These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Old camera option will be removed Mars 9'th

First post First post
Author
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#21 - 2016-02-11 18:59:36 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
If you get motion sickness buy a smaller screen or stop playing spinning ship in station.

Roll

Yes, if there's a problem caused by the game, let's not talk about it.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#22 - 2016-02-11 19:00:42 UTC
They really do seem to have a hard-on for form-over-function UI changes, lately. Roll

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Vic Jefferson
ElitistOps
WE FORM V0LTA
#23 - 2016-02-11 19:02:35 UTC
Please do not do this.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#24 - 2016-02-11 19:02:47 UTC
I think they've been overheating the Overly Aesthetic Module too much of late, too

:,(

Bumble's Space Log

Officer Pressly
Doomheim
#25 - 2016-02-11 19:20:49 UTC
Just consider this, alot of players didnt read the dev blog, they just turned the new camera off. Guess they will be in for a suprise when it suddenly as of 9'th of mars doesnt exist anymore lol..
Ibutho Inkosi
Doomheim
#26 - 2016-02-11 19:24:20 UTC
Daemun Khanid wrote:
Its become quote obvious I think. Included with the new camera are changes to the tracking camera that effect gameplay and make it easier for lp farmers and miners to escape. The addition of extra key presses to track objects on overview and taking away the ability of tracking camera to watch the direction a ship is traveling when it enters warp. I havent logged in today but supposedly they have partially restored tracking ships as they enter warp but only if you are on grid with them and tracking them before they begin the process. Which essentially means any ship sitting and spamming dscan will still be untrackable and uncatchable. So long as the old camera is available they cant save the bears so it therefore must be removed.

Carebears and farmers everywhere should be celebrating. Its apparent that CCP have decided to put all their efforts into making their lives easier. It seems eve is well on its way to becoming nothing but a gold farm. I fully expect input broadcasting to be unbanned any day now.

EDIT: Apparently the fact that you can't track ships that have already initiated the warp process is unintended so I retract. :) Now if they will just get rid of all the camera inertia and give us back toggled camera tracking instead of requiring constant shortcut use things will start to look up.
ROFL that's a lot of trouble to go to just to gank a "carebear". I'm glad you're enjoying the game to it's depth.

As long as the tale of the hunt is told by the hunter, and not the lion, it will favor the hunter.

Daemun Khanid
Corbeau de sang
#27 - 2016-02-11 19:40:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemun Khanid
Ibutho Inkosi wrote:
Daemun Khanid wrote:
Its become quote obvious I think. Included with the new camera are changes to the tracking camera that effect gameplay and make it easier for lp farmers and miners to escape. The addition of extra key presses to track objects on overview and taking away the ability of tracking camera to watch the direction a ship is traveling when it enters warp. I havent logged in today but supposedly they have partially restored tracking ships as they enter warp but only if you are on grid with them and tracking them before they begin the process. Which essentially means any ship sitting and spamming dscan will still be untrackable and uncatchable. So long as the old camera is available they cant save the bears so it therefore must be removed.

Carebears and farmers everywhere should be celebrating. Its apparent that CCP have decided to put all their efforts into making their lives easier. It seems eve is well on its way to becoming nothing but a gold farm. I fully expect input broadcasting to be unbanned any day now.

EDIT: Apparently the fact that you can't track ships that have already initiated the warp process is unintended so I retract. :) Now if they will just get rid of all the camera inertia and give us back toggled camera tracking instead of requiring constant shortcut use things will start to look up.
ROFL that's a lot of trouble to go to just to gank a "carebear". I'm glad you're enjoying the game to it's depth.

Using the tracking camera to locate targets with dscan and then the watch them as the warp away so you can see where they are going? If that seems extravagant to you then you must be pretty bored sitting in station all day. It's pretty standard practice so your comment really just serves to make you look clueless. And it's not just about ganking carebear miners, it's about ALL pvp combat whether it's null sec, low sec or FW. Roll

Daemun of Khanid

Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2016-02-11 20:18:17 UTC
I did wonder why nothing happen when i was pressing "C" ... Shocked

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#29 - 2016-02-11 21:21:50 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
With the new camera angles and settings, I get what I assume is pretty bad motion sickness - I really hope that they don't remove the old camera settings permanently. :(

Same, and I'm fairly certain it's due to the reduced FOV.

If anyone knows if it's possible to increase the FOV on the new camera, please let me know.

Have you tried unchecking all of the camera options? I find that more or less (but emphasis on 'less', really) that brings things back to normal.

CCP - acknowledge the problems this 'upgrade' causes, please!

Thanks, turning off "dynamic field of view" helped, but I still get this nauseating, almost claustrophobic feeling with the new camera on, it's hard to explain.

I really feel like CCP are just reinventing the wheel here, why can't they just leave the old camera as an option?

They can't because the code is very old. So they had to write a new camera code, and instead of making a clone of the camera everybody knows and uses, they just had to leave their little footprint and make a completely new camera that works like sh*t and makes people motion sick.

Then, instead of agreeing that nobody asked them that camera so better just clone the old one, they beg our feedback so we point at them what the **** is wrong with THEIR camera, and with any luck they may find a partial solution to the issues while grumbling at how delicate are some stomachs among the playerbase and the general inability of customers to understand the Psssshhhh.

What they will not do, under no circunstance, is to clone the old camera with new code, and of course the old code will be gone no matter the what with the new camera.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#30 - 2016-02-11 21:25:10 UTC
motion sickness: In case CCP doesn't address this for you -- Try drinking some ginger ale, or taking a ginger capsule.

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#31 - 2016-02-11 21:37:34 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
With the new camera angles and settings, I get what I assume is pretty bad motion sickness - I really hope that they don't remove the old camera settings permanently. :(

Same, and I'm fairly certain it's due to the reduced FOV.

If anyone knows if it's possible to increase the FOV on the new camera, please let me know.

Have you tried unchecking all of the camera options? I find that more or less (but emphasis on 'less', really) that brings things back to normal.

CCP - acknowledge the problems this 'upgrade' causes, please!

Thanks, turning off "dynamic field of view" helped, but I still get this nauseating, almost claustrophobic feeling with the new camera on, it's hard to explain.

I really feel like CCP are just reinventing the wheel here, why can't they just leave the old camera as an option?

They can't because the code is very old. So they had to write a new camera code, and instead of making a clone of the camera everybody knows and uses, they just had to leave their little footprint and make a completely new camera that works like sh*t and makes people motion sick.

Then, instead of agreeing that nobody asked them that camera so better just clone the old one, they beg our feedback so we point at them what the **** is wrong with THEIR camera, and with any luck they may find a partial solution to the issues while grumbling at how delicate are some stomachs among the playerbase and the general inability of customers to understand the Psssshhhh.

What they will not do, under no circunstance, is to clone the old camera with new code, and of course the old code will be gone no matter the what with the new camera.

Are you just fundamentally incapable of responding to anything CCP does with anything less than foaming-at-the-mouth hysterics?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Jajuka Cirim
#32 - 2016-02-11 21:49:10 UTC
Zooming in first person is really quite a disappointment. Time for 4K skyboxes.
Officer Pressly
Doomheim
#33 - 2016-02-11 21:54:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Officer Pressly
Take a step back, and realize that this isnt about how the camera works. That is for the feedback thread :) This is the concerned thread about the fact that we will in less than a month be stuck with a camera that lacks the functionality of the old camera. We need to inform the general eve population. I'm not against a new camera, but it needs to have the functionality of the old camera, before the old one gets ripped out of the game. Shocked
Tamazaki
Doomheim
#34 - 2016-02-12 11:19:51 UTC
Jajuka Cirim wrote:
Zooming in first person is really quite a disappointment. Time for 4K skyboxes.

Yeah I noticed that o.O

I zoomed right back out again and tried to pretend I hadn't seen it!
Max Fubarticus
K Diamond Holding LTD.
Bullets Bombs and Blondes
#35 - 2016-02-12 11:38:16 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Good, the new camera is superior in literally every way. If you're still using the old camera after seeing what the new one can do you have serious issues.

Can't say that I am a fan of the new camera. Have better things to do than.. alt + shift + tab + ctrl + F8 + ... when all I want to do is get from point A to Point B.

All the gee whiz fancy pants crap is fine for frapping and what not. And yes, I do have serious issues with stupid. Cause you can't fix stupid, you can only mitigate the damage.

Max

Civil discourse is uniquely human. After all, when is the last time a pride of lions and a herd of water buffalo negotiated SOV over a watering hole? Never. Someone either gets their ass kicked or eaten. At the end of the day someone holds SOV.

Max Fubarticus
K Diamond Holding LTD.
Bullets Bombs and Blondes
#36 - 2016-02-12 11:39:21 UTC
Officer Pressly wrote:
Take a step back, and realize that this isnt about how the camera works. That is for the feedback thread :) This is the concerned thread about the fact that we will in less than a month be stuck with a camera that lacks the functionality of the old camera. We need to inform the general eve population. I'm not against a new camera, but it needs to have the functionality of the old camera, before the old one gets ripped out of the game. Shocked

agree

Civil discourse is uniquely human. After all, when is the last time a pride of lions and a herd of water buffalo negotiated SOV over a watering hole? Never. Someone either gets their ass kicked or eaten. At the end of the day someone holds SOV.

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#37 - 2016-02-12 13:11:53 UTC
Thanks for the info, OP. Good to know...and sucks at the same time.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

MidnightWyvern
The Bosena Accords
#38 - 2016-02-12 13:31:35 UTC
Valthax Kelkore wrote:
It's the Incarna bs all over again.

They have the option to go back to the now "legacy" map and "legacy" scanning techniques, I'm baffled as to why they cannot/will not do the same for this new awful camera.

Are you ******* serious? You are actually going to say that changing the camera is equivalent to Incarna?

Now that I'm done throwing up, I'll simply ask all of you here why you aren't in the feedback threads for the new camera providing input as to potential changes instead of making yourselves look like whiney man-children in GD?

Having used the first iteration of the new camera and found it quite lacking, it's easy to see that the version on TQ has been changed considerably for the better based on player feedback. That would seem to indicate that the more feedback we provide, the better the new system will be.

Of course, I guess I'm forgetting that changing any game mechanic in any way whatsoever will kill the game dead. You know, just like it did all those other times!

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#39 - 2016-02-12 13:36:55 UTC
MidnightWyvern wrote:

Now that I'm done throwing up, I'll simply ask all of you here why you aren't in the feedback threads for the new camera providing input as to potential changes instead of making yourselves look like whiney man-children in GD?

Some of us did, now kindly disembark

Bumble's Space Log

MidnightWyvern
The Bosena Accords
#40 - 2016-02-12 13:46:39 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
MidnightWyvern wrote:

Some of us did, now kindly disembark

That's great to hear. My derogatory response was aimed at the people who haven't.

Rattati Senpai noticed us! See you in the next FPS!

Alts: Saray Wyvern, Mobius Wyvern (Dust 514)