These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Command Destroyers and the Station Grid

Author
Era'kanath
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2016-02-09 04:48:51 UTC
I have recently discovered someone using the area-micro-jump mechanic from the Minmatar Command Destroyer (Bifrost) to jump people from the station, 100km's away from it- to web/scram and kill- of course unconsentually.

This Should be classed as an exploit and dealt with before it gets out of hand- last person I saw use it was called 'rarekin soul' .

"The more we sweat in peacetime, the less we bleed in war."

Tragot Gomndor
Three Sword Inc
#2 - 2016-02-09 11:08:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Tragot Gomndor
You mean that happens on the testserver? Hm, isnt there a no pvp rule on station grids in combat systems or something? Not sure.

NONONONONONO TO CAPS IN HIGHSEC NO

Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-02-09 13:10:51 UTC
Yes there is no PVP rule at the station but 100 KM u are far from the station i don't think its right that someone come MJD people 100km and then kill them that's against the rules
Lee Maulerant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-02-09 14:08:05 UTC
Smuff Gallente wrote:
Yes there is no PVP rule at the station but 100 KM u are far from the station i don't think its right that someone come MJD people 100km and then kill them that's against the rules

The MJD is a combat device/module, and there's no combat allowed at stations or stargates for threat of a ban. So by rights, using an MJD to move and/or kill players is against the rules.
Era'kanath
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2016-02-09 15:21:42 UTC
As of currently, the most enforced rule is "Do not engage on the Station and Gate grids in the 6-C system".

100km away from the station or gates is not enough, you need to be at Least 400-500km away.
For people who can't read, don't care (the majority of people who do it), or don't know- getting the victim 100km off the dock zone is well over enough to entrap them (web and scram), and either troll or destroy the ship and/or pod.

The last kill I recall taking notice of from a command destroyer, was a pod who got dragged 100km from the station- after just coming back from losing his ship to combat in a legitimate Combat Area zone.

"The more we sweat in peacetime, the less we bleed in war."

Spacial Girl
south pole correlation.
#6 - 2016-02-09 23:36:50 UTC
Not really just the 400-500km range, If it's on grid you're generally not allowed to shoot it.

We used to expand grids to get the pos (that now floods your overview) on grid, ISD at the time did enforce the rules treating it as being at station due to the situation.

TL:DR if it's on grid (0-16000km+) you shouldn't shoot it.