These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

is this what has become of eve?

First post
Author
high sec alt
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-02-15 10:19:38 UTC
http://eveboard.com/pilot/IronBank

few days old max SP everything learned , how many other
chars had to be striped clean from all the hard worked
for SP to allow this to happen ?

I have over the last few days seen great chars all
killed with skill extractors , is this the end off how we
play eve ? is this the down off

"meh I dont want to wait -buy skill injectors-"

is this acceptable by the vets who have spent
years training skills ? is this the end off many eve
players who will now just give up the SP race ?
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2016-02-15 10:20:48 UTC
give it a rest, you clearly have no idea who ironbank is

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Ibutho Inkosi
Doomheim
#3 - 2016-02-15 10:22:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Ibutho Inkosi
In future take a look at the listings on the first page index here, if you can't see your topic there....do a search.
THEN, and only then...etc. Oh yes. IB4L

As long as the tale of the hunt is told by the hunter, and not the lion, it will favor the hunter.

Jarsoom Blade
Blade's Legion
#4 - 2016-02-15 10:25:44 UTC
If a player decides to max a character with injectors, if he/she is so invested in EVE they want to spend a fortune on having fun with their hobby, good on them. If a new player does this and flies a capital ship two days after having started the game, good on them aswell but goodluck surviving without experience. The character IronBank is quite an achievement that was bound to happen sooner or later.

"Two things I've learned lately. One: don't get jammed. And two: stationary ships don't react well to 1400's" - John Rourke, Clear Skies 2

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-02-15 10:42:18 UTC
its a publicity stunt from probably the richest character in eve, nothing to see here

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Avvy
Doomheim
#6 - 2016-02-15 10:54:28 UTC
high sec alt wrote:
http://eveboard.com/pilot/IronBank

few days old max SP everything learned , how many other
chars had to be striped clean from all the hard worked
for SP to allow this to happen ?

I have over the last few days seen great chars all
killed with skill extractors , is this the end off how we
play eve ? is this the down off

"meh I dont want to wait -buy skill injectors-"

is this acceptable by the vets who have spent
years training skills ? is this the end off many eve

Characters being stripped of sp.

It doesn't matter, either those characters are not being played or the skills stripped were not being or likely to be used.

Unless you think EVE is all about who has the highest amount of sp. I think most won't worry about who has the highest amount, they will just concern themselves with how much sp they have.
Dibz
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-02-15 10:59:00 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
its a publicity stunt from probably the richest character in eve, nothing to see here

Doesn't matter who did it or why. What matters is that he was able to do it in the first place.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-02-15 11:00:08 UTC
Dibz wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

Doesn't matter who did it or why. What matters is that he was able to do it in the first place.

Why does it matter and how does it change your game?

Avvy
Doomheim
#9 - 2016-02-15 11:04:43 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Dibz wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

It matters to those that were in that group at the top (maybe not to all) as they were proud of the fact that they were in that group and now it has been taken away from them. As you can buy your way to the top it's no longer an achievement as such.
Sneaky Little Bastard
Doomheim
#10 - 2016-02-15 11:18:51 UTC
high sec alt wrote:

is this the end off many eve

It is for many players. But the Skills extractor's sales will balance the subs cancelled for CCP's greed.
Dibz
Doomheim
#11 - 2016-02-15 12:13:22 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Dibz wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

What matters is that one of the core fundamentals of EVE Online has changed, and it is now a different game as a result. It is now a game where your wallet - either ingame or real life - determines the speed of your character progression.

The 'how does it affect you?' argument fails to take in the bigger picture. Of course someone using an injector doesn't prevent you from huffing gas or shooting red crosses. It's what the ability to buy your character's progression does to the nature of the game overall. It's what it does to the perception of CCP as a company.

I'm not saying this is going to kill EVE or anything like that. I'm just saying that, for better or for worse, the game is different now. Some will be cool with it, some won't.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#12 - 2016-02-15 12:17:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Sneaky Little Bastard wrote:
high sec alt wrote:

is this the end off many eve

It is for many players. But the Skills extractor's sales will balance the subs cancelled for CCP's greed.
If it was outright greed then the SP swapping malarky would be mandatory, and there'd be golden ammo and ships in the NES too. Greed would mean that CCP would charge us for a sub and then gouge us for expansions like other MMO companies do.

You have the option of not using it without penalty, nobody is forcing you to hand CCP money over and above the subscription fee.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#13 - 2016-02-15 12:26:34 UTC
Avvy wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Dibz wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

It matters to those that were in that group at the top (maybe not to all) as they were proud of the fact that they were in that group and now it has been taken away from them. As you can buy your way to the top it's no longer an achievement as such.

Basically Dr Caymus and his ilk are crying into their Leet SP Cherios

...which is fantastic

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

high sec alt
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-02-15 12:59:29 UTC
the sense of achievement has been removed from having a high SP char , this has changed things from I will log in and work hard to make something off my game to mmmmm "swipe" lets max out that titan skill

yes there will be some he love it and some who do not , for me its means I will be playing a few other games while I ponder what to do next in eve .
Mithandra
B.O.P Supplication For Glorious
Dracarys.
#15 - 2016-02-15 13:06:54 UTC
Tea cup.

Storm.

Affects me not a whit.

Interest waning.

Eve is the dark haired, totally hot emo gothchild of the gaming community

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#16 - 2016-02-15 13:21:06 UTC
Quote:
17. Redundant and re-posted threads will be locked.

As a courtesy to other forum users, please search to see if there is a thread already open on the topic you wish to discuss. If so, please place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forums needlessly, causing good feedback and ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

Closed

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.