These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Citadel market speculation

First post
Author
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#1 - 2016-02-09 10:09:41 UTC
So, with the new Citadels fast approaching, what will be the impact on the market?

My 2 cent guess is that there will be a huge spike in the demand for minerals, in order for everyone to build enough Citadels to replace all of their existing POSes.

Which brings up another question: what is going to happen to the existing POSes? Will CCP exchange POSes for Citadels, or just make the POSes all go away? I tend to think they will just make them go away, with or without some sort of reimbursement in ISK.
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#2 - 2016-02-09 10:41:24 UTC
There is a reason I am totally leaving the PLEX market (not that I was heavily invested into it), and it's indirectly linked to Citadels.

I'm expecting 1 PLEX to fall in value against any of ISK, minerals, tech 1 ships, components or tech 2 ships, with the sharpest drop in the PLEX:ISK exchange rate.

Of course, I'm looking to exploit any spike with the skillpoint extractors on my way out of the market.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#3 - 2016-02-09 12:39:46 UTC
The hoarding of minerals, is already impacting 'high turnover product' prices in the market.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#4 - 2016-02-09 12:56:48 UTC
I'm expecting yet more of an impact on salvage and P4 PI products.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

jerppu2
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2016-02-09 17:59:42 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:

My 2 cent guess is that there will be a huge spike in the demand for minerals, in order for everyone to build enough Citadels to replace all of their existing POSes.

People can't replace their POS's with Citadels, except if their POS has just setup for compressing or reprocessing. For the rest, POS's will remain until more service modules are released... as far as I have understood.

But still, these might have big impact on market. It would have been even bigger impact if Citadels would have really replaced POS functionalities.
0000000000ZERO0000000000
Zero Zentharis
#6 - 2016-02-09 22:26:10 UTC
Up until --AA citadel modules come out, you shouldnt see much of an exodus from POSes. Depending on how broker fees and sale taxes handled by citadels, we might see a number of market citadels.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#7 - 2016-02-10 09:31:55 UTC
It's not speculation when you know what will happen

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Captain IQ
Innocent Traders Ltd
#8 - 2016-02-10 17:09:41 UTC
Don't be surprised if Caldari/Nitrogen Isotopes begin to normalise because of the Citadel Fuel Blocks decision (latest dev blog), some will still be needed for researching the BPCs but the gamble that it will be one or the other or a combination of them isn't now going to pay off.

I'm guessing with modules you won't be so dependant on them for researching stuff now either, since you'll be able to use any flavour.