These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Regarding Dust on PC: PLEASE do it right!

Author
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2016-02-04 16:59:22 UTC
The writing is on the wall: FPS to space sim to everything in between, all-in-one type games are the new hotness. I can appreciate the EVE universe's effort to meet the new standard, and I understand why it's being done in a modular fashion. My hope is the transition between them is one day complete and seamless.

Now. What also comes to mind are the efforts that have been made in the past to bring avatar gameplay into EVE. Not just the stuff in stations, but also the dismounted exploration prototype, and the planetside flight.

The signs have been there. Had those ideas matured, EVE would have been at the forefront of this... trend.

I trust the motivations and commitment to modernizing the EVE universe are strong. I don't have any specific requests for their implementation because right now I'm just happy to see things moving in the right, general direction.
Kiandoshia
Applied Anarchy
The Initiative.
#22 - 2016-02-04 17:08:32 UTC
Good luck. Too you long enough to realise that this was actually the way forward... or wherever it ends up going.
Jacques d'Orleans
#23 - 2016-02-04 17:12:41 UTC
HOLLIE Hawke wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:
Annemariela Antonela wrote:
I hope they give it a snappy name like Dust: Too! or God Emperor of Dust, or maybe Dust 80085.

Dust 2: Electric Boogaloo
Back 2 the Dust
Dust Hard
Dust Harder
Dust Hard with a Vengeance
Dust 2016
Final Dustination
Dust and Dusterer
The Second Dusting
Du2t
Dust 2 Revenge
Dust 2.22 You can (not) have a Spaceship
Dust Afterstory
Dust Reloaded
Dust: The Beginning
23352 AD: Dust
Another one bites the Dust
One Game is Dust not enough
Return of the Dustbunnies
Dust 2D
Dust Resurrection
Dust Again
Dust Cause
Dust SE
Dust ME
D2: The Mighty Dust
Dust: Attack of the Clones

You are welcome, CCP.

Spawn and Dust Off

The Good, the Carebear and the Dust
Unce upon a time in the Dust arena
The seven Dustarai
The Magnificent Dust
Saving Private Dust
Dust in the City
Dust and Order
Judge Dust
Agents of D.U.S.T
The walking Dust
Dukes of Dust County
Episode VIIa: The Dust awakens
Dust Runner
Jeremy Kamira
#24 - 2016-02-04 20:02:53 UTC
Would the port of Dust have any interaction with the Eve universe at all?
Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2016-02-04 20:16:44 UTC
I really hope I can play with this character, like presented at Fanfest '14.
Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2016-02-04 20:22:24 UTC
HOLLIE Hawke wrote:
You may be excited, but many of my Dust corp mates can't afford a PC. It gave those less fortunate an opportunity to be involved in a community and friendships. As a Dust CEO and Eve player, I can tell you, that yesterday, after the announcement, I heard grown men cry and admit a piece of their heart had been ripped out. If Eve shut down......just think for a moment how you would feel. Not only would u lose a lot of friendships, but all the isk and aurum, all your skill points, all your equipment and ships. It would leave an irreplaceable hole in your life. TY for listening...I have to go and try to fix the hole in my heart now.

Completely understandable. But if you think about it, it should have been clear from the beginning: The PS3 is a decade old non-upgradeable system. A company won't maintain a game on ancient hardware forever, and the hardware was already ancient when Dust was released.
Danny Nuttall
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2016-02-04 20:32:41 UTC
I was wondering about the equipment and mods we can buy, trade and create in EvE that was for Dust but never happened. will they have anything to do with the new game and could we trade with the new mercs?

Aka the MatchMaker

Negativly
GO' R0V
Pandemic Horde
#28 - 2016-02-04 22:09:59 UTC
FPS sux
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#29 - 2016-02-04 22:46:53 UTC  |  Edited by: xxxTRUSTxxx
HOLLIE Hawke wrote:

You may be excited, but many of my Dust corp mates can't afford a PC. It gave those less fortunate an opportunity to be involved in a community and friendships. As a Dust CEO and Eve player, I can tell you, that yesterday, after the announcement, I heard grown men cry and admit a piece of their heart had been ripped out. If Eve shut down......just think for a moment how you would feel. Not only would u lose a lot of friendships, but all the isk and aurum, all your skill points, all your equipment and ships. It would leave an irreplaceable hole in your life. TY for listening...I have to go and try to fix the hole in my heart now.

I know many of our words will seem harsh and devoid of feeling, believe none of them, i was at fanfest and seen the reaction to what DUST could be, there was very loud cheering, lot's of excitement, I'm not gonna blow smoke up your assets Roll not many where happy it was going to be on a console, many of us asked about PS4 support and how that was going to happen because we knew as soon as the PS4 hit the markets there was a good chance the game would die. many thought it would see it's day on the playstation network, last for a couple of years and then be ported to PC, i guess we where bang on, all of us sitting having a few drinks Roll and a good chat about DUST about 5 hours after the DUST presentation. yes,, that very day many called it.

keep your people together, find a way to keep your friendships alive, i feel your pain and please tell your corpmates I'm sorry for their lose. games end man, but feck letting your friensships end because DUST has reached it's end, all we can do is hope they'll make DUST part II real soon. you're not alone and neither are your guys, Broadcast 4 Reps if they're needed. o7
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#30 - 2016-02-04 23:35:07 UTC
I think it will have issues like every CCP game they released, Just dont expect a rainbow unicorn of the game develpment. And if it will be rainbow unicorn, it will probably fart sulphurously and be ugly as hell. You should know it by now.
Annemariela Antonela
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2016-02-05 02:13:07 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
The writing is on the wall: FPS to space sim to everything in between, all-in-one type games are the new hotness. I can appreciate the EVE universe's effort to meet the new standard, and I understand why it's being done in a modular fashion. My hope is the transition between them is one day complete and seamless.

Now. What also comes to mind are the efforts that have been made in the past to bring avatar gameplay into EVE. Not just the stuff in stations, but also the dismounted exploration prototype, and the planetside flight.

The signs have been there. Had those ideas matured, EVE would have been at the forefront of this... trend.

I trust the motivations and commitment to modernizing the EVE universe are strong. I don't have any specific requests for their implementation because right now I'm just happy to see things moving in the right, general direction.

Eve will survive the Singularity, fifty odd years from now. And it will thrive. It will become Real, like the velveteen rabbit.

“Culture is like a smog. To live within it, you must breathe some of it in and, inevitably, be contaminated.”

― Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#32 - 2016-02-05 09:30:51 UTC
I hope this game is more sandbox-y than the usual FPS.
Previous page12