These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Time to Learn how to Create

Author
Melek D'Ivri
Illuminated Overwatch Group
#1 - 2016-01-30 01:08:08 UTC
So when I was able to open up a random ship information and see not just that I could or could not fly it, hoever over stuff and calculate how long it would take to get into that sweet hull, and realize the game was doing that for me, I was so happy. Seriously that was a little moment of joy, but it was awesome. I don't know if it was player feedback or Dev brilliance, but it worked, and it's great. Now here's a different problem.

I go to the industry tab. Or to the blueprint for said ship. No longer can I see how long and what parts I am missing. My proposal for this is to add additional tabs or information to blueprints and ship industry, because quite frankly blueprints are better than they used to be, but a far cry from where they could be.

I would love to be able to open up the tab of one of the only 9 ships I cannot build, go to the Manufacturing tab, scroll down to Requirements, Skills, look and see I need to train Capital Ship Construction to V to build a Ragnarok for example, and it have displayed overtop of this that it would take 45 days and change to learn to build it. Then I could go to for example a Tech 3 cruiser, and not just see the missing skills but also how far off I am from learning that.

Why is this important? It's not. It's handy. It's efficient for the players.

Secondary feature -
There is a component I do not have the skills to build, but I can build the ship. This would make a new advanced builder fall flat on their face like I did if they didn't catch it early enough. I was building a very large ship but was unable to create and manufacture 2 of the pieces for it, which took over 4 days of training. There should be additional information showing this, as opposed to checking a dozen component blueprints individually. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just Red X, Yellow Circle, Green Checkmark is fine.

Third Feature -
Mineral toggle. or alternatively, you can left click on a component to drop down and show the minerals needed to build it/them.

Here's an example.

http://snag.gy/LZ0jV.jpg (Ragnarok Blueprint) then you left click and the game would multiply the components needed by the number needed. http://snag.gy/yXAu9.jpg
Iain Cariaba
#2 - 2016-01-30 04:48:45 UTC
Show info buttons are already provided. Suggest you click them and see you already have access to this information.
Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Cauldron of Ecstasy
#3 - 2016-01-30 06:30:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarisen Gream
Melek- once again I will inform the masses

Open your industrial window - top left corner is a cig wheel - click that and you will see some options for showing "total minerals needed or minerals missing"

Most of what you asked for is already present - CCP just did a fantastic job of making it not (for lack of a bigger vocabulary) baka proof.

Edit: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/autocorrect

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Melek D'Ivri
#4 - 2016-01-31 23:57:07 UTC
@Iain Cariaba - I was more surprised how long it took to get a troll post, than the lack of number of them. +1 to you for that. Surprising me on how long it took part.

@Amarisen Gream - That's quite a nifty feature indeed, I didn't realize how simply you could Show In Industry Window from any blueprint, and then flip it from "Missing Parts" to "Total Needed"

However, that does not address any of my concerns or ideas, in the least.

Maybe if I number bullet point reiterate them it would help clarify.

1. CCP Implement a function that on opening a blueprint players do not have skills for, shows how LONG the missing skills will take to train.
2. Implement a function that will tell you if you can build a ship, module, or component in it's entirety with a visual represention that it can or cannot be built.
3. Make a function that tells you how many MINERALS or MATERIALS are missing. Currently opening the industry window only tells you what types of components and capital parts are needed for ships and how many you need to complete the missing parts or to fully build one from scratch. I want to be able to see that I need 1.435 billion units of tritanium, for one thing, not that I need an assortment of 700 different capital parts that need that much tritanium.
*New Feature*
4. Industry and blueprint browser. One of the most enjoyable parts of learning a new ship skill is seeing what you are close to being able to fly because it is completed, and what you unlocked in addition to the target ship. Blueprints have nothing even remotely close to this, If you aren't specifically looking to build something you have no idea what your skills can really do. I think giving players the ability to see that they can make a new Tech 2 module with only 12-15 hours of training would encourage many more players to delve into industry and creation in the game, or to dive in deeper from the basic stuff. Seeing that you learned how to make 5-6 new modules in the process of training for a single module might also be nice.
Melek D'Ivri
#5 - 2016-02-12 18:32:58 UTC
Did not get as much attention on this as anticipated, I figured I would have more people interested in something like this! Industry guys, come give your love, mates!
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#6 - 2016-02-12 19:38:05 UTC
Melek D'Ivri wrote:
Did not get as much attention on this as anticipated, I figured I would have more people interested in something like this! Industry guys, come give your love, mates!

Industry guy here. No. Don't care.

The skill requirements for the bulk of industry are so insignificant that there is very little use-case for this.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/