These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Skill Trading on Singularity (28.1.2016)

First post First post
Author
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-01-28 15:44:54 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Hi everyone!

This afternoon we are going to begin seeding Skill Extractors on Singularity to test the new Skill Trading feature. Hopefully extractors will be seeded in all markets but they will be seeded in 6-CZ49 at least. We appreciate any time you guys can spend testing, writing feedback or filing bug reports related to this feature.

Below I'm including some preliminary patch notes for the feature so you can see what to expect, roughly, but don't be surprised if we make more adjustments and additions before release.

Thanks a lot!

New Feature: Skill Trading

Summary: It will now be possible for players to trade skill points between each other on the in-game market using two new items, the ‘Skill Extractor’ and ‘Skill Injector’. For a detailed overview of the feature please take a look at these two dev blogs: Exploring the Character Bazaar and Skill Trading and Skill Trading in New Eden.

Added item ‘Skill Extractor’.

  • Can be purchased directly from the New Eden Store (after release)
  • Can be used to extract 500,000 skill points from your character and create a ‘Skill Injector’
  • When extraction is complete the Skill Extractor is consumed
  • Must be docked and have no active ship to use
  • Must have more than 5,500,000 trained skill points to use
  • There are a number of restrictions on what skills may be extracted including:

  • - Any prerequisite for another trained skill (Note here that you can extract if all dependent skills have been extracted first)
    - Infomorph Psychology
    - Advanced Infomorph Psychology
    - Cybernetics
    - Command Center Upgrade
    - Interplanetary Consolidation
  • Skill Extractors can be traded on the in-game market
  • - Listed under ‘Pilot’s Services’

    Added item ‘Skill Injector’
  • Once activated, Skill Injectors add skill points to your ‘unallocated’ skill point pool, which can then be distributed immediately, but will stay in the pool indefinitely if not used
  • Amount of skill points granted by Skill Injectors varies based on the total skill points trained previously on the character using the injector, according to the following scale:
  • - Less than 5,000,000 skill points trained = 500,000 unallocated skill points granted
    - Between 5,000,000 and 50,000,000 skill points trained = 400,000 skill points granted
    - Between 50,000,000 and 80,000,000 skill points trained = 300,000 skill points granted
    - More than 80,000,000 skill points trained = 150,000 skill points granted
    - The amount of skill points you will receive per injector will be highlighted for you in the show info page for the Skill Injector item
  • Skill Injectors are consumed immediately on activation
  • Skill Injectors can be traded on the in-game market
  • - Listed under ‘Pilot’s Services’

    In conjunction with the Skill Trading feature, we’ve made a number of changes and improvements to skill book injection and the training queue, specifically:

  • Skills can now be injected at any time, regardless of requirements
  • You must now meet all prerequisites before beginning to train a skill
  • Skills with untrained prerequisites can now be added to the queue if they come after prerequisite training
  • [*] Unallocated skillpoints can now be applied to your training queue

    @ccp_rise

    Scotsman Howard
    S0utherN Comfort
    Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #2 - 2016-01-28 15:51:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Scotsman Howard
    So one thing you guys did not address was how the /copyskills command will work with these.

    Unless you say otherwise, what is going to happen is someone is going to extract all of their skills, use the command to copy their skills, repeat the process, then inject all the skills lol.

    I may take a while but you know someone will do it till they have max skills.

    Is there something I am missing here as to why this will not happen?

    Edit: Granted this is on the test server only, and I am not 100% exactly how the /copyskills command works. If it actually copies the skill points themselves then there could be an issue.
    Querns
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation
    #3 - 2016-01-28 16:02:58 UTC
    Thank you so much for the ability to inject skillbooks without prereqs. This marks the end of basically all the issues I had with skill training.

    Scotsman Howard wrote:
    So one thing you guys did not address was how the /copyskills command will work with these.

    Unless you say otherwise, what is going to happen is someone is going to extract all of their skills, use the command to copy their skills, repeat the process, then inject all the skills lol.

    I may take a while but you know someone will do it till they have max skills.

    Is there something I am missing here as to why this will not happen?

    Edit: Granted this is on the test server only, and I am not 100% exactly how the /copyskills command works. If it actually copies the skill points themselves then there could be an issue.


    Who cares? It's a test server.

    This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

    JonnyPew
    Doomheim
    #4 - 2016-01-28 16:06:26 UTC
    \o/

    EVE Online video content creator

    http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPew

    EvilweaselFinance
    GoonCorp
    Goonswarm Federation
    #5 - 2016-01-28 16:07:28 UTC  |  Edited by: EvilweaselFinance
    CCP Rise wrote:

    In conjunction with the Skill Trading feature, we’ve made a number of changes and improvements to skill book injection and the training queue, specifically:

  • Skills can now be injected at any time, regardless of requirements
  • You must now meet all prerequisites before beginning to train a skill
  • Skills with untrained prerequisites can now be added to the queue if they come after prerequisite training
  • Unallocated skillpoints can now be applied to your training queue


  • OH HOLY HELL YES THIS IS THE GREATEST
    Steve Ronuken
    Fuzzwork Enterprises
    Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
    #6 - 2016-01-28 16:07:41 UTC
    The requirement to have the prereqs before training will be an issue for a small set of people, but I guess that's a small price to pay for the ability to queue stuff up properly Smile

    (People will Command Ships, but not the prereqs (as they changed) won't be able to train it any more. Still be able to use the ship though)

    Woo! CSM XI!

    Fuzzwork Enterprises

    Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

    pajedas
    Doomheim
    #7 - 2016-01-28 16:09:04 UTC
    What good is it if we can't even get on the Test Server?

    🐇

    Darkblad
    Doomheim
    #8 - 2016-01-28 16:13:24 UTC
    CCP Rise wrote:
    seeded in 4-CU69
    For those unfamiliar with Sisi:

    4-CU69 = 6-CZ49, which is traveled to easily by invoking a dialog by entering
    /moveme
    into any open chat window.

    4-CU69 does'nt exist anyway

    the unusial seeded item's price (100 Mill instead of 100) was chosen to prevent ... "funny people" from buying all, I assume?^^

    NPEISDRIP

    Darkblad
    Doomheim
    #9 - 2016-01-28 16:15:00 UTC
    pajedas wrote:
    What good is it if we can't even get on the Test Server?

    Try the sticky https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=423764&find=unread (and some patience)

    Sisi itself is currently up and open.

    NPEISDRIP

    pajedas
    Doomheim
    #10 - 2016-01-28 16:16:42 UTC
    Darkblad wrote:
    pajedas wrote:
    What good is it if we can't even get on the Test Server?

    Try the sticky https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=423764&find=unread (and some patience)

    Sisi itself is currently up and open.

    Thank you for trying to help.

    I'm very familiar with the test server.

    🐇

    Scotsman Howard
    S0utherN Comfort
    Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #11 - 2016-01-28 16:18:52 UTC
    Querns wrote:


    Who cares? It's a test server.


    That is a good question. CCP does not even seed faction modules on the test server because they do not like the "imbalance" it would cause.

    They have only ever allowed unlimited skills a few times to test things such as titans, etc.

    While I do not care because it is the test server, if they are going to allow this, they might as well allow faction mods to be seeded.

    CCP Cognac
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #12 - 2016-01-28 16:22:12 UTC
    Scotsman Howard wrote:
    Querns wrote:


    Who cares? It's a test server.


    That is a good question. CCP does not even seed faction modules on the test server because they do not like the "imbalance" it would cause.

    They have only ever allowed unlimited skills a few times to test things such as titans, etc.

    While I do not care because it is the test server, if they are going to allow this, they might as well allow faction mods to be seeded.



    We know of this but still needed to get the feature tested. Please don't abuse this as it will only end up with us disabling /copyskills and getting me into a bad mood.
    pajedas
    Doomheim
    #13 - 2016-01-28 16:23:37 UTC
    CCP Cognac wrote:
    Scotsman Howard wrote:
    Querns wrote:


    Who cares? It's a test server.


    That is a good question. CCP does not even seed faction modules on the test server because they do not like the "imbalance" it would cause.

    They have only ever allowed unlimited skills a few times to test things such as titans, etc.

    While I do not care because it is the test server, if they are going to allow this, they might as well allow faction mods to be seeded.



    We know of this but still needed to get the feature tested. Please don't abuse this as it will only end up with us disabling /copyskills and getting me into a bad mood.

    Wow, threatening us like a little kid. Way to go CCP.

    🐇

    Scotsman Howard
    S0utherN Comfort
    Test Alliance Please Ignore
    #14 - 2016-01-28 16:30:49 UTC
    CCP Cognac wrote:
    Scotsman Howard wrote:
    Querns wrote:


    Who cares? It's a test server.


    That is a good question. CCP does not even seed faction modules on the test server because they do not like the "imbalance" it would cause.

    They have only ever allowed unlimited skills a few times to test things such as titans, etc.

    While I do not care because it is the test server, if they are going to allow this, they might as well allow faction mods to be seeded.



    We know of this but still needed to get the feature tested. Please don't abuse this as it will only end up with us disabling /copyskills and getting me into a bad mood.



    Lol thanks for the reply. It was not something I was planning for most of my mains (Maybe an alt just for the fun of it :) ). Having my toons at a higher skill point than the main server would not help me with any testing that needed to be done.

    As for us putting you in a bad mood, is it even possible to be a CCP Dev and not be in a bad mood because of the things us player abuse? It is kind of what we do.
    pajedas
    Doomheim
    #15 - 2016-01-28 16:39:56 UTC
    Scotsman Howard wrote:
    As for us putting you in a bad mood, is it even possible to be a CCP Dev and not be in a bad mood because of the things us player abuse? It is kind of what we do.

    William Wallace wrote:
    There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it.

    🐇

    Darkblad
    Doomheim
    #16 - 2016-01-28 16:40:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
    .

    NPEISDRIP

    DJ Bismarck
    The Bismarck Factor
    #17 - 2016-01-28 16:49:59 UTC
    Are there any plans to be able to remove skills with 0 SP from your character sheet? I don't even want the skillbook back.... :)
    arcyaxiom
    Arcy Venture Corp
    #18 - 2016-01-28 16:54:39 UTC  |  Edited by: arcyaxiom
    Steve Ronuken wrote:
    The requirement to have the prereqs before training will be an issue for a small set of people, but I guess that's a small price to pay for the ability to queue stuff up properly Smile

    (People will Command Ships, but not the prereqs (as they changed) won't be able to train it any more. Still be able to use the ship though)



    If it's such a small set of people that you think "screw them" how about you comp. people the pre-reqs that grandfathered in, rather than screwing them? I've got command ships V in my plan by summer and now I wont be able to train it without queuing up 44 days of pre-requisite skills (charisma remap, anyone? No thanks), skills that weren't required for the ships to begin with and I have had zero interest in obtaining. I already trained into command ships, and now you're saying I'll have to re-train into a ship in order to further it?

    I realise it's been a while since these pre-reqs changed but some of us have played on/off over the years, it's a game that's been out for a long time remember. Why make decisions that hurt players due to previous decisions you made, rather than make happy?


    the changes themselves are pretty cool, though, and I look forward to it, apart from this part ^^ This is a small number of people being affected with very particular cases, but it's not a "minor" issue it's a month and a half of extra training before I can train a skill I already have.
    Masao Kurata
    Perkone
    Caldari State
    #19 - 2016-01-28 17:17:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Masao Kurata
    arcyaxiom wrote:
    Steve Ronuken wrote:
    (People will Command Ships, but not the prereqs (as they changed) won't be able to train it any more. Still be able to use the ship though)



    If it's such a small set of people that you think "screw them" how about you comp. people the pre-reqs that grandfathered in, rather than screwing them? I've got command ships V in my plan by summer and now I wont be able to train it without queuing up 44 days of pre-requisite skills (charisma remap, anyone? No thanks), skills that weren't required for the ships to begin with and I have had zero interest in obtaining. I already trained into command ships, and now you're saying I'll have to re-train into a ship in order to further it?


    Now think how bad it is for people who started after the prereq changes, want to fly a command ship but like you have no interest in those skills and additionally didn't get millions of free SP in racial battlecruiser and destroyer skills.
    A Nony Mouse
    Pator Tech School
    Minmatar Republic
    #20 - 2016-01-28 17:33:52 UTC
    While the extracting/injecting seemed to work well for me, I did notice I accidentally clicked on the x to remove a skill from the training queue whilst trying to resize the window. Perhaps if they can't be moved, a confirmation dialog, or better yet and undo/redo option for changes to the skill queue would be a great help. I know you can undo all, but a undo history would be a nice feature.
    123Next pageLast page