These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Market statistics table, method of calculation?

Author
Droidster
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-01-24 22:49:15 UTC
How are the market statistics calculated? For example, it might say a certain commodity had 15 orders on a particular day for a quantity of 3543, then it gives a high, low and average.

Are these orders that have actually completed, or just orders that are posted and not necessarily filled?

Are they orders all across New Eden or just in the region I am in?
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#2 - 2016-01-24 23:22:39 UTC
Completed orders in the region you are currently in.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Droidster
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-01-24 23:30:38 UTC
Hmmm, that seems strange then because the number of orders shown would seem to be higher than would be possible considering the market conditions.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#4 - 2016-01-25 18:19:03 UTC
Droidster wrote:
Hmmm, that seems strange then because the number of orders shown would seem to be higher than would be possible considering the market conditions.

You must be missing something, in that case

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

voetius
Grundrisse
#5 - 2016-01-25 21:57:05 UTC
Droidster wrote:
How are the market statistics calculated? For example, it might say a certain commodity had 15 orders on a particular day for a quantity of 3543, then it gives a high, low and average.

Are these orders that have actually completed, or just orders that are posted and not necessarily filled?

Are they orders all across New Eden or just in the region I am in?

Perhaps you would care to enlighten us on the item in question? I almost always use the table view and have not seen any error before in it.
Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#6 - 2016-01-25 23:18:04 UTC
Droidster wrote:

It is both buys and sells.