These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

"That" time of year again.

First post
Author
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#201 - 2016-01-18 06:53:32 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Sorry, I forgot about this thread.
Alphea Abbra wrote:
... To be informed takes clicking a splash page link and 5 minutes. ...
Two days during the working week last year?
In a launcher that many of us by-pass?
After your 75% lie, I'm going to ask for a source on that. See, this is what happens when you're obviously careless with the truth, acknowledges it, and doesn't care to rectify anything. And just to make sure you don't try anything funny again: I can probably spot if your source for this claim is as bad as your source for the 75%. A fake source will not work, and will only hurt your credibility even more.

But to the substance of it: I told you why your conspiracy does not hold water, and trying to solve your conspiracy by disenfranchising groups should be reprehensible to everyone. You respond with a claim that CCP doesn't do enough to improve voter turnout. Am I to see this as a tacit acknowledgement that you have realised how wrong you were?

Because who are disputing that CCP should do more? I think there's more to do, like they've done in the past. Dev. blogs. EVE mails. Real mails. YT videos...
But I'm also being realistic about it. There are a lot for whom CSM is just a name for something they don't care about. EVE is just a game, and voting for politicians in a game can seem silly. Those who are interested have plenty of sources, both from CCP and elsewhere, to make up their mind. It doesn't take a lot of effort to get informed, but it does take interest.
And this is really the crucial thing. CCP (And candidates) should work on raising the voter turnout, but we should not kid ourselves about what the CSM means to most people. At some point, we've reached everyone, and those who aren't voting (Remember that a blank vote is a sign that no candidate deserves the vote, while staying at home is a sign of lack of caring or trust) know they could vote, but choose not to.

For a small, loud group, there is 62% of the EVE population who aren't voting. This has not yet been shown to be correct (And I have a hard time seeing how it could), but it's a further question of whether they know about CSM and choose not to vote, or if they're uninformed but would vote if aware.
The first part does not matter, though. The second part is something CCP and candidates can do something about.
Trebor Daehdoow mailed out back when he ran, and I also once got a CSM-election-mail from CCP, though it's currently lost in 62 pages of alliance mails, so I can't find it.
If CCP did that again, and if candidates tried to reach their potential constituents to get out the vote (As especially null-sec coalitions do), you'd see voter turnout rise.

But that is hard work. Posting conspiracies on the EVEO forums is easy.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#202 - 2016-01-18 23:37:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Alphea Abbra wrote:
.. After your 75% lie, I'm going to ask for a source on that. ...
More fool me. I believe it.
I know accounts have been PLEX'ed in advance ready to vote also. (Yours is likely one of those) Blink

As for sources, you can wait until the cows come home or you can actually do some digging. I high-lighted it last year.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#203 - 2016-01-19 00:14:13 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
.. After your 75% lie, I'm going to ask for a source on that. ...
More fool me. I believe it.
I know accounts have been PLEX'ed in advance ready to vote also. (Yours is likely one of those) Blink

As for sources, you can wait until the cows come home or you can actually do some digging. I high-lighted it last year.


This is the Eve version of "study it out" and "unskewed polls" right?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#204 - 2016-01-19 05:35:36 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
.. After your 75% lie, I'm going to ask for a source on that. ...
More fool me. I believe it.
I know accounts have been PLEX'ed in advance ready to vote also. (Yours is likely one of those) Blink
Or I returned because GRDE and some of the old S2N folks got together. Both are good options, really.
But no, you don't know accounts that have been PLEX'ed to vote. I mean, you expect me to believe that? Not just believe you, which is already a stretch, but also believe that alliancer leaders have no sense of proportion or fiscal responsibility? Alliances like the CFC, who have the numbers to win seats, as long as nullsec votes?
You're using Xenuria arguments. Just so you're aware. And you're still wrong.

Quote:
As for sources, you can wait until the cows come home or you can actually do some digging. I high-lighted it last year.
Sooooo... you got nothing?
I mean, if you had actual evidence for your claims, you'd proudly and confidently be shouting them from the rooftops (As you tried with the 75%). The whole "secret intel" is only done by those who know they're lying, or have no idea but assume they are.
At this point, it's starting to bore me, really. You lie about something, then refuse to back it up, but say that "the evidence is out there" like any moronic conspiracy nut would, sprinkled by a little "you're an alt" sillyness. Can't you at least be interesting?
Jenshae Chiroptera
#205 - 2016-01-19 06:40:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Alphea Abbra wrote:
... But no, you don't know accounts that have been PLEX'ed to vote. ...
I have met more than one CFC director via the test server. I know.
I have seen them and their alliance members using them recently and I have spoken with them.
(If you want more than that, you can suck it. They are some of the few ones I quite like and CFC shot a guy's titan for some pretext + Bat Country, etc)

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#206 - 2016-01-19 06:47:37 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Alphea Abbra wrote:
... But no, you don't know accounts that have been PLEX'ed to vote. ...
I have met more than one CFC director via the test server. I know.
I have seen them and their alliance members using them recently and I have spoken with them.
(If you want more than that, you can suck it. They are some of the few ones I quite like and CFC shot a guy's titan for some pretext + Bat Country, etc)


In other words, you expect us to take your word for it?

No. Pass. Evidence please. Without proof, you're just making **** up. That's called lying.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#207 - 2016-01-19 06:57:24 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Jace Varus wrote:
Go to the beta map in-game, and turn to the average number of pilots in space in the last 30 minutes. There you go.

Just one problem — in fact, the exact same problem as with all those inane claims: it doesn't display players. The mythical majority is just that: a myth, at best born out of bad maths, at worst born out of sheer ignorance and wishful thinking.


So the vast majority of players are docked up or in a wormhole ?

Ive seen you toss this trash about before, it runs counter to anything remotely reasonable given the facts presented by the game itself and it makes you look desperate and silly.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#208 - 2016-01-19 07:01:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Maldiro Selkurk
As to the CSM it is controlled by organized groups and this is in keeping with CCPs development philosophy as i understand it. I dont think it is ultimately good for the game as a whole but it is consistent with their bigger groups are in control of the game's development pattern.

It would be nice if CCP did away with the pretense that the CSM is voted in by the playerbase and instead just let the 4 largest coalitions send in their CSM mouthpieces and be done with it, the outcome would be the same and it wouldnt be such an insulting slap in the face to anyone not in those 4 coalitions.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#209 - 2016-01-19 07:11:15 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Jace Varus wrote:
Go to the beta map in-game, and turn to the average number of pilots in space in the last 30 minutes. There you go.

Just one problem — in fact, the exact same problem as with all those inane claims: it doesn't display players. The mythical majority is just that: a myth, at best born out of bad maths, at worst born out of sheer ignorance and wishful thinking.


So the vast majority of players are docked up or in a wormhole ?

Ive seen you toss this trash about before, it runs counter to anything remotely reasonable given the facts presented by the game itself and it makes you look desperate and silly.


Players != characters.

I have 6 characters, all of which I use to some degree or another. 5 of them basically never leave high sec. One of them basically never enters high sec.

If you're pretending that all of my characters are a player, well, gosh, 5/6 players live in high sec!

Except, no. 5/6 "players", in this case, are station-sitting alts because characters are not players.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Mindrago Aldent
Doomheim
#210 - 2016-01-19 09:01:52 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Back on track:

My experience of crossing High Sec multiple times and talking to people was that they didn't know the CSM existed nor what it does.

That is what is relevant.


Bullshit..you didn't ask me.

Over xmas I flew around hi sec systems trying to give away a shiny new Endurance..All I was after was a simple reply to me shouting merry xmas in local.

Using your argument, and as I got no reply, that must mean xmas doesn't exist!

I know the CSM exists, I also know lots of players in hs know it exists. Do they vote? doubtful.

The reason? Most see it as pointless as their single vote will not affect the block voting low/null alliances.

You have to remember that the vast majority of hs corps are a few mates/members who just log on to do what they like to do and have 0 interest in alliances or the political bullshit that goes on at this time of year. Or any time of year.

I personally think the csm should be disbanded and ccp should stop pandering to it and take control of their game back. Make the changes they want to and if YOU don't like it, well feel free to find a facebook game.


Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#211 - 2016-01-19 11:58:01 UTC
Mindrago Aldent wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Back on track:

My experience of crossing High Sec multiple times and talking to people was that they didn't know the CSM existed nor what it does.

That is what is relevant.


Bullshit..you didn't ask me.

Over xmas I flew around hi sec systems trying to give away a shiny new Endurance..All I was after was a simple reply to me shouting merry xmas in local.

Using your argument, and as I got no reply, that must mean xmas doesn't exist!

I know the CSM exists, I also know lots of players in hs know it exists. Do they vote? doubtful.

The reason? Most see it as pointless as their single vote will not affect the block voting low/null alliances.

You have to remember that the vast majority of hs corps are a few mates/members who just log on to do what they like to do and have 0 interest in alliances or the political bullshit that goes on at this time of year. Or any time of year.

I personally think the csm should be disbanded and ccp should stop pandering to it and take control of their game back. Make the changes they want to and if YOU don't like it, well feel free to find a facebook game.




So CCP have lost control of their came to the CSM? I thought the CSM was powerless and accomplished nothing.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#212 - 2016-01-19 12:11:06 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Mindrago Aldent wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Back on track:

My experience of crossing High Sec multiple times and talking to people was that they didn't know the CSM existed nor what it does.

That is what is relevant.


Bullshit..you didn't ask me.

Over xmas I flew around hi sec systems trying to give away a shiny new Endurance..All I was after was a simple reply to me shouting merry xmas in local.

Using your argument, and as I got no reply, that must mean xmas doesn't exist!

I know the CSM exists, I also know lots of players in hs know it exists. Do they vote? doubtful.

The reason? Most see it as pointless as their single vote will not affect the block voting low/null alliances.

You have to remember that the vast majority of hs corps are a few mates/members who just log on to do what they like to do and have 0 interest in alliances or the political bullshit that goes on at this time of year. Or any time of year.

I personally think the csm should be disbanded and ccp should stop pandering to it and take control of their game back. Make the changes they want to and if YOU don't like it, well feel free to find a facebook game.




So CCP have lost control of their came to the CSM? I thought the CSM was powerless and accomplished nothing.

Man, you CSM guys are slow... CSM is powerless because CCP doesn't listen, because CCP has no control of their game, because Ilumittani! And aliens!
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#213 - 2016-01-19 12:38:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Drago Shouna
nvm

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#214 - 2016-01-19 14:14:48 UTC
Mister Ripley wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Mindrago Aldent wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Back on track:

My experience of crossing High Sec multiple times and talking to people was that they didn't know the CSM existed nor what it does.

That is what is relevant.


Bullshit..you didn't ask me.

Over xmas I flew around hi sec systems trying to give away a shiny new Endurance..All I was after was a simple reply to me shouting merry xmas in local.

Using your argument, and as I got no reply, that must mean xmas doesn't exist!

I know the CSM exists, I also know lots of players in hs know it exists. Do they vote? doubtful.

The reason? Most see it as pointless as their single vote will not affect the block voting low/null alliances.

You have to remember that the vast majority of hs corps are a few mates/members who just log on to do what they like to do and have 0 interest in alliances or the political bullshit that goes on at this time of year. Or any time of year.

I personally think the csm should be disbanded and ccp should stop pandering to it and take control of their game back. Make the changes they want to and if YOU don't like it, well feel free to find a facebook game.




So CCP have lost control of their came to the CSM? I thought the CSM was powerless and accomplished nothing.

Man, you CSM guys are slow... CSM is powerless because CCP doesn't listen, because CCP has no control of their game, because Ilumittani! And aliens!




Ohhhh.... Shocked

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#215 - 2016-01-19 14:49:50 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:

- Why are you voting for that person?
- Is the CSM influence more gradual and insidious?
- Is the CSM too full of peacocks or selfish agendas to be taken seriously by CCP?
- Is CSM largely a lobby group?
- How can the whole process be improved?
- Are these questions too late?



- I'm not

- That sounds like a comparative sentence but it's missing the target of comparison

- No more than this thread

- That's the whole idea

- Elect everyone in New Eden to the CSM

- No, they're just pointless


i love your tash

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#216 - 2016-01-19 15:00:16 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
So CCP have lost control of their came to the CSM?
And also eeewww. Shocked
And also kinky. Oops
And also invite? Twisted

Next time the CSM does this, I mean... Blink
Jenshae Chiroptera
#217 - 2016-01-19 19:26:49 UTC
In the system we trust.
In the system we have no doubts.
The system is clearly perfect.

Roll

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#218 - 2016-01-19 19:29:19 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
In the system we trust.
In the system we have no doubts.
The system is clearly perfect.

Roll


Did you have an argument to make, or have you just been reduced to shrilly complaining about THE SYSTEM for no articulable reason at this point?

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Jenshae Chiroptera
#219 - 2016-01-19 19:30:56 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Did you have an argument to make, or have you just been reduced to shrilly complaining about THE SYSTEM for no articulable reason at this point?
Have you actually done anything or presented anything concrete yet to disprove anything that I have said?
Your opinion doesn't amount to much. Blink

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#220 - 2016-01-19 19:40:43 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Did you have an argument to make, or have you just been reduced to shrilly complaining about THE SYSTEM for no articulable reason at this point?
Have you actually done anything or presented anything concrete yet to disprove anything that I have said?
Your opinion doesn't amount to much. Blink


I am presenting this quote as concrete evidence that you do not understand how burden of proof functions.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/