These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I've lost all desire to play Eve, what do I do?

Author
Sofiae
Family Friendly Prosperity Flotilla
#41 - 2016-02-13 11:58:33 UTC
My take on this is the opposite to OP.

I never could find a reason to make more ISK, but now there is a brilliant reason to do so: you can "level up".

Sof
Bruce Kemp
Best Kept Dunked
Train Wreck.
#42 - 2016-02-13 17:23:57 UTC
Come and visit Rancer. P
Avvy
Doomheim
#43 - 2016-02-13 17:31:22 UTC
Sofiae wrote:
My take on this is the opposite to OP.

I never could find a reason to make more ISK, but now there is a brilliant reason to do so: you can "level up".

Sof

Good point.

Isk to buy PLEX to sub, never interested me.

But isk for sp injectors, now that's worth doing.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#44 - 2016-02-13 17:43:36 UTC
Define your own objective?

Make a goal?

Dedicate your time and effort to teaching and supporting newer players?

Conquer the galaxy?

You seem like a smart guy (lol I'm just kidding), I'm certain you can figure out for yourself what would be the best course of action.
Maradusa Macarthy
Doomheim
#45 - 2016-02-14 00:38:30 UTC
Sneaky Little Bastard wrote:
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:
is there really any point to playing this game now??

It depends, do you like P2W games ?

I hate them actually. I never imagined that Eve would become like this.

So it's time to move on. My sub ends in one month too...

I think you're right. Afterall no since in waiting on a a sinking ship to sink.

I'm Done, biomassing now!
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#46 - 2016-02-14 00:47:02 UTC
Nick Bete wrote:
Oh my, yet another in a long line of "they're dumbing down the game and making it so much easier than back when I started when I had to walk to school in the snow uphill both ways" anti-SP trading threads...
Roll

Was it windy? I remember there always being wind.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#47 - 2016-02-14 01:14:49 UTC
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:

I hate them actually. I never imagined that Eve would become like this.

Think I too shall be joining you in DoomHeim soon.
Leeluvv
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2016-02-14 01:44:23 UTC
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:
[quote=Aida Nu]If you play for ISK you are doing it wrong. This is a game, play for fun.
If you are bored and dont have fun move on to other games.

Excellent point, but CCP just killed a very important element in this game that contributed to me having fun in this game which was seeking the wealth in uncharted territories. And now all you have to do is sell your own SP for isk which is just plain stupid to begin with and sigh.... why did CCP ever do such a thing to this game.

Stuff...

Exactly my point.

My brother who doesn't even play this game anymore gave me all his chars so now I'm finding it incredibly difficult resisting the temptation to drain the hell out of his characters for a whopping 100+bill isk. In contrast to making a measly 100-200 mill isk running a 6/10 or 8/10, that is a huge motivation killer. So it's like what's the point of playing the game anymore if isk is so easy to obtain just selling SP. How could CCP not realize the diminishing value this SP trading feature would have on the game down the road. It's like they've completely lost focus on what to do for Eve.

Stop making ISK and start playing the game, which you can do this in a T1 frigate. Try it, you might even like it.
Tweek Etimua
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2016-02-14 20:21:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Tweek Etimua
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:
Sigh, this game is soo dead to me now that I no longer have the desire to update any of my market orders anymore or do any more exploration since isk has become so cheap and easy to acquire now from selling unwanted SP. Other than PVP, is there really any point to playing this game now??

I probobly can't say anything that hasn't been said. However this poor attempt at revolting has a massive hole. Eventually you'll have spent the isk you earned..unless you never leave the station to lose/use isk. In which case, you ruined your game not ccp.

As far as you all sugjesting easy isk is making the game boring...I can not earn isk...I just suck at it. But I love to use it and lose. If anny of you want to re-energize your game, come fly with me, I'll help you put the isk to use.
Avvy
Doomheim
#50 - 2016-02-14 20:30:40 UTC
Tweek Etimua wrote:
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:
Sigh, this game is soo dead to me now that I no longer have the desire to update any of my market orders anymore or do any more exploration since isk has become so cheap and easy to acquire now from selling unwanted SP. Other than PVP, is there really any point to playing this game now??

I probobly can't say anything that hasn't been said. However this poor attempt at revolting has a massive hole. Eventually you'll have spent the isk you earned..unless you never leave the station to lose/use isk. In which case, you ruined your game not ccp.

The op has already joined Doomheim so there isn't any point to this thread any longer.
Kiandoshia
Applied Anarchy
The Initiative.
#51 - 2016-02-14 20:48:44 UTC
Rip
Scotchmo
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2016-02-14 22:34:14 UTC
RIP
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#53 - 2016-02-14 22:41:38 UTC
RIP.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#54 - 2016-02-14 22:41:58 UTC
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:

I would ask for your SP, but I see you've already gone to Doomheim *le sigh*

Can I have anyone else's SP in that case, then?

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Hani Tian
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2016-02-14 22:49:38 UTC
Well if you had actually lost all desire to play eve, you wouldn't be playing it anymore.
Inuro Enderas
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#56 - 2016-02-14 22:49:39 UTC
Daniela Doran wrote:
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:

Think I too shall be joining you in DoomHeim soon.

I definitely cancelled the subscription. Don't care much about biomassing, but playing is pointless now.
Osmonde Jr
Mission Running Slaves
#57 - 2016-02-15 02:00:51 UTC
Sobaan Tali wrote:
Keep in mind, even if an account elapses in its payment method (run out of game time or stop paying for account without PLEX'ing it), all the relevant data stays on CCP's database permanently. I have an old account that's been inactive since 2011-2012 time frame and it's still there according to the account manager website. I could should I have need to reactivate that account and all characters on it would be right where I left them. Taking a break, even a long one, does not necessarily require biomassing or closing accounts. I'm sure CCP won't mind, unless I'm wrong. You could just snag a PLEX now/later and just resub at a later date when you're ready to come back -- account manager allows you to reactivate an old account for a 4-hour grace period to PLEX defunct accounts by using PLEX in game (just don't abuse it).

In any case, what ever you end up deciding to do now, fly safe and go nuts, mate.

They do keep is as I unsubbed my last account in 2013 (most of my alts in 2011) in disappointment of the expansions. The only problem is that it will take a day or 2 with support if you don't remember a single login or password info when you do it during a released update like skill trading.

Perkin Warbeck wrote:
Maradusa Macarthy wrote:

Sorry what's changed again? Four days ago I could buy a character off the Character Bazaar or any ship in game with plex and do whatever I wanted to. The pay to win boat sailed a long, long time ago so keep up.

It is quite amusing with the arguments of how skill trading is p2w. I remember in 08 when I first tried the game I learned you can buy gtc's> sell it on the market > I can use the isk to purchase a toon. So guess what? I dropped cash bought a 50 mill sp toon that can fly every sub cap ship and proceeded to use left over isk to stomp on pve players learning to pvp and then when faced with a actual pvper get rofl stomped. The only difference now is that the price dropped as people think SP farming is going to be sustainable in comparison to just selling plex.
Gneeznow
Ship spinners inc
#58 - 2016-02-15 03:43:18 UTC
RIP in peace
Salah ad-Din al-Jawahiri
Dreamweb Industries
Novus Ordo.
#59 - 2016-02-15 07:18:29 UTC
Gneeznow wrote:
RIP in peace

The "in peace" part is redundant.

Agent of the New Order

Live by the Code - die by the Code.

The Voice of Highsec

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#60 - 2016-02-15 07:59:07 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:

Can I have anyone else's SP in that case, then?
Let's see. I have around 55k SP and I guess I could spare you a few thousand if you like.

I'll put in a ticket asking for a special one-off thousand SP extractor.

No promises, though.

Mr Epeen Cool