These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New temporary DB mirror for Singularity in preparation

First post First post
Author
MAS0RAKSH
Doomheim
#41 - 2016-01-29 00:56:38 UTC
yeah... so, just give out 2 mil SP to everyone.

Darth Behelzebhu
Lair of Demons
#42 - 2016-01-29 11:20:13 UTC
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Hi,

Within the next few days (possibly already tomorrow) we will move Singularity to a new DB mirror, but this will only be for a few weeks, then it will receive again a new mirror. This is in preparation for the new hardware for TQ - we need to test a few things for this.
Unfortunately the commands /copyskills and /copyships might be unavailable for some time - but I'll confirm this as soon as the new mirror happens.

Seeing as already a couple weeks have passed and no mirror, is this still accurate? About having 2 very close mirrors i mean; or when the new mirror is now applied will it stick longer?
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#43 - 2016-01-29 11:45:55 UTC
sisi still down. mirror is under way i assume
Captain Kitosa Hinoyosha
Doomheim
#44 - 2016-01-29 14:35:24 UTC
I see Singularity is still down. Makes you wonder are they doing it just to mess with people or are they really working on it...
Or are they racing down the hallways at work in office chairs and not really working :) lol
tangopapa7
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2016-01-29 15:10:20 UTC
Captain Kitosa Hinoyosha wrote:
I see Singularity is still down. Makes you wonder are they doing it just to mess with people or are they really working on it...
Or are they racing down the hallways at work in office chairs and not really working :) lol

I have to admit that made me laugh.

Certainly hope the mirror goes up, been unable to join the mass tests because of it :(
Captain Kitosa Hinoyosha
Doomheim
#46 - 2016-01-29 15:28:53 UTC
Im not too interested in the mirror moreso Sisi has been up and down for almost a week and CCP needs to make up their minds and either put it up and leave it alone or take it down and leave it be. but pick one...
Molly Duma
Perkone
Caldari State
#47 - 2016-01-30 22:35:25 UTC
Any Updates, CCP?
Jimy F
Strategic Isks Investments Corporation
#48 - 2016-01-30 23:07:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jimy F
CCP Habakuk wrote:
So yeah - our guys tried to switch the mirror + Sisi hardware today, but the setup took longer than expected, so we switched back to the old mirror. This work will continue on Monday.

^_^ i suppose this was week ago, in similar situation, so i gues answer be smilar
Brutor Chris
Monuments-Man-Inc.
#49 - 2016-02-01 14:06:48 UTC
When is the next DB mirror???
ISD Fractal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#50 - 2016-02-01 17:49:05 UTC
Quote:
31. Abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers is prohibited.

CCP operate a zero tolerance policy on abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers. This includes but is not limited to personal attacks, trolling, “outing” of CCP employee or ISD volunteer player identities, and the use of any former player identities when referring to the aforementioned parties.

Our forums are designed to be a place where players and developers can exchange ideas in a polite and friendly manner for the betterment of EVE Online. Players who attack or abuse employees of CCP, or ISD volunteers, will be permanently banned from the EVE Online forums across all their accounts with no recourse, and may also be subject to action against their game accounts.

I have removed a post for violating the above rule.

ISD Fractal

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Morozan
Doomheim
#51 - 2016-02-09 07:03:18 UTC
Any news on this?
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#52 - 2016-02-09 16:06:08 UTC
yes i saw the new mirror on jita 4-4 . they bought it and working to move the mirror to there but i dont see them any chance in iteron. perhaps the ccp has not yet completed server testing the new mirror is not going to be deployed for now
Shelick
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2016-02-09 21:42:05 UTC
hopeless...
Frank Athens
Arclight Industrial Operations
#54 - 2016-02-10 00:09:43 UTC
any updates?
Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#55 - 2016-02-10 00:15:45 UTC
goons stole mirror BPO , we will never see more mirrors anymore.
by the way they still working on the server hardware. give hem time, they spend free time on sisi to let us test things out,. they are not obliged to keep it online 24/7 they can also turn it off and say goodbye. so please dont push the buttons and wait as others
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2016-02-10 08:44:04 UTC
Hi folks,

With a lot of moving parts to the TQ Tech III upgrade, our Operations department are stretched very thin. They have a few tasks to do to move Singularity to its new home in a data center in Keflavik, and once those tasks are done then we will be able to reassess things like mirror application. ETA is pending our internal test servers being moved this week.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#57 - 2016-02-10 10:31:26 UTC
so we are getting mirror at beginning of next week? how sweet
Artemis Dalvik
Arxersize Industries
#58 - 2016-02-10 21:52:53 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Hi folks,

With a lot of moving parts to the TQ Tech III upgrade, our Operations department are stretched very thin. They have a few tasks to do to move Singularity to its new home in a data center in Keflavik, and once those tasks are done then we will be able to reassess things like mirror application. ETA is pending our internal test servers being moved this week.

I wont hold my breath. Server moves of this scale always have wrinkles. That said Im super excited to get access to the new mirror. I have 2 alts that are very interested in using Singularity and cant until the next mirror. Really appreciate the update.
CCP DeNormalized
C C P
C C P Alliance
#59 - 2016-02-14 13:04:16 UTC
Hey guys,

I'll find time to get this sorted in the next few days, hang in there a little longer :)

CCP DeNormalized - Database Administrator

Scotsman Howard
S0utherN Comfort
#60 - 2016-02-14 22:33:24 UTC
CCP DeNormalized wrote:
Hey guys,

I'll find time to get this sorted in the next few days, hang in there a little longer :)

Thank you for the update.