These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Tora Bushido for CSM 11

First post First post
Author
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#41 - 2016-02-04 09:59:39 UTC
Reluctant Deity wrote:
There you go again limiting Eve to two sides. Do you live in a society where there are only two sides? I doubt it.

You say, "DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !".

I say, "Defend the weak, for together we are stronger".
We were discussing ganking and yes, then there are only two sides. No need to bring in irrelevant societies in to the discussion. And you can say anything you want. If you want people to take you seriously, then also try to respect other peoples opinions. Have a nice day Blink

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#42 - 2016-02-04 12:54:20 UTC
Reluctant Deity wrote:
Tora Bushido wrote:
I have always picked the side of Eve Online's balanced content. You get the most fun, when both sides have equal opportunities. Currently I think attackers have more then the defenders. This is what I want to rebalance.

There you go again limiting Eve to two sides. Do you live in a society where there are only two sides? I doubt it.

You say, "DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !".

I say, "Defend the weak, for together we are stronger".



You know, your argument might have more weight behind it if you chose to post with your main, instead of hiding behind a 'consequenceless' alt.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Reluctant Deity
#43 - 2016-02-04 15:48:20 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
You know, your argument might have more weight behind it if you chose to post with your main, instead of hiding behind a 'consequenceless' alt.

Funny, to this day many people don't believe that William Shakespeare wrote all those great plays.

To post on my main would mean an instant declaration of war from the marshmallows.

"I made this so long because I did not have time to make it shorter." ~Blaise Pascal~

Nitshe Razvedka
#44 - 2016-02-04 21:00:17 UTC
Not one to favour one C&P associate over another, another bump for another day on the campaign trail.

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS.

Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

HoleySheet1
Deep-Fried Prawns with Lemon
#45 - 2016-02-04 21:37:37 UTC
Good luck tora, I haven't gone over your campaign but maybe you'll get in this time. Imagine us both getting in? Would I need a Kevlar vest? Just kidding.

Bon chance to a good administrator, even though your arrogance negates that to a degree.

Killing your ships and pods since 2008. Killboards don't lie, Don't get mad, get better.

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#46 - 2016-02-04 21:41:44 UTC
HoleySheet1 wrote:
, even though your arrogance negates that to a degree.

Quoted for irony

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#47 - 2016-02-04 21:45:08 UTC
Reluctant Deity wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
You know, your argument might have more weight behind it if you chose to post with your main, instead of hiding behind a 'consequenceless' alt.

Funny, to this day many people don't believe that William Shakespeare wrote all those great plays.

To post on my main would mean an instant declaration of war from the marshmallows.

I always felt if you can't own up to what you're saying perhaps you shouldn't be saying it Big smile

CoolCool

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Reluctant Deity
#48 - 2016-02-04 22:00:03 UTC
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
I always felt if you can't own up to what you're saying perhaps you shouldn't be saying it Big smile

CoolCool

In real life I agree with this. In a game where people are know to be extremely petty, not so much.

But hey, keep propping up your homies by trying to shoot down valid concerns.

Anyway, is there any proof of the CSM actually changing anything that the player base has asked for?

And by player base, I mean across the board.

"I made this so long because I did not have time to make it shorter." ~Blaise Pascal~

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#49 - 2016-02-04 22:11:29 UTC
Reluctant Deity wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
You know, your argument might have more weight behind it if you chose to post with your main, instead of hiding behind a 'consequenceless' alt.

Funny, to this day many people don't believe that William Shakespeare wrote all those great plays.

To post on my main would mean an instant declaration of war from the marshmallows.




It's fantastic that you compare yourself to Shakespeare, and it's at this point that you lose any and all credibility that you might've had.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#50 - 2016-02-04 22:31:53 UTC
Tora Bushido wrote:
* First of all, I don't want to be someone who is only complaining about things. If you complain about things, you should run for CSM and try to help out. Complaining is very easy, the CSM is hard work.

Running for CSM you do as a person, not a character you play in Eve. In real life I help people, in Eve I want to be evil. Don't mix them up when you vote, as the real life player wants be in the CSM.

You've got my vote for making these statements.

Reluctant Deity wrote:
Anyway, is there any proof of the CSM actually changing anything that the player base has asked for?

Not to de-rail this thread too far, but yes, there is plenty of proof of topics that the CSM and/or members of the CSM have advocated for being implemented by CCP. The CSM are not game developers; they're an advisory body. The actual development cycle and implementation of 'changes' is completely at the discretion of CCP. However, that doesn't mean the CSM doesn't have input into pushing for priorities for CCP to focus on and by assisting CCP in fleshing out ideas. Proof may be found by using this.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Reluctant Deity
#51 - 2016-02-04 23:07:53 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
It's fantastic that you compare yourself to Shakespeare, and it's at this point that you lose any and all credibility that you might've had.

You missed that one by a mile friend.

I was merely saying that the content is what should be weighed.

"To be or not to be, that is the question." Cool

"I made this so long because I did not have time to make it shorter." ~Blaise Pascal~

Nitshe Razvedka
#52 - 2016-02-05 06:06:06 UTC
Keep posting with your alt Deity, for all the things I have said about CODE I would be perma-deced.

Alts and the forums are part of Eve so don't change your game play to suit others.




Another bump for hisec.

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS.

Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#53 - 2016-02-05 08:21:45 UTC
Reluctant Deity wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
You know, your argument might have more weight behind it if you chose to post with your main, instead of hiding behind a 'consequenceless' alt.

Funny, to this day many people don't believe that William Shakespeare wrote all those great plays.

To post on my main would mean an instant declaration of war from the marshmallows.
On any other post then this you would be right (as thats what Tora does), but like I said before, this is a serious CSM post where we should be able to seriously discuss subjects. As a CSM you should be able to handle disagreements. If you cant, you shouldnt run for CSM.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Captain2Bun
Iron Riders
#54 - 2016-02-05 08:41:57 UTC
I would like to know your thoughts on the bounty system. I think the fix presented a few years ago was rushed and temporary and the whole system is overdue a rework. In my opinion kill rights work, but I think they are backwards. A player should be able to issue a kill right on a player for a reward to the person completing the kill. What are your thoughts on this?

I agree with your sentiments on bumping, though bump fatigue is a little extreme :) I think MJD's for haulers would be interesting.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#55 - 2016-02-05 08:59:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
I've had so many thoughts about the bounty system since they first started it and yes, it never really worked. Outside highsec people often fly small ships or pods, so getting 20% of the killmail is not worth it and in highsec there are so many people abusing it to scam players, that even if you see a killright, you often need to long to check it all before you activate it. Why would you need to buy a kill right at all, you're hunting down someone for someone else aka working.

Offering a reward on a certain player via a killright makes more sense. That also solves the problem of war deccing an entire alliance/corp just because you have issues with 1 guy.

Yeh, bumping fatigue is a bit to much, was just kidding. Lol MJD's for haulers. That would make ganking way harder. I'm ok with harder, unless it makes it almost impossible to gank, then it would be unbalanced again towards the other side. But yeh, something to look into to.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Reluctant Deity
#56 - 2016-02-05 17:14:41 UTC
At least bring back the criteria that a pilot has to have bad sec status before you can place a bounty on him/her. Perhaps have another mechanic for placing a "hit" on someone.

Bounty: an amount of money given to someone as a reward for catching a criminal

To put a big red, "WANTED" on someone implies that they've committed a criminal act.

"I made this so long because I did not have time to make it shorter." ~Blaise Pascal~

Nitshe Razvedka
#57 - 2016-02-06 08:32:24 UTC
Dreidel Goldberg wrote:
Israel has a right to defend itself, and also supports CSM candidate Vic Jefferson.



Didn't know the CSM election was so hard core political.Shocked

Well here goes:

Christian men who have a right to defend themselves support CSM candidate Tora Bushido.

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS.

Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

Nitshe Razvedka
#58 - 2016-02-08 07:44:20 UTC
Another bump to spank CODE an send them to bed with no ganking.

Thieving pirates discuss INTEGRITY; Anarchist gankers give us LAWS; and Whoring merc's cry then blow off clients with INSULTS.

Up is down and down is up in the C&P Forum.

Kaldi Tsukaya
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
#59 - 2016-02-10 06:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaldi Tsukaya
Reluctant Deity wrote:
At least bring back the criteria that a pilot has to have bad sec status before you can place a bounty on him/her. Perhaps have another mechanic for placing a "hit" on someone.

Bounty: an amount of money given to someone as a reward for catching a criminal

To put a big red, "WANTED" on someone implies that they've committed a criminal act.


Here, have a bountyBlink
Kaldi Tsukaya
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
#60 - 2016-02-10 07:06:20 UTC
"Bounty Hunter" could be a legitimate profession.

Make it a random mission-type endeavor from Concorde agents. You don't get to choose the target (which avoids gaming the system) and it pays a flat rate % of the bounty for bringing back the corpse to the Concorde agent.

You would have to have a non-negative security status, but would not suffer any security loss for killing your target and podding them.

Just an idea...