These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Super's building

First post
Author
Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-02-16 01:39:40 UTC
A friend of mine caterpllar is building me and him super carriers at his pos is there anyway we can get the build times lowered please ?
Era'kanath
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2016-02-16 03:20:49 UTC
Super build times cannot be lowered anymore. A couple CCP members use to run such a service, and had Hundreds of requests per Day; It was a little too overwhelming for them =/

Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.

"The more we sweat in peacetime, the less we bleed in war."

Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-02-16 04:10:43 UTC
not making a ton just 2

Era'kanath wrote:
Super build times cannot be lowered anymore. A couple CCP members use to run such a service, and had Hundreds of requests per Day; It was a little too overwhelming for them =/

Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.

Spacial Girl
south pole correlation.
#4 - 2016-02-16 04:29:08 UTC
Smuff Gallente wrote:
not making a ton just 2

Era'kanath wrote:
Super build times cannot be lowered anymore. A couple CCP members use to run such a service, and had Hundreds of requests per Day; It was a little too overwhelming for them =/

Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.




That's not the point.

If they do it for you, they'd have to make the same exception for everyone wishing to do so.
CCP doesn't devote the kinda resources you want to managing players requests on the test server. AKA there is no realistic way for them to do their normal jobs AND fill hundreds of requests from players on SiSi.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#5 - 2016-02-17 02:06:25 UTC
Smuff Gallente wrote:
A friend of mine caterpllar is building me and him super carriers at his pos is there anyway we can get the build times lowered please ?


Spoiler alert everyone:

Warp sooper-dooper to ca1 in 6C-Z49, wait 10 minutes, super explodes in bubble - the end.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Brent Anders
Project Pendragon
#6 - 2016-02-17 12:44:49 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Smuff Gallente wrote:
A friend of mine caterpllar is building me and him super carriers at his pos is there anyway we can get the build times lowered please ?


Spoiler alert everyone:

Warp sooper-dooper to ca1 in 6C-Z49, wait 10 minutes, super explodes in bubble - the end.


Dunno what Game you spoiled, but i did that, left after 10 minutes.. with 9 Sabre and a Fiend Kill.
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2016-02-17 12:59:54 UTC
Spacial Girl wrote:
Smuff Gallente wrote:
not making a ton just 2

Era'kanath wrote:
Super build times cannot be lowered anymore. A couple CCP members use to run such a service, and had Hundreds of requests per Day; It was a little too overwhelming for them =/

Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.




That's not the point.

If they do it for you, they'd have to make the same exception for everyone wishing to do so.
CCP doesn't devote the kinda resources you want to managing players requests on the test server. AKA there is no realistic way for them to do their normal jobs AND fill hundreds of requests from players on SiSi.


That being said, we are not oblivious to the problem and would like to provide a better solution if we can ninja some time from a dev team :)

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Era'kanath
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2016-02-17 15:16:52 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Spacial Girl wrote:
Smuff Gallente wrote:
not making a ton just 2

Era'kanath wrote:
Super build times cannot be lowered anymore. A couple CCP members use to run such a service, and had Hundreds of requests per Day; It was a little too overwhelming for them =/

Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.




That's not the point.

If they do it for you, they'd have to make the same exception for everyone wishing to do so.
CCP doesn't devote the kinda resources you want to managing players requests on the test server. AKA there is no realistic way for them to do their normal jobs AND fill hundreds of requests from players on SiSi.


That being said, we are not oblivious to the problem and would like to provide a better solution if we can ninja some time from a dev team :)


That sounds Amazing

"The more we sweat in peacetime, the less we bleed in war."

Brent Anders
Project Pendragon
#9 - 2016-02-18 14:48:56 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Spacial Girl wrote:
Smuff Gallente wrote:
not making a ton just 2

Era'kanath wrote:
Super build times cannot be lowered anymore. A couple CCP members use to run such a service, and had Hundreds of requests per Day; It was a little too overwhelming for them =/

Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.




That's not the point.

If they do it for you, they'd have to make the same exception for everyone wishing to do so.
CCP doesn't devote the kinda resources you want to managing players requests on the test server. AKA there is no realistic way for them to do their normal jobs AND fill hundreds of requests from players on SiSi.


That being said, we are not oblivious to the problem and would like to provide a better solution if we can ninja some time from a dev team :)


I Remember Brainstorming about this before, then we talked about special sisi Implants for some stuff, like Industrial slot xxx implants that cut down the job time and mat costs 50% 75% or 90% even. Still say this would be a nice way of solving it, otherwise if there's a Open Spot as "Industrial Booster Dude" on Sisi, i'll opt for it ^^
May Ke
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2016-02-19 08:23:36 UTC
Brent Anders wrote:


I Remember Brainstorming about this before, then we talked about special sisi Implants for some stuff, like Industrial slot xxx implants that cut down the job time and mat costs 50% 75% or 90% even. Still say this would be a nice way of solving it, otherwise if there's a Open Spot as "Industrial Booster Dude" on Sisi, i'll opt for it ^^



Now this is a good idea!! Slot 11 or higher implant only on Sisi that reduces materials requirements and build time for supercaps only by ~90% You still need the skills, you still need the infrastructure - thus making it so that not just anyone can build a super, but making life just that little bit easier for those of us who wish to test supers before committing huge amounts of time and money into them on TQ.

As more and more people are able to fly these beasts, (particularly since skill injectors) it's about time CCP made it a little easier to test them, after all, on TQ you don't necessarily have to build it yourself. I do worry that SiSi would become as overrun with supers as it currently is with caps, so perhaps there would be space for "Capitals +" and "BS -" areas on SiSi that people can carry on testing without harassment.

Furthermore, with the super changes coming up, we need access to these ships!!

Who? Me?

Shalmon Aliatus
Bluestar Enterprises
The Craftsmen
#11 - 2016-02-21 15:49:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalmon Aliatus
Yeah something like this:

Bobs Modified Test Implant

Slot: 42

Boosts all attributes by 42 (To increase skill time, especially for the new players)
90% reduction in manufacturing time.
90% reduction in research time.

This implant is not removed during podding or clone jumping. (like the Gold-Pod Implant)

These are all stats that are already on existing implants.
But I could think about some additional stats (like jump fatique, combat log-off timer, jump-clone) that would also be pretty cool on sisi). Material costs would also be a cool thing, because Tritanium (and most the other minerals) costs a lot more on Sisi.
Brent Anders
Project Pendragon
#12 - 2016-02-22 07:20:47 UTC
Shalmon Aliatus wrote:

Bobs Modified Test Implant

Slot: 42

Boosts all attributes by 42


I see what you did there <.<

But yes, that is kinda what came up back then, might have to dig that thread up again, but afaik there wasn't any reply of CCP concerning the state of that idea yet.
Spacial Girl
south pole correlation.
#13 - 2016-02-24 19:23:05 UTC
Shalmon Aliatus wrote:
Yeah something like this:

Bobs Modified Test Implant

Slot: 42

Boosts all attributes by 42 (To increase skill time, especially for the new players)
90% reduction in manufacturing time.
90% reduction in research time.

This implant is not removed during podding or clone jumping. (like the Gold-Pod Implant)

These are all stats that are already on existing implants.
But I could think about some additional stats (like jump fatique, combat log-off timer, jump-clone) that would also be pretty cool on sisi). Material costs would also be a cool thing, because Tritanium (and most the other minerals) costs a lot more on Sisi.



Trit is actually pretty cheap, buy a stack of 100 dreads, reprocess them, reprocess the parts, profit...
Shalmon Aliatus
Bluestar Enterprises
The Craftsmen
#14 - 2016-02-25 13:27:43 UTC
Yeah, I did this before. Problem is: you still end up hauling massive amounts of stuff to your POS
roy oakes
boom boom long time
#15 - 2016-02-27 11:14:23 UTC


Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers. [/quote]




late getting in on this, but is there a mirror planned anytime within say next month and half?

https://wiki.eveonline.com/?_ga=1.263942732.1175653019.1457937776

Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2016-02-27 11:33:26 UTC
god i hope ur wrong we just had a mirror on the 17th and the wyverns have 13 days left


roy oakes wrote:


Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.





late getting in on this, but is there a mirror planned anytime within say next month and half?[/quote]
Veik Hemah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2016-02-27 14:20:40 UTC
Smuff Gallente wrote:
god i hope ur wrong we just had a mirror on the 17th and the wyverns have 13 days left


roy oakes wrote:


Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.





late getting in on this, but is there a mirror planned anytime within say next month and half?


I highly doubt it considering there was a mirror less than a month ago, they only run mirrors every so often and it usually it will depend on the needs of the dev's which means they are never really scheduled.
Era'kanath
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2016-02-27 17:44:15 UTC
Veik Hemah wrote:
Smuff Gallente wrote:
god i hope ur wrong we just had a mirror on the 17th and the wyverns have 13 days left


roy oakes wrote:


Plus, there's a TQ mirror coming up in the next few days (hopefully); so I'd wait until just after that before starting to build a ton of supers.





late getting in on this, but is there a mirror planned anytime within say next month and half?


I highly doubt it considering there was a mirror less than a month ago, they only run mirrors every so often and it usually it will depend on the needs of the dev's which means they are never really scheduled.


The current mirror is considered a 'Temporary Mirror' stated by the devs themselves. It's only mean to last 2-6 weeks at the most, but there's been no word on it since..

"The more we sweat in peacetime, the less we bleed in war."

Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2016-02-28 00:14:58 UTC
CCP please finish our wyverns so we can play with them before the mirror