These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Srsly, something has to be done about incursions.

First post First post
Author
Juliana Stinger
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#161 - 2012-01-11 11:14:05 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Juliana Stinger wrote:
Seriously i don't understand where's balance??? Why pve fitted expensive ships do not fly in low sec where cheap PVP fitted pilots could have make some ISK and easy kills!!!! The life must be very risky and hard for everyone but pvp players!!! This PVE Pilots are cowards!!!! They don't want to play the game the way i like it!!!!! Fix this CCP!!!!! I like to play PVP, everyone else should like this too!!!!! I simply DEMAND THIS!!!!! *emorage*

Its a pvp game. Why are people upset about having to pvp?

I say everyone pour support into the skunkworks and similar groups to drive the risk of incursions up to match the rewards, til CCP does it for us.

1. It isn't only a pvp game, otherwise ccp wouldn't release "Tyrannis" trailer to convince new players that eve online is not only about shotting.
2. I am not upset to pvp or any other pilot, it's just fun doing that on pvp fitted ship, not on ship that is effective only for PVE encounter.
Juliana Stinger
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#162 - 2012-01-11 11:18:04 UTC
Gothikia wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:
Some people run low sec incursions because they enjoy the opportunity for PVP that they present. Cowards stay in high sec with the rest of the scrubs.

If you think there is too much money to be made, or too many people running them then do something different. It's rather hypocritical to complain about how much money they make when you happily run them yourself. I assume you are complaining about the ISK rewarded, your rant was pretty incoherent.

I just totally agreed with a Lady Spank post... Shocked

But yeah, what LS said...

The only coward is the one who is looking for unfair fight.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#163 - 2012-01-11 11:26:38 UTC
Juliana Stinger wrote:

1. It isn't only a pvp game, otherwise ccp wouldn't release "Tyrannis" trailer to convince new players that eve online is not only about shotting.
2. I am not upset to pvp or any other pilot, it's just fun doing that on pvp fitted ship, not on ship that is effective only for PVE encounter.

Its not JUST a pvp game, its a pvp game with pve elements, however, everything is designed to be a form of competition with other players(hence, pvp).

Don't trust CCPs trailers, they released the 'Future Vision' trailer that clearly showed a capsuleer getting shot in the face in a station. After CCP released a statement saying that shooting each other in station would never happen.

Your second issue is actually relevant, til you realize that the intent(as with all low/nullsec pve situations) is that you have a couple extra doods in pvp ships sitting around to catch anyone who tries to gank you. The rewards should be high enough to pay them, while still allowing everyone to make enough isk to come out ahead of anything you can do in highsec. Its higher risk, and therefor should provide a higher reward. Once you understand this, you will finally be on your way to understanding what eve is about.

Finally, if you want pure carebear pve in space, you finally have an option. The Old Republic is over ---> that way.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Tallian Saotome
#164 - 2012-01-11 11:27:30 UTC
Juliana Stinger wrote:
Gothikia wrote:
Lady Spank wrote:
Some people run low sec incursions because they enjoy the opportunity for PVP that they present. Cowards stay in high sec with the rest of the scrubs.

If you think there is too much money to be made, or too many people running them then do something different. It's rather hypocritical to complain about how much money they make when you happily run them yourself. I assume you are complaining about the ISK rewarded, your rant was pretty incoherent.

I just totally agreed with a Lady Spank post... Shocked

But yeah, what LS said...

The only coward is the one who is looking for unfair fight.

OH NOES GAIZ!!! HE IMPUNGED YOU EHONOUR!!!! Shocked

Raven Ether
Doomheim
#165 - 2012-01-11 11:34:24 UTC
Nerf Incursions please.

Buff nullsec.
Endeavour Starfleet
#166 - 2012-01-11 11:53:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Endeavour Starfleet
Xorv wrote:
Just allow some way for players to side with the Sansha against the farmers without CONCORD interference, then the profitability can remain high without throwing rsk vs reward out the window. Failing that just remove Incursions from High Sec altogether.

No thanks. No matter which way you cut it. It is still a "I wantz free hisec targets to attack" Earn up enough to get a gank ship if you want to fight incursion runners so bad. Incursions don't need this nerf.

And then you say if you cant haz your free targets you want to remove good hisec grouping. Bias much? Removing them from hisec will just lead to people going back to Lvl4 missions.
Tallian Saotome
#167 - 2012-01-11 12:11:24 UTC
Endeavour Starfleet wrote:
Xorv wrote:
Just allow some way for players to side with the Sansha against the farmers without CONCORD interference, then the profitability can remain high without throwing rsk vs reward out the window. Failing that just remove Incursions from High Sec altogether.

No thanks. No matter which way you cut it. It is still a "I wantz free hisec targets to attack" Earn up enough to get a gank ship if you want to fight incursion runners so bad. Incursions don't need this nerf.

And then you say if you cant haz your free targets you want to remove good hisec grouping. Bias much? Removing them from hisec will just lead to people going back to Lvl4 missions.

I have a question. Are you one of those people who complained about raiders getting exclusive access to tier gear so much that Blizzard gave in and gave equal gear to everyone?

Endeavour Starfleet
#168 - 2012-01-11 12:15:25 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Xorv wrote:

I have a question. Are you one of those people who complained about raiders getting exclusive access to tier gear so much that Blizzard gave in and gave equal gear to everyone?

I am not a WoW player. (Or are you talking about that starcraft stuff I cant play for more than 2 mins before my mouse hand hurts?) Either way it is off topic.
Anzsi
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#169 - 2012-01-11 12:58:31 UTC

Only what I have to say.

NERFF High sec incursions.

And why?

High sec ppl get too easy-, fast-isk and no risk. No sence to go low sec or 0.0
if I get isk alot easyer in high sec. OFC its great if ppl get more isk, so I can sell shuttle +100mil. Rich high sec ppl will buy that anyway. If not...Well its my lost :P

Im silent now. My next forum-post will be someday this year. I hope this wolrd not end 21.12.2012
Tallian Saotome
#170 - 2012-01-11 13:01:36 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:

I am not a WoW player. (Or are you talking about that starcraft stuff I cant play for more than 2 mins before my mouse hand hurts?) Either way it is off topic.

Referring to WoW, sorry.

And actually, its not off topic, because it was those arguments, which are just like your arguments, that directly caused the massive decline of wow. When people who work hard are no longer the only ones who get the goodies, they quit the game because there is nothing to work for. When the people who want it that way get their way, they get bored and quit because they are no goals to set that they can't easily get to.

There is some complicated psychology behind it, but simply put, there are 2 kinds of people. Those who get off on doing, and those who get off on achieving. The achievers just want the goal at the end of the tunnel, and as such will try to make it easy so they can be praised for how good they are. The doers enjoy the tunnel itself, and look for a new one as soon as they reach the goal. When achievers get to influence the design of a game, they ruin it for everyone, because the doers don't want it to be that easy, and the achievers won't get praised for achieving easy things.

If you are a doer, you want it as hard as possible. If you are an achiever, you will work to make absolutely sure you get your shiny, even if it means other people can't have fun.

Sadly, eve is a game where the point of a doers is usually to make someone elses game less fun, so its hard to filter who is who, unless you ask yourself who is trying to ruin the game for as many people as possible via changing the rules, vs who is trying to ruin the game by in-game griefing.

tl;dr if your rule changes make it easier for anyone without addressing a clear imbalance, you are doing it wrong.

Xuko Nuki
Heralds of Darkness
White Sky.
#171 - 2012-01-11 13:07:23 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Tallian Saotome wrote:

Referring to WoW, sorry.

And actually, its not off topic, because it was those arguments, which are just like your arguments, that directly caused the massive decline of wow. When people who work hard are no longer the only ones who get the goodies, they quit the game because there is nothing to work for. When the people who want it that way get their way, they get bored and quit because they are no goals to set that they can't easily get to.

There is some complicated psychology behind it, but simply put, there are 2 kinds of people. Those who get off on doing, and those who get off on achieving. The achievers just want the goal at the end of the tunnel, and as such will try to make it easy so they can be praised for how good they are. The doers enjoy the tunnel itself, and look for a new one as soon as they reach the goal. When achievers get to influence the design of a game, they ruin it for everyone, because the doers don't want it to be that easy, and the achievers won't get praised for achieving easy things.

If you are a doer, you want it as hard as possible. If you are an achiever, you will work to make absolutely sure you get your shiny, even if it means other people can't have fun.

Sadly, eve is a game where the point of a doers is usually to make someone elses game less fun, so its hard to filter who is who, unless you ask yourself who is trying to ruin the game for as many people as possible via changing the rules, vs who is trying to ruin the game by in-game griefing.

tl;dr if your rule changes make it easier for anyone without addressing a clear imbalance, you are doing it wrong.

WoW player who rushed to nullsec thinking it was endgame detected.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#172 - 2012-01-11 13:08:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
Raven Ether wrote:
Nerf Incursions please.

Buff nullsec.

Bring back my Sanctums AttentionBig smile

to end dispute about PvP PvE game.. Let just keep it at EVE is an game. Big smile Everyone plays it for their reason/purpose and everyone can get their own view of what EVE as an game means for them.
Tallian Saotome
#173 - 2012-01-11 14:51:32 UTC
Xuko Nuki wrote:

WoW player who rushed to nullsec thinking it was endgame detected.

Spent 4 years in highsec before I moved to null in any serious way, but fyi, the most successful people living in null went there as noobs before they learned bad habits in highsec. Nor was I an endgame wow player, or any other mmo. Endgame is not where its at, unless you like elitist jerks.

Glad nullsec isn't endgame tho Blink

Argus Eritaramis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#174 - 2012-01-11 16:00:37 UTC
Incursions are fun!

Incursions dont need to be fixed, they are not broken.

A lot of things in EVE are not fun, so they need to be fixed.

Fix that which is broken, its a better use of your time, and a better way to generate more interested players.
After I found out how fun incursions are, several of my RL friends have come back to EVE, because I told that to my great surprise, EVE was fun again.

Incursions has a much larger FUN/hour factor than any other PVE content in EVE.

This is what should matter.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#175 - 2012-01-11 16:08:54 UTC
Argus Eritaramis wrote:
Incursions are fun!

Incursions dont need to be fixed, they are not broken.

A lot of things in EVE are not fun, so they need to be fixed.

Fix that which is broken, its a better use of your time, and a better way to generate more interested players.
After I found out how fun incursions are, several of my RL friends have come back to EVE, because I told that to my great surprise, EVE was fun again.

Incursions has a much larger FUN/hour factor than any other PVE content in EVE.

This is what should matter.

positive attitude ?

You must be new there.
Magosian
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#176 - 2012-01-11 16:09:39 UTC
Xuko Nuki wrote:
Prices are determined by manufacturing costs which revolve around base mineral value. Tell me why the price of mods would rise because of Incursions, please.
That of course is ideal but is often not the case in EVE. Rarity, more times than not, dictates the value of many faction/deadspace/officer items, despite nearly-equivalent items being a fraction of the cost, items which also happen derive their value from manufacturing costs. PLEX is also another market "heavy-hitter" which also does not [directly] have to do with manufacturing costs or mineral value.

Regardless, what I'm trying to say is manufactured goods themselves and how their value is derived is largely irrelevant, at least in a direct sense. To answer your question: I am suggesting, perhaps the buying power of the ISK is dropping due to inflation from incursions, which seem to arbitrarily "print" unbacked ISK at unmatched rates prior to Incarna's release. I think the steady rise in PLEX value since Incarna is a direct result of this. At any rate, manufactured goods are not immediately related right now, but they will be when the market is oversaturated with ISK that can't buy what it used to. The keypoint here is: is there significantly more ISK in the game than there was pre-Incarna, and is it causing inflation/deflation? My money is on "yes" and "inflation," no pun intended.

Malcanis wrote:
(To Xuko Nuki) You're forgetting that not everything on the market is primarily sourced from minerals. T2 ships/mods, LP store items, deadspace items, PI-derived goods.
Bingo.

Xuko Nuki wrote:
You're not answering why Incursions would effect any of those. If anything Incursions would mean cheaper LP store items.
True, but again, LP doesn't directly have to do with the point I'm trying to make (despite its value obviously decreasing, which is a sort of indicator as to what I think is going to happen to ISK). I mean it's ALL related under the umbrella which is the EVE market. Think of incursions as a running faucet; the faucet should be the focus. I don't care what gets wet, and I don't care where the water ends up a few days from now. I am concerned a faucet spewing gallons of water every second even exists. It's abnormal and potentially hazardous and someone should probably look into it (CCP).

And to your point, in case I didn't emphasize it enough yet is INFLATION. There isn't any need for us to look at the impacts of inflation; leave that to CCP's EVE market/economy guru(s). Overall, I am saying two things:

To CCP: "Hey, this running faucet exists. YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK INTO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT GET SOME STUFF WET!"
To players: "Who gives a damn if it's purified, distilled, if it came from the Yangtze, or the Nile, or the Rhine??? IT DOES NOT MATTER! IT COULD BE FLOODING!"

My belief is the EVE economy is getting injected with massive piles of ISK from incursions. There is little risk to them, thus stripping incursions of the EVE-defacto "risk versus reward" mantra (even at a metaphorical level). This same mantra is typically what separates EVE from most other/popular MMOs. Yes, I said it: I see little difference between incursions and WoW instances. I don't think the model belongs here. I also believe "risk versus reward" is what drives the core of the market (the market being, not coincidentally, another factor in making EVE unique when compared to other MMOs). I understand people wanted more PVE content but I don't think its payoff should have ever matched incomes of those who have setup shop in the more dangerous areas of space. Frankly, I thought wormholes were supposed to be the answer to this, but I guess the idea of lawless space is still too much for many to overcome. At any rateCCP doubled-up on the PVE solution by providing incursions. Personally I think it's a shame.

The ONE saving grace of incursions is it, ironically, provides people with so much ISK, then can now buy faction/deadspace/officer ships and items without breaking a sweat. I say ironically because this thread shows a fair amount of people who are appauled by the incomes in highsec due to incursions, yet these are the same people who provide the faction/deadspace/officer items which are being bought by those same incursion pilots. Hypocracy? Probably. But again, that's not the point.

I see a faucet spewing a lot of water. Please investigate the faucet and find out if it's too much water. Stop bitching about what kind of water it's spewing.

That's the point.
kenxi
The Green Dollar
#177 - 2012-01-11 16:19:55 UTC
I'm really getting sick of this no risk ****......... I take plenty of risks in my high sec incursion running logis can be cork suckers and nut everyone theres war targets that wipe the logis even running with a good group there can be large losses when someone makes a mistake. So GO BACK TO YOUR BLUE NAP FEST AND STFU OR GTFO I think WoW is more your style! ------------>

The % of morons is always greater than what you would expect it to be unless you always assume 100% of people are morons

Jalmari Huitsikko
Avanto
Hole Control
#178 - 2012-01-11 16:25:41 UTC
Meissa Anunthiel wrote:

We're not all in big alliances. And we certainly don't want to get rid of incursions.

Incursions are a great collaborative PvE experience, it brings people together in highsec (which is a good thing), gives some focus points where pvp can happen in lowsec as well as providing some much needed reward boost there, etc. So, no, we don't want to get rid of Incursions, they are a good thing.

The questions that need to be looked at as far as I'm concerned are:
- whether there are enough incursions or not. I believe they go away too fast in highsec, forcing continuous migration which isn't a good thing
- whether the overall rewards are appropriate. I believe the rewards are a tad too high in highsec, and fairly good otherwise, a bit on the low side in 0.0 but 0.0 has other income sources (or should have).
- whether sites are balanced (they're not, vanguards are too easy to do, the other sites are too annoying/long), diversity is good in terms of content, but the overall reward/time could use some harmonization.

If anything, we asked for more similar content, because it generates the kind of behavior (people getting together) and fun experience/gameplay that is beneficial to the game, so stop worrying :p

- Incursions go way too fast? People can farm them for days, which is very likely one problem. Migration is a good thing. Like Ooooh STARGATE and FLYING IN SPACE.

Otherwise I've been doing some incursions and getting up fleets that's not easy **** (for proper gang) and takes time. That's why bigger sites need oomph. Getting a bigger fleet running is much more difficult. VG fleet is still reasonably small and easier to get running without too much planning and spamming. Not to mention VG sites are pretty straightforward close to medium range "fights". VG's are good money but not so good I'd go decrease rewards much.

Instead of going nerf all hi sec **** I'd go boosting more difficult sites and low sec especially. 0.0 is controlled by alliances which already have their isk prints they don't especially need more goodies there. Well, at least not in form of incursions. 0.0 needs other **** to make it rewarding to gather corporations, alliances and actually taking effort to siege systems for months and stuff. All that crap does not reward anyone much, especially normal cannon fodder which is actually just paying isk to fund ships and then he pays taxes to corp for ratting and then he pays taxes at stations for refining and market. Pay pay pay pay pay pay pay.

Kahz Niverrah
Distinguished Johnsons
#179 - 2012-01-11 17:04:42 UTC
kenxi wrote:
I'm really getting sick of this no risk ****......... I take plenty of risks in my high sec incursion
Stopped reading here.

I don't always post on the forums, but when I do, I post with my main.

Hainnz
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#180 - 2012-01-11 19:36:42 UTC
I don't care about incursions one way or the other, but thinking about it, this game lives and dies with High Sec. If you squeeze players out of High Sec, you are more likely to squeeze them out of the game and not into low or hull sec.

IMO, make High Sec more fun, not less. A better game experience in High Sec means more people playing this game which in turn means more people out in Low and Null blowing each other up.