These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Character Mail and wallet journal descriptions API help

First post
Author
Repeadeik Erkkinen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-01-15 13:53:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Repeadeik Erkkinen
Hi, this is my first EVE forum post and I'm not usually one to be asking for help but this issue has me a bit stumped.

Allow me to explain, I am currently working on a website that is intended to serve users with a multitude of different information, starting with character sheets but at the end development stages offering a vast array of more useful and intuitive features. The site has been in development for quite some time, let me explain my dilemma.

For one of the features of the website there is obviously the character sheet page which operates much like the well known eve-boards, although there is another feature which users can use which is a request system to view an extra set of information, this information being all wallet transactions, contact lists, and mail. Although what I am struggling with is finding the correct API to display mail content, I have searched all through the documentation, done countless google searches but all i can seem to find is mailMessages and mailingLists(which i assume to be completely different). I cannot seem to find an API which will fetch the content of the mail. Unless I am missing something and have made a silly mistake.

My second less prioritized issue is, I have added most of the section that will display wallet transactions although currently it is only displaying the type of transaction from refTypeID as well as the initial information from the walletJournal API I am stumped on what to look for to add descriptions of each actual transaction, although I have seen it done on other websites. By description I of course mean like "user bought `item` from user at `station`" ect.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

I will not advertise the link of the website as it is currently in very early stages of development, while functional the server hosting it is quite unstable and certainly not suitable for much more than development only purposes.

TL;DR

I need help with the API which serves mail content, not just the mail titles.

I also need help with getting descriptions from walletJournal entires, for example "user bought `item` from user at `station`"
CCP Tellus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2016-01-15 14:20:51 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Tellus
Repeadeik Erkkinen wrote:

The char/MailBodies.xml.aspx endpoint takes in an `ids` parameter, which is a comma separated list of messageIDs.

I also need help with getting descriptions from walletJournal entires, for example "user bought `item` from user at `station`"

Is this what you're looking for? https://api.eveonline.com/eve/RefTypes.xml.aspx
Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#3 - 2016-01-15 16:24:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Querns
CCP Tellus wrote:

Is this what you're looking for? https://api.eveonline.com/eve/RefTypes.xml.aspx

On that note, could the RefTypes.xml.aspx endpoint be brought up to date with the game? It's missing many reftypes. We've had to discern what they are by hand, because they're either "Unknown" or completely missing.
Looks like it actually updated fairly recently; nevermind.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Repeadeik Erkkinen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2016-01-15 17:18:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Repeadeik Erkkinen
CCP Tellus wrote:

The char/MailBodies.xml.aspx endpoint takes in an `ids` parameter, which is a comma separated list of messageIDs.

Hi, thanks for the fast response, the mailBodies API seems to be what i was looking for thanks! I will have a closer look tomorrow as it is currently 3 AM.

as for the refType API that is what i already have, i may not have been clear enough in my explanation. I will further elaborate.

This screenshot is taken from ridetheclown.com http://i.imgur.com/KBl4fFn.png

As you can see this website displays information from the refType API(the type column), although it also displays added information in the description area, I understand that the majority of the content seen in the description column is done by the developer and less so by the API, but there would have to be some API that displays more information to aid in the creation of that column.

For example some API containing static IDs that contain information about the purchase being of hornet drones.

I hope i haven't over explained this, thanks in advance.
CCP Tellus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2016-01-15 17:49:03 UTC
For example some API containing static IDs that contain information about the purchase being of hornet drones.

The information you're looking for should be available via char/WalletTransactions.xml.aspx.
Repeadeik Erkkinen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-01-15 17:59:35 UTC
CCP Tellus wrote:

The information you're looking for should be available via char/WalletTransactions.xml.aspx.

Ahh yes, sorry, I had previously looked into that endpoint although I must have dismissed it for a misinterpreted reason. Thanks for the help, genuinely surprised in the developers responsiveness.
Desmont McCallock
#7 - 2016-01-15 19:38:02 UTC
If you are an EVEMon user you can use its API Tester tool and see the syntax for each endpoint and the result it returns.
Repeadeik Erkkinen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2016-01-16 03:45:16 UTC
Desmont McCallock wrote:
If you are an EVEMon user you can use its API Tester tool and see the syntax for each endpoint and the result it returns.

This sounds interesting, I have been using https://eveonline-third-party-documentation.readthedocs.org for documentation but it is, as highlighted by this posts existence incomplete.

Might have a look at eveMON