These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stable minimum prices for characters with the new skill mechanics

First post
Author
Crispy
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2016-02-10 10:51:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Crispy
With the new skill extractor/injector mechanics comes the changing of the character bazaar. The demand/offer balance will still matter of course but from now on there will be a minimum price for any character.

Every 500k SPs over the 5 mil mark will be worth at least ( I - E ) isk, where I is the sale price of the injector and E is the buy price of the extractor. The extractor can be obtained from PLEX also, and its value is P * 800 / 3500, where P is the price of a plex. As of today's prices, this means approx. 350 mil isk for every 500k SPs, or 0.7 bil isk for every 1 mil SP over 5 mil, NO MATTER IN WHICH FIELD THOSE SPs ARE TRAINED.

Any character bought for less than that means instant profit.

Enjoy :)
Merkatori
Destination.Unknown
#2 - 2016-02-10 11:02:18 UTC
dont foget about 5.5kk sp which you cant sell
Crispy
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2016-02-10 11:07:25 UTC
Merkatori wrote:
dont foget about 5.5kk sp which you cant sell

you are right - edited, thank you
Angelina Smart
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-02-10 11:14:52 UTC
I think the market trend in Character bazaar determines the value of SP not the extractor/injector price. It seems the introduction of the new skill injection mechanism has had no impact on the price of characters bought/sold after the patch.
Crispy
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2016-02-10 11:19:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Crispy
Angelina Smart wrote:
I think the market trend in Character bazaar determines the value of SP not the extractor/injector price. It seems the introduction of the new skill injection mechanism has had no impact on the price of characters bought/sold after the patch.

You are right, and i have already said that the demand/offer balance will matter. What the injector/extractor prices determine is the minimum value of SP not the final one which will normally be greater than that, as any seller will have the option to transform his character's SPs into skill injectors instead of selling for less. As for the reaction of the market, this is the usual inertia at work :)
ISD Fractal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#6 - 2016-02-10 13:58:37 UTC
Moved to Market Discussions.

ISD Fractal

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Tainted Psyche
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-02-10 15:02:21 UTC
At least now one can see how gready the people selling the caracters really are and how they are trying to push prices up
Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
#8 - 2016-02-10 15:27:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Aptenodytes
Greedy? I don't think so. Would you sell an unwanted Megathron for less than the cost of the minerals you could get if you reprocessed it? Same applies to SP's. Would you sell a character for less than you could get by extracting the SP and selling them? The only people who would do so, are those too lazy or unknowledgeable to extract the skills.

Don't forget to take the transfer fee into account when looking at sale price. The formula would be:

Min Price = (S-5000000)/500000 * (I-P*800/3500) + 2*P

where S = skill points, P = PLEX price, I = injector price

Of course buyer doesn't pay transfer fee, so if someone is dumb enough to sell a character for less than (S-5000000)/500000 * (I-P*800/3500), you're laughing.
Crispy
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2016-02-10 16:04:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Crispy
Aptenodytes wrote:
Don't forget to take the transfer fee into account when looking at sale price. The formula would be:

Right, but i wanted to point out what is the minimum isk amount that the seller can get without much headache, or the price under which the buyer would make profit by just transforming the skills into injectors and sell after the transfer is complete. For example, if you buy now a 105mil SP char with 60 bil you can make 70 bil after just 10 hours, so 10 bil net profit - not bad :) And taking in account that the field of these SPs does not matter, i expect this will raise the prices on the character bazaar pretty soon.
Valihra
Drifter Appreciation Society
#10 - 2016-02-10 18:47:25 UTC
You also have to take into account the time necessary to get a good price for the injectors and the risk of the market screwing the people over. There has to be a pretty good margin for people to buy the character in order to drain it.
Tainted Psyche
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2016-02-10 21:58:19 UTC
It is often gready if you take in to consideration that you can play the caracter the whole time that you skill him. so you have some sort of revenue or fun with it in the meantime. sadly most of the caracters being sold on the bazaar arent actually being played. People are buying them all up and people that want to buy them to use them are often being screwed over
Aptenodytes
Reckless Abandon
#12 - 2016-02-11 10:41:07 UTC
Tainted Psyche wrote:
It is often gready if you take in to consideration that you can play the caracter the whole time that you skill him

That's like saying it's greedy to sell a Megathron at full market price because you can use it to play the game the whole time before selling it. Or you should sell your house at half its' market value, because you can live in it in the meantime.

Why would you NOT sell an item (whether a ship, module, character, or extracted skills) at the maximum price someone is willing to pay for it? There's absolutely no reason to sell something cheaper than the market value.