof capable as to rate of injection/removal.

None of this changes the fact that not all PLEX in game is source purchased. Nor does it merit the use of invective against another person.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#567 - 2016-02-17 16:26:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Quote:
Since PLEX is equivalent to real money in some fashion

It is not. It is just a game item. You can use it in game only. It is not recognized as equivalent to real money in any fashion, because you cant exchange it between players for Money in real world. At least CCP does not do that and forbids that.

More about PLEX in general and confiscated PLEX on banned accounts that have been used in RMT. Listen carefully, he will be telling the amount. Cool
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#568 - 2016-02-17 18:08:34 UTC
Pandora Carrollon wrote:

None of this changes the fact that not all PLEX in game is source purchased. Nor does it merit the use of invective against another person.

Where else did PLEX origin from beside purchases?
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#569 - 2016-02-17 18:18:18 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
On the same token, imagine what a big deal it used to be to cross an ocean by boat. Then think about how you can cross it in hours by aircraft.

If you had to get across an ocean, what would you prefer?

I'd probably opt to not cross an ocean, but if I really had to and could afford it, I'd pick the boat. Well - a ship, just because a "boat" implies that it's not actually capable of crossing an ocean. Through being able to cross an ocean in just a couple of hours people have come to expect you to. Everything needs to be fast, everyone needs to be mobile and available anywhere anytime. It's rather stressful.

I'm not saying that jet planes and mobile phones don't have their merits, but with them comes a lot of bullshit I have to deal with now every day.

If it was still socially acceptable (and possible) to not have a phone, travel by carriage or ship and send letters via horseback courier, I'd certainly prefer that. I don't need everything right now.

Too bad you died of cholera. P

I don't get around much since that arrow hit me in the leg.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#570 - 2016-02-17 18:31:15 UTC
Avvy wrote:
Gadget Helmsdottir wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Demica Diaz wrote:
Even though I am quite neutral about skill injecting feature. This makes me just tiny bit sad. Feels like something from EVE has lost. Wierd feeling. Straight

On the same token, imagine what a big deal it used to be to cross an ocean by boat. Then think about how you can cross it in hours by aircraft.

If you had to get across an ocean, what would you prefer?

But imagine if you had a boat ready with the host of concerns about it for crossing an ocean, and somebody gives you a plant ticket.

Would that not take off the pressure and leave your faculties up for other matters, like what you are going to do when you get to the other side?

Now that somebody is maxed out, it does not matter when somebody is maxed out. It's irrelevant, and Eve Online didn't implode. (and the server didn't crash either)

Consider it a good thing.

Carrying the analogy forward...

While you can choose to slowboat across an ocean, to be competitive, one must choose the quickest route. Your competition will be.

In the not so far future, SP-injected characters will be the expectation.

--Gadget

With attributes and attribute implants removed and the training speed increase to at least compensate. That should help new players especially those that can't afford sp injectors.

If there is an sp-injected character expectation then that is the players that are enforcing such a thing.

CCP can give the tools to do things but if the players want to enforce restrictions then the players can't blame CCP.

If you're excluded from a corp. because of sp then find another one, chances are you might not like it there anyway (at least if it was me).

I have a take it or leave it attitude about the SP injection. If asked about the ramification, my answer is "I don't know".

But reading your post made me realize that now mission/incursion/anom grinding is no longer for naught. It's not just the servers that have hamsters in wheels: the players too. This means a massive ISK sink to move existing SP around.

What are the two things that have been amassed over the years? SP and ISK. ISK existing in two forms: actual ISK and PLEX.

What's the one thing a rank noob does not have? SP. But the noob can get ISK and lots of it.

For the min/max sperger it's feasible to imagine them getting into a spiral of sorts. It's like drug addicts who work hard just so they can get more drugs, but need more drugs because they work so hard. So it's possible the sperging crowd will get too caught up in this, running missions until they get enough SP to run incursions, running incursions until they can get super twinkboats so they can get more ISK and more SP through transfer of PLEX.

The only bulwark is then the limitations on the available pool of SP. How much SP does the average bittervet who trained up for say Titans and then realized they were coffins want to give up? How many PVP turned industrialists have SP they don't use?

Only the Shadow knows (that's an old saying).

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Anyura
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#571 - 2016-02-17 19:50:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Anyura
Dr Caymus wrote:
The new skill system: Dawn of a New Era or Epic Fail

Perhaps I owe CCP an apology for making a goal of leading the skillpoint group for the last 13 years, I must have offended them greatly for them to do what they have done to the system.

However, now a complete mockery of the system has been made with a 3-day-old character. Was that not seen coming?

This could have been done much more effectively with more controls: more tiers with decreasing marginal gains at higher SP levels, daily limits, or whatever.

Back up and restore, anyone?

As I far as I'm concerned, Dr C will always be king of the SP, because he *worked* for them.

Slight expansion on my original comment - I'm okay with pilots using extractors and injectors to shift their own SP around, to clear away rookie training mistakes or for slight shifts in direction. Devouring injectors like SP flavoured Pringles is not okay.
Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#572 - 2016-02-17 20:40:42 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
It is not. It is just a game item. You can use it in game only. It is not recognized as equivalent to real money in any fashion, because you cant exchange it between players for Money in real world. At least CCP does not do that and forbids that.

More about PLEX in general and confiscated PLEX on banned accounts that have been used in RMT. Listen carefully, he will be telling the amount. Cool

Thank you for that link, it was enlightening. It actually supports what I was saying.

Equivalency is established once it can be bought and sold with real money. It just is. That's also the assumption and tool that lets people claim "$30,000 of spaceships blown up in an on-line battle". You can't have it both ways, be fake and be real. Value is a market determination based on perceived benefit. Even 'fake' virtual stuff has legally been shown to have real value. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/6870901/ns/technology_and_science-games/t/virtual-worlds-wind-real-worlds-courts/#.VsTXZv0UXL8

Yes, I heard the 'amounts' he was claiming. He talked about recirculating them, so that could be where a lot of 'gift' PLEXes come from but those are confiscated from RMT or other actions against the game rules. I didn't know they did that but it makes sense, the State makes money off of criminals, no difference here.

If you paid attention, he also specifically said they reserved the right to take corrective actions against market pressures, either intentionally started by players or just as a need to correct pressures. What this means is that they can 'introduce' more PLEX onto the market to control too much upward price pressure or put in game sinks (he mentions fees and taxes, but there are more) to make the product more scarce to alleviate too much downward pressure. They want stability. Introducing PLEX, by definition would support the claim that all is not real money purchase based. Central Banks do this all the time, it's part of their function.

Again, I never said PLEX wasn't from real money, I said and meant that if even one PLEX was created out of thin air and introduced into the game, the claim that all of it is from real money fails, it is a true/false analysis. Has it happened before, I don't know, I could be completely wrong, but that was also my point.

My intent was to introduce uncertainty in speaking in absolutes when we have no proof that it has never been done in any fashion before for any reason before because the original post I was responding to was someone using invective from an absolute position that isn't as absolute as claimed.
Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#573 - 2016-02-17 20:45:49 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Where else did PLEX origin from beside purchases?

Read my post above. But the simple answer is, CCP introduces them either via the market, loot from NPC ships, or more creative mechanisms (Maybe Devs flying a ship with a PLEX in it looking to get shot up someplace, or as a prize for something, perhaps a lottery system, they always have giveaways).

The point is, only the 3 people mentioned in the video (maybe some others in CCP) know for certain if it is all from real money or not. We as players certainly don't. We can't even necessarily trust them to tell the truth here either as it might destabilize things if they told us when they were doing corrections to the PLEX market.
Dalketh
DRRUSSEL
#574 - 2016-02-17 20:56:39 UTC
I realize this was done as a joke (and the owner's need for attention) but it does make me sad.

Before this buying of skillpoints - a pilot hitting the max would have been admirable and something very very special.

Instead it is now a sad joke.

Avvy
Doomheim
#575 - 2016-02-17 21:43:07 UTC
Dalketh wrote:
I realize this was done as a joke (and the owner's need for attention) but it does make me sad.

Before this buying of skillpoints - a pilot hitting the max would have been admirable and something very very special.

Instead it is now a sad joke.

A pilot should never have hit the max as new skills would have been added.

Problem is they don't want to be adding skills just to extend the skill tree.

The skills have a long training time and there are a lot of skills, that's normally a sign that they want players to be different as in what skills they have trained.

Those that made it their goal to train all skills should realise that, that was never the intended purpose of the skill tree.

Which is probably why CCP didn't add a hard point in respect to sp injectors use. Although I did initially think they should, but the more I've thought about it I realise they did the right thing by not adding one.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#576 - 2016-02-17 21:52:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Dalketh wrote:

Yes, some humans can do that to you. We are not perfect, sadly.

Quote:
Equivalency is established once it can be bought and sold with real money.

So it can describe how much things are worth in game, by taking amount of money you did pay for the item to CCP, and describing for how much it can sell on market in Jita, in ISK value. This is your "equivalency", but its the only use it can have outside game from terms CCP made, to protect the game and their legal status.

So this is only a rough estimate. Not real money value. Actually, legally everything in game, bought from CCP with real money is worth exactly 0$ every time because of terms you accepted.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#577 - 2016-02-17 22:33:34 UTC
Pandora Carrollon wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
I can assure you that they confiscate more than they give out. They've explained this in the past.

I'd link some posts from various devs on the topic, but I just don't care about the issue enough. You are welcome to use their crappy search function (Now, that's a legitimate complaint) to find them yourself if you are so inclined.

The long and short of it is that they are not creating anything that wasn't already in the game.

Mr Epeen Cool

I appreciate your assurances and did as you asked and searched for some rules or comments by DEV's on confiscating PLEX. Yup, the search function is typical Forum Board poor, but perhaps due to that, wasn't finding any comments by DEV's on the topic, quite a few by players and claiming various things.

Since PLEX is equivalent to real money in some fashion, CCP would only do this if the player did something against the games' rules that CCP could absolutely prove. That PLEX is forfeit, regardless of how it entered the game and doesn't bear on the initial assumption of all of it coming in through purchased sources.

I'm not saying that you aren't right about them doing it from time to time, but I don't see the proof that your assurance is beyond questioning. CCP gives out PLEX almost daily and even fairly regular in high end loot if those rumors are real. So it's kind of one perspective against another, neither one being proof capable as to rate of injection/removal.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3024863#post3024863
Not a Dev post, but he is referencing a market intervention by CCP DrEyjo which the latter talked about at Fanfest. Basically, DrEyjo used PLEX from premabanned accounts.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#578 - 2016-02-17 22:57:55 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Dalketh wrote:

Yes, some humans can do that to you. We are not perfect, sadly.

Quote:
Equivalency is established once it can be bought and sold with real money.

So it can describe how much things are worth in game, by taking amount of money you did pay for the item to CCP, and describing for how much it can sell on market in Jita, in ISK value. This is your "equivalency", but its the only use it can have outside game from terms CCP made, to protect the game and their legal status.

So this is only a rough estimate. Not real money value. Actually, legally everything in game, bought from CCP with real money is worth exactly 0$ every time because of terms you accepted.

In fact I'm pretty sure everything that exists in the eve world is the sole property of CCP. You don't even own the plex you bought or the isk in your wallet.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
#579 - 2016-02-17 23:22:20 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3024863#post3024863
Not a Dev post, but he is referencing a market intervention by CCP DrEyjo which the latter talked about at Fanfest. Basically, DrEyjo used PLEX from premabanned accounts.

Yes but again, we can't verify that. My previous post was based on that video. I've also wondered if they have confiscated enough PLEX to support the buddy PLEX system, again, can't prove a bit of it one way or the other. We'd never know if they did create it or reprocess it. We could suspect, but never actually 'know'.

I am curious as to how the entire PLEX vs. Skill Trading things balances out. Will be interesting to see if the prices increase or decrease in a few months time.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#580 - 2016-02-17 23:46:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
Pandora Carrollon wrote:
Yes but

Give it up, people. That has been and will continue to be the response no matter how much evidence you present.

I'm ready to call troll on this one. Subtle and perhaps even well done, but a troll nonetheless.

Mr Epeen Cool